Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 124 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,720 of 4480

Thread: Last Post Wins

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I Googled 'lost medieval servant boy'.

The result was 'This page cannot be found.'
    Nuh-uh…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Last Post Wins

Well, I liked it. I know, don't quit my day job.

As an aside, Google use to have a sense of humor. LIke how you could google "French military victories" and it came back "no results found. Did you mean French military defeats?". Those days are long over. Now you probably get a referral to a secret quasi government agency that will investigate you for not thinking the right way.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I do remember that. It wasn't just on April Fools' Day, either.

Apollo 11 launched 52 years ago today, so now's a good time to follow Relive Apollo 11 as it "live tweets" the mission:

https://twitter.com/ReliveApollo11
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Last Post Wins

Melon season running late this year, still no local cantaloupes or watermelons.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Melon season running late this year, still no local cantaloupes or watermelons.

Kroger has been stocking some good cantaloupes for the last 3 weeks. They are not Posey county quality, but they do in a pinch. I have my first small Kroger watermelon on the counter awaiting the knife. Hope it is a good one.
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 07-17-2021 at 01:32 PM.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I miss living within easy driving distance of those Posey county melons and Union CO KY sweet corn
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 07-17-2021 at 03:00 PM.
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

Going to give Agave and Rye a try tonight. Basically a jacked up taco joint….film at 11:00

Last edited by blueboss; 07-17-2021 at 04:29 PM.

Last Post Wins

Looking at son's soccer schedule, wondering if it would be cheaper to rent an apartment for a couple of months than repetitively get hotel rooms 20-30 nights.

Need to add in the rental car cost as well.
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Looking at son's soccer schedule, wondering if it would be cheaper to rent an apartment for a couple of months than repetitively get hotel rooms 20-30 nights.
    150(30)=$4500.

Where is he going to school?

Last Post Wins

Jackson, Mississippi. I'm going to check around and see what I can find on apartments. Your estimate is about what I was thinking too. My wife says we can probably drop it down to 20 nights, but that's a minimum and would increase driving. I have never traveled for work so I've never had "points" or anything, but it may make sense here, too. Just checking out any options.

Weird schedule this year. A couple of weeks they play Monday Thursday Saturday. We always stay 2-3 nights when they play Thursday-Saturday, but this might make it Monday thru Friday night, come home Saturday unless just too tired. We're less than 4 hours away, but that's 7-8 hours round trip. Just enough to be irritating.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 07-17-2021 at 06:24 PM.

You might be able to negotiate a hotel room price if you book it for a whole month but even at $100 a night that’s $3000. Maybe check out some air bnb’s?
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Last Post Wins

I'm looking at the AirBNBs now. Some pretty good options for around $2500 for 2 months, but also $70-100 a night plus fees. I think I might see if any of them would cut me a deal if I selected 20-30 nights spread out over 2 months, as opposed to 2 months.

I would think an extended stay hotel may make you a deal? those have dropped off the past several years, but just a thought.

Used to have a friend in Jackson, I wonder if he still owns the house but I doubt it. he moved to New Orleans.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Staybridge is a good place to stay, and they run about $100.00 bucks a night in Jackson. I have worked with them in the past for 30 days over a 2 month period and the offered decent discounts when I booked for 6 days per stay.
    seeya
    dan

All cantaloupes are muskmelons but not all muskmelons are cantaloupes.

Interestingly, I'm speaking now with someone who has an air B&B across the street from the University, and the rate, even with fees, is much lower than a hotel. Of course, there are negatives to it such as no television (we have YouTube TV and a computer, so that's not really an issue) no swimming pool (I can't remember the last time I wife or I used a hotel swimming pool, but it has been many years), and I guess no free breakfast (these days, the hotel breakfast that are free are getting worse and worse. With Covid, many of them have evolved into a "grab and go" breakfast of something in a plastic package. McDonald's biscuit is a superior breakfast, so anything else is even better.

I think were going to try it the first four days and see if we like it. By my calculations, we will save $100-$200, depending upon exactly which hotel we might use. I'm sure we could get better deals on the hotel so maybe closer to $100, but that adds up.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    All cantaloupes are muskmelons but not all muskmelons are cantaloupes.
    All of Alma Cogan is dead, but only some of the class of dead people are Alma Cogan.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    All of Alma Cogan is dead, but only some of the class of dead people are Alma Cogan.
    George was Lorraine’s density, which means they would have bobbed up and down at the same depth in seawater, which is denser.

BTW bonus points for getting that reference. it's somewhat obscure I would think.

Oh I’m lost lol

It's a quote. I"ll wait to see if anyone knows it offhand, if not I'll give a couple of hints. There are, sadly for them,a few here with my taste in comedy who may have stumbled across it.

I got you, Citizen.
    M.P.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    I got you, Citizen.
    M.P.
    You the man.

Thought it was a bit more obscure b/c it's not from Holy Grail, but rather The Album of the Soundtrack of the Trailer of the Film of Monty Python and the Holy Grail. There were some added features, including this skit from the professor of logic. Have to have listened to the album to know it.

That and Hollywood Bowl and Contractual Obligation Album were once all in my collection, now lost to the travels of time.

Lost mine to a booze feuled youth...
    Funny how we change over a period of time...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Last Post Wins

Got a cantaloupe from the local fruit and veggie stand this morning, it was the size of a basketball. I was like, “holy cow these melons are huge”, the lady that runs it said, “everything that comes off that hill is big”…that’s a whole other story.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Got a cantaloupe from the local fruit and veggie stand this morning, it was the size of a basketball. I was like, “holy cow these melons are huge”, the lady that runs it said, “everything that comes off that hill is big”…that’s a whole other story.

I thought you were going to say she turned around and slapped you.

Grammy & I went to a couple of local farmer's markets this morning. Got some ribeyes and fresh veggies. Grammy already made a cumber, onion and fresh tomato salad for lunch that was awesome.
    I can't wait for supper even though I will have to man the grill...