Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 122 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,660 of 4480

Thread: Last Post Wins

Re: Last Post Wins

In the early to mid 90s, in BG we had a snowfall of around 6 inches on the 22nd of April. Thousands of acres of corn had been planted, had emerged, and grown to the 4 leaf stage. When the snow melted a few days later, there was no standing corn to be seen, anywhere.

I do not recall how wide spread the snow event was, but do recall it affecting crops all along the Tennessee border all the way to the Mississippi river to the west and to Burkesville to the east.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I remember the year a buddy of mine and myself did NOT go with some friends to the Derby, and watched on TV as they got sleeted on in the infield. I don't plan on Spring until we run the Derby b/c of it. lol
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I remember the year a buddy of mine and myself did NOT go with some friends to the Derby, and watched on TV as they got sleeted on in the infield. I don't plan on Spring until we run the Derby b/c of it. lol
    I think it may be the same year, I was out on Derby Eve at about three in the morning... I was in my ex-wife’s car (long story) and ran out of gas and it was sleeting and snowing. A police officer stopped, which is a whole other story (happy ending).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blueboss; 04-21-2021 at 07:07 PM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Last Post Wins

Low to mid 80’s early next week.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Last Post Wins

37 here this morning!

Crazy.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    37 here this morning!

Crazy.
    Same here, I think it was 38 when I left the house this morning.

Entering my favorite month of the year in Kentucky. (October's a close 2nd.)
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Entering my favorite month of the year in Kentucky. (October's a close 2nd.)
    Happy birthday!!

Hmmmm, fondness of tornadoes, hail storms, grass and tree pollen, turn around don't drown signs, and, rising auto fuel prices.

There is no way to explain some folks fondness for things that make us uncomfortable.
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

I enjoy May, I got married in May, my mothers birthday was in May, derby is in May, I usually take a vacation in May.

My mothers birthday was in May and I always told her that I did not hold it against her.
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

Mother's Day and two daughter's birthdays in May. Then again, I just about have all the months covered with family birthdays...

Rupp's Runt

Last Post Wins

Give me October for 6 months out of the year.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

Last Post Wins

Plus, May has strawberries in my locale.

Used to not care about May. Now I don't care for it. You have Mother's Day, Memorial day and Derby. When the heck do I have my auctions, which are on weekends? lol.

We need no more than one holiday in a month, or just save them all up till the end of the year so we can shut down for 3 weeks for Valentines/St. Patricks' Day/Easter/Mother's Day/Memorial Day/Fourth of July/Labor Day/Thanksgiving/Xmas all at once and be done with it.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

Weather could not be better for derby day, mid 70’s, not a cloud in the sky, slight breeze. Springtime in Ky, nothing better.

Met a WWII vet today. He was drafted from Breathitt County, joined the navy, and his ship, the USS Chase, was damaged by a kamikaze attack near Okinawa. The men jumped into the Pacific. He held onto an oil barrel as he barely knew how to swim.

Another ship picked them up and gave them dry clothes. The next morning, when their ship did not sink, they got back on it and it was towed in for repairs.

I found a copy of his draft registration card on Fold3 and printed a copy. He and his daughter seemed to appreciate that. That made me feel good to do something small but nice for him.

It was an enjoyable conversation, and my honor to talk with him
    Last edited by UKFlounder; 05-27-2021 at 03:59 PM.

Very cool. And good on you to give the gentleman and his family something they could appreciate.

Last Post Wins

Great story, worthy of upsetting my 26 day record.

Cool story and Kudos to you Flounder for the draft doc. assistance.
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

Cold front blowing through, end of May brings highs in the upper 50’s.

Last Post Wins

43 degrees in the morning in NY. Daughter, keep warm.

Last Post Wins

Add Ralph's on the Park (Ralph Brennan owned restaurant at City Park, New Orleans) as a highly recommended New Orleans restaurant from me. Ate there tonight and it was fantastic.

Last Post Wins

Shoot, now I want to go to New Orleans and eat at Ralph’s.

Bombino

Last Post Wins

FYI the wife and I are gonna be in Lexington, KY July 2nd to July 8th. Hopefully can meet up with some of the Kentucky contingent and have some bourbon/beer.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

This post reminds me of the old GYERO thread from the other site way back when.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    FYI the wife and I are gonna be in Lexington, KY July 2nd to July 8th. Hopefully can meet up with some of the Kentucky contingent and have some bourbon/beer.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    I'm going to mark my calendar. No idea what my schedule is for that week but hopefully we can have a KSR get together.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I'm going to mark my calendar. No idea what my schedule is for that week but hopefully we can have a KSR get together.
    I doubt I can make it this year, but maybe it can surround a trip to visit my daughter so keep me apprised as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I doubt I can make it this year, but maybe it can surround a trip to visit my daughter so keep me apprised as well.
    If you can make it I'll clear my schedule. Partying with "The Man" is legendary.