Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 117 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,510 of 4480

Thread: Last Post Wins

Re: Last Post Wins

In the deep freeze today.

Last Post Wins

We got another visually appealing snow last night. Woke up to about a 1/2” ground and threes covered. Sidewalks, driveway and roads in good shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Last Post Wins

I miss snow. I don't miss the super heavy, shut down everything, make travel iffy kinda weather, but that kind of snow, I miss.

I don't mind a couple of really cold days to kill the bugs but this is enough.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Last Post Wins

Cold doesn't really bother me either. Except I enjoy doing my slow man jog outside and I can't do it when it's cold. I just can't. But that's the same whether it's 40 degrees or 14.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    In the deep freeze today.
    Does the light stay on when you close the door?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Nope!

That is good to know. I have been keeping a few potatoes in my freezer and was hoping the light was not keeping them awake.
    seeya
    dan

Tell them to close their eyes.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    facepalm.jpeg
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

You know, I can’t stand sitting down.

Last Post Wins

Ding, ding, ding!!!!!

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Last Post Wins

Got another one of those little 1/2” snow showers last night. Just enough to make everything look nice, roads and sidewalks are clear.

Spectrum news report looked like Covington area got 3 to 4 inches of winter whiteness.
    seeya
    dan

Apparently the Cincy area got thumped last night--some areas got 10".

(I wasn't up there so that one's not on me.)
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Last Post Wins

Apparently the Cincy area got thumped last night--some areas got 10".

(I wasn't up there so that one's not on me.)
    Daughter lives there and was sending some video and pics late last night. Didn't realize they got hit that much.

Last Post Wins

I have friends up in Cincy who ironically are leaving to go out west skiing next week.

Ice storm on the way :/ I’m hoping Louisville is far enough north to just get snow but they’re talking about 3/4” of ice down in south central Kentucky.

but they’re talking about 3/4” of ice down in south central Kentucky
    I need to dig out my ball bat.

True story, 30-40 years ago Southern KY experienced a heck of an ice storm and we were living out in the sticks, that is out in the country for you city folks, and electricity had gone out around 10:00 pm. I built a fire in the fireplace to replace the heat lost from the electric wall heaters and went to bed.

About 4:00 am I woke to an odd noise, whap, whap, whap, then about 10 mins of silence then the whapping began again. This cycle kept repeating itself and the noise kept getting louder. About 5:30 am the noise was right outside my window so I got up to see what was up. The light of a flashlight was shining in my back yard and the guy with the light was carrying a ball bat.

I watched him until he walked up to a utility pole in the field next to our house and he set the light down, took a batters stance and smacked that pole 3 times with the bat then reached down and got the flash light and walked off toward the next pole.
    seeya
    dan

Dan, did it work?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Might have been a Bigfoot; sounds like a tree-knocking exercise to me...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Dan, did it work?
    Yup. It vibrated the lines enough that a large portion of the ice fell during the pole knocking exercise. Apparently if there were any tree limbs in contact with the power lines the vibrations caused enough ice fell off them to keep them from downing power lines. The power did not come back on immediately, but it did return quicker than anticipated due to not having to replace as much line as it would have otherwise.
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    I need to dig out my ball bat.

True story, 30-40 years ago Southern KY experienced a heck of an ice storm and we were living out in the sticks, that is out in the country for you city folks, and electricity had gone out around 10:00 pm. I built a fire in the fireplace to replace the heat lost from the electric wall heaters and went to bed.

About 4:00 am I woke to an odd noise, whap, whap, whap, then about 10 mins of silence then the whapping began again. This cycle kept repeating itself and the noise kept getting louder. About 5:30 am the noise was right outside my window so I got up to see what was up. The light of a flashlight was shining in my back yard and the guy with the light was carrying a ball bat.

I watched him until he walked up to a utility pole in the field next to our house and he set the light down, took a batters stance and smacked that pole 3 times with the bat then reached down and got the flash light and walked off toward the next pole.
    I can't imagine the vibration that must have been in his hands...and I thought fouling a pitch off the handle in a February game with the temperature in the high 30's was brutal.

I may try it tonight. As Darrell suggested I may do permanent damage to my hands from enough vibration to actually move ice off the lines.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

It’s a slushy mess on the north side of the creek. Temps drop tonight it could get interesting in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I can't imagine the vibration that must have been in his hands...and I thought fouling a pitch off the handle in a February game with the temperature in the high 30's was brutal.
    I have tried it, and it is not as bad as one might think. Take a good grip on a 34 or 36 ounce bat handle, swing for a bloop single over 2nd base, not a home run to the upper deck. Try to hit the pole with the sweet spot of the bat not up close to your hands, and wear insulated gloves with leather outers.

If you are attacking a standard size utility line pole it may surprise you the amount of vibration it produces to the power lines.
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

...Ohio River Valley getting ready for a pretty good snow event. Starting tonight through Tuesday morning, calling for 8”-10”, or 6”-8” depending on who you’re listening to.

Coming up from Texas and heading ENE. Looks like our friends in the south as far south as Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana might be seeing some ice.

...better get your bread and milk.

I saw 4” to 8” :/

Should be fun on top of all the ice.

Last Post Wins

What’s Jay say??

Holy crap! 1 to 3 inches of sleet?!? That would be crazy.
    changing my signature to change our luck.