Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 11 of 150 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Post Wins

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I think the earth gets two more minutes of daylight, but we here on the surface get bupkous. Or is it bupkis? Bupkhis?
    Zilch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Last Post Wins

Are ya'll using flashlights to get around during the day?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Lanterns.

Last Post Wins

I know I shouldn't, but I think I'll catch a short nap before the game.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Please do not do that again.
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Please do not do that again.
    x2. Stop that, now.

Last Post Wins

I'm never taking a nap again!!!

Good.

I showered about an hour before the game. I'm never showering again, either.

Wait. I may be a big UK fan, but not sure my wife is.

Most of them aren't that big of a fan.
    Amazing what a little hygiene will get you in life; a little honey on your biscuit from time to time...
    To paraphrase Phil Robertson
    Last edited by BigBluePappy; 01-17-2016 at 07:38 AM. Reason: old age - forgot 1/2 of a sentence...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

I told my son "I feel good about winning today" and immediately felt less confident. Really, as soon as I seen Pearl's pregame speech, I was sick..and when they showed Cal's NBA video I became resigned to certain failure this season.

I think Cal mailed 15/16 in after his 38/1 effort. A little mental vacation, with multiple players unexpectedly returning, and a try for 40/0 again next year.
    Last edited by kingcat; 01-17-2016 at 10:38 AM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    I think Cal mailed 15/16 in after his 38/1 effort. A little mental vacation, with multiple players unexpectedly returning, and a try for 40/0 again next year.
    I get the frustration, but people with Cal's lifetime accomplishments are completely incapable of mailing it in. I'm serious, they just can't.

I guarantee Cal is working his butt off to win games this year, and to help these kids succeed. Him shooting a 4 minute video to help market the program is all part of his recruiting work, but it is work, and I'm sure it didn't cut a bit into his actual work with this team this year.

No doubt Pearl has had the UK game circled all year and pumped up his team all year, but that's true of every SEC coach. The UK coach can't afford to do that b/c we play way too many important games, most far more important than this one.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Maybe. I still think the loss last year changed Cal

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

How cold is it supposed to be where you will be tonight. 10 bone chilling degrees Fahrenheit here in BG tonight with a -1 wind chill.
    seeya
    dan

22 tomorrow morning when my son's soccer team have to hit the track to make required time. Those boys are going to be cold wearing shorts and t-shirts.

They tell me Radcliff is shooting for 9 whopping degrees overnight.

YESS!! I win, so far.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    They tell me Radcliff is shooting for 9 whopping degrees overnight.

YESS!! I win, so far.
    Ha! Supposed to be 8 here in Nalbany in the morning.

High temp of 14 on Monday after a low of I think 6 tonight

The person that goes first never has a chance
    seeya
    dan

It was going to be 6 last time I looked, here in the sprawling metropolis of Lexvegas.

Now for the key question, what am I doing here instead of doing ANYTHING else in Key West? fwiw it will be a nippy low of 61 there tonight.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I've decided to sleep in the house tonight.

Just walked around the neighborhood. It's a crisp 34, very nice for a brisk walk.

Last Post Wins

I woke up to 6 degrees at 7:30, the temperature has already climbed to a balmy 9 degrees.

Should be more of the same tonight.

Do not! I repeat, do not leave your brass monkey on the front porch tonight!!!

Son made time today, he was happy. And cold. Happier more than cold.

Congrats to him. Somewhere the medical community must have studied the anti freeze of youth
    seeya
    dan

Oh, he was cold, too. But had the adrenaline going as well.

It's a chilly 57 degrees here now.....brrrrrrrr
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by CGWildcat View Post
    Haha. I hope you catch a...ugh..a wave.

Quote Originally Posted by CGWildcat View Post
    Don't make me come out there and hang out with you and your model friends b/c if you push me hard enough I'll do it. And I'll have fun too, so don't push it.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Don't make me come out there and hang out with you and your model friends b/c if you push me hard enough I'll do it. And I'll have fun too, so don't push it.
    You mean like Bridget or Kelsey? Bridget is a local model in my town trying to "make it" in the market. Kelsey is an analyst for CBS sports in SF.... Attachment 5263Attachment 5264
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com