Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 118 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,540 of 4480

Thread: Last Post Wins

Re: Last Post Wins

4 inches to a foot in BG depending on which witch doctor you listen too.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post

...Ohio River Valley getting ready for a pretty good snow event. Starting tonight through Tuesday morning, calling for 8”-10”, or 6”-8” depending on who you’re listening to.

Coming up from Texas and heading ENE. Looks like our friends in the south as far south as Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana might be seeing some ice.

...better get your bread and milk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I went to Wall Mart this morning and picked up a case of beer and 6 boxes of shotgun shells.
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

They closed my son's school in Jackson (Mississippi) for both Monday and Tuesday, anticipating power outages.

Usually when they do that , there is no problem.

I don't think we're going to get anything in Birmingham. But the stores were still out of bread. I know because my wife orders pick up groceries every Saturday night for pick up Sunday and bread was included. But they emailed and said they were out.

4 inches to a foot in BG depending on which witch doctor you listen too.

D67BA955-F766-44BB-99BF-56D020107362.jpg
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Last Post Wins

Well, now that I look at NWS for the area, maybe it wasn't jumping the gun. They have them in an area that may lose power for 1-2 weeks.

Still thinking that's unlikely, but maybe not an extreme reaction, considering.

South just doesn't prepare for this.

Last Post Wins

Round one last night dropped about 1.5 on my measuring bench... we’ll see what side of the now 8-12 prediction line we’ll get starting later this afternoon.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

it is difficult to measure the thickness of paint, but the concrete and paved surfaces are white this morning.
    seeya
    dan

A gas-powered log splitter may not sound like much but it is a nice luxury to have and use.

Last Post Wins

Our local weather men could moonlight as SEC officials. They literally missed this one by 6”- 8”. This morning we they were calling 8”-12” of snow, Between my house and work we may have 2”-4”...of course it’s not over yet, but now they’re saying we might get another 1”-2” over night.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

The which doctors blew it here as well. 1 1/2 inches will cover the heaviest precip areas. It is slick on the roads as it never really snowed much at all it was mostly sleet and freezing rain.
    seeya
    dan

Did Andy cancel vaccinations for the rest of this week?
    seeya
    dan

Got some beans soaking, going to put them in the slow cooker tomorrow. Getting ready to make a big skillet of cornbread.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    A gas-powered log splitter may not sound like much but it is a nice luxury to have and use.
    They are of little use if you have no logs.
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    A lot safer than a beer powered splitter.

Last Post Wins

Daughter spending night in the hospital tonight so possible icy roads at 6am won't keep her from tending to CV-ICU and Covid-ICU patients in the morning. Hopes to be home tomorrow night. Still my hero.

Oldest daughter and SIL moving to their new home in Cincinnati Saturday. Will the snow stop by then?

Ended up with 3 1/2” total at my house counting what was already there (not much) but the guy that used to plow and salt Louisville streets has apparently retired.

14 big degrees.

Last Post Wins

This is near where I grew up (and where my brother lives now). Click the bottom link for the short video clip.

@ABC: These Louisianans used an airboat to zoom around town as winter storm brings ice and snow to the southern U.S. https://abcn.ws/3u06iCV

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/13617...642245/video/1

Last Post Wins

Maybe 4” on measuring bench this morning after the system moved through.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    This is near where I grew up (and where my brother lives now). Click the bottom link for the short video clip.

@ABC: These Louisianans used an airboat to zoom around town as winter storm brings ice and snow to the southern U.S. https://abcn.ws/3u06iCV

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/13617...642245/video/1

I admire their ingenuity. And no worries about gators.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Well, the snow fall finally amounted to something here at casa dan_bgblue. We have 5 1/2 inches of total accumulation on top of the stump in the back yard.
    seeya
    dan

Only a couple or so inches I think in Lexington. Didn't look up the official count. very light, actually helped on the icy roads that weren't cleared yet.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Kroger Pharmacy took care of Judy, my SIL and me this afternoon. My daughter is a teacher and she was stabbed last week. I have no complaints, just one comment. We had checked in and were about 10 folks away from getting the shot. A nurse came out and said there would be a delay while they thawed out some more vials of vaccine. And the were thawing it out 30 vials at a time and I think I heard that each vial contained 5 doses.

She explained that they were trying to manage the inventory of thawed vaccines as they did not want to waste any of it. I respect their concern for the supply and demand issue, but there were probably 100 or so people behind us in line with dozens of others waiting to be checked in and they had not popped into being in line out of thin air.

Anyway we were inoculated and spent another 15 minutes waiting to make sure that we were not afflicted with convulsions, fevers, or other maladies that might have been caused by the vaccine. I am in good shape and am sure the horn that popped out on my forehead will go away in a day or two.

Truthfully I did not even feel the shot in my arm, and it has been 3 hours since it happened and there are not any aches or pains in my arm at this time and I do not anticipate any in the coming hours or days.
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post

Truthfully I did not even feel the shot in my arm, and it has been 3 hours since it happened and there are not any aches or pains in my arm at this time and I do not anticipate any in the coming hours or days.
    Dan, I wasn't sure the student nurse that gave my injection had even given it when she was putting on a bandaid. I don't particularly like looking at needles going in, so I don't watch. Now, I am a blood donor, and grew up getting two allergy shots a week, so needles don't bother me, it's just the idea of them, if that makes sense. Anyway, it was the tiniest pinch ever going in.

Low 60s in Kentucky next week. Yes, please.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Someone must have shot that damn groundhog.

Last Post Wins

Here comes the big, sloppy thaw. Mid 30’s to low 40’s and rain. Ugh!

Last edited by blueboss; 02-21-2021 at 07:47 AM.

So you would prefer to remain frozen solid for the foreseeable future?
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    So you would prefer to remain frozen solid for the foreseeable future?
    I detest 34 and rain, snow on the ground doesn’t bother me as long as roads are clear. It could be the start of a gradual warmup to spring though.

Last Post Wins

^^having said that, it will be nice to get the snow off my walkways, and driveway. I’ve got stitches in my chest and I’m on a weight lifting, pushing, pulling, stretching limitation, which includes snow shoveling.

I kept hoping an ambitious kid would show up with a shovel... when I was a kid this was a $200 snow event. There are no more kids interested in manual labor side jobs anymore.

That is the damn truth. I was mowing yards, chopping out tobacco, hauling hay, and shoveling snow at every opportunity when I was 12 years old.

Of course I did not have a cell phone, a laptop or tablet or a video game console.
    seeya
    dan