Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 109 of 150 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,270 of 4478

Thread: Last Post Wins

Re: Last Post Wins

I stopped hunting when I realized I really liked shooting an Uzi and couldn't come up with a single thing to hunt with it. Well not without pretending the animal uprising was happening and I had to defend the human race from extinction.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    At least there were plenty of hunters to keep them flying.

What were you hunting over? Corn silage, milo, wheat, sunflowers?

I quit hunting them years ago when I decided I did not want to shoot anything I would not eat and I never liked dove. Used to always clean them and give the meat away to friends
    Mostly sunflowers, but there were a few rows of corn on the edges of the sunflower plots. They did a good job bush hogging and then discing the ground to have strips of dirt through the sunflowers. Birds like dirt plus it makes them easier to find once you drop them.

I really enjoy dove breast, wrapped in bacon and thrown on the grill, with sweet white corn on the cob (silver queen).

Going to a private field Saturday, it’s loaded (assuming this front coming through doesn’t push them out) and there is going to be a designated number of shooters. Enough to keep the birds flying, but not too many to be on top of each other.

Dove hunts are about my favorite as far as hunting goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I stopped hunting when I realized I really liked shooting an Uzi and couldn't come up with a single thing to hunt with it. Well not without pretending the animal uprising was happening and I had to defend the human race from extinction.
    You’d probably enjoy wild boar hunting out of a helicopter. You could use a mini, with fuel and ammo it might get a little expensive, but you’re worth it... treat yourself.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

I still enjoy shooting, but prefer flinging lead at clay birds.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    You’d probably enjoy wild boar hunting out of a helicopter. You could use a mini, with fuel and ammo it might get a little expensive, but you’re worth it... treat yourself.

I don't have much of a bucket list but that one is on there. You are killing vermin that need to be killed, so no guilt, and you get to go all Rambo with a M60, Ma Deuce, etc. from a chopper. Yeah, that one is on the list.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Mostly sunflowers, but there were a few rows of corn on the edges of the sunflower plots. They did a good job bush hogging and then discing the ground to have strips of dirt through the sunflowers. Birds like dirt plus it makes them easier to find once you drop them.

I really enjoy dove breast, wrapped in bacon and thrown on the grill, with sweet white corn on the cob (silver queen).

Going to a private field Saturday, it’s loaded (assuming this front coming through doesn’t push them out) and there is going to be a designated number of shooters. Enough to keep the birds flying, but not too many to be on top of each other.

Dove hunts are about my favorite as far as hunting goes.

I went a couple of times with my dad and loved to watch Lady, his English setter. They had some sort of telepathic bond between them that was fascinating to watch. Love dove breast also.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    I went a couple of times with my dad and loved to watch Lady, his English setter. They had some sort of telepathic bond between them that was fascinating to watch. Love dove breast also.
    Used to quail hunt behind a dog, Charlie. They are fascinating to watch, and their energy. The dog would lope five miles to our one mile. We would walk past a pond, the dog would run around the entire pond, never stop running unless on point.

Tropical Storm warning here in Perdido. As George Costanza put it, the sea is angry -like an old man returning soup at a deli. We're watching but planning on staying. Good first couple days so far.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Tropical Storm warning here in Perdido. As George Costanza put it, the sea is angry -like an old man returning soup at a deli. We're watching but planning on staying. Good first couple days so far.
    I have always enjoyed storms at the beach...of course, as long as it's not a cat 4 coming at me. Love looking out at the gulf with the wind and rain bearing down...

Looks like you may get some rain, but will be fine. Enjoy!

Last Post Wins

Weather guy was guessing 3-5 storm surge in the Perdido area with 8-12 inches of rain, with 50-70 mph gusts... doable, but dicey.

BE, probably best to stay south, it might snow in Louisville this weekend.
    seeya
    dan

Weather guy was guessing 3-5 storm surge in the Perdido area with 8-12 inches of rain, with 50-70 mph gusts... doable, but dicey.

Little rough for fishing in your jon boat, but doable.

Last Post Wins

Little rough for fishing in your jon boat, but doable.
    Wouldn’t hurt to check how high that dune line is.

Last Post Wins

Headed right your direction. If it jigs even just a tad more East. And as it is, you'll still be getting the bad side anyway..Screenshot_20200914-221550.jpg

We saw it jog to the east and started looking at places we might go if they issued a hurricane warning. About 15 minutes later they posted the warning & we bugged out. We're going to spend a couple of days in Central FL and (hopefully) return on Thursday.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

The Keys look OK right now, and I just found out Sloppy Joe's is opening Friday. Now if I just had free time and a private plane....

Now if I just had free time and a private plane....
    Darrell didn't follow thru and get his license did he?
    seeya
    dan

Looks like it is going to be wet and very windy all the way to Atlanta thru late tomorrow .
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

Darrell didn't follow thru and get his license did he?
    I'm so far away from that, but I have the pilot training website on one of my computer tabs as we speak... I so want it.

Last Post Wins

We saw it jog to the east and started looking at places we might go if they issued a hurricane warning. About 15 minutes later they posted the warning & we bugged out. We're going to spend a couple of days in Central FL and (hopefully) return on Thursday.
    @EdPiotrowski: Perdido Key, FL (southwest of Pensacola, FL) took the brunt of the eastern eyewall of Hurricane #Sally. Significant damage done by wind, surge, and rainfall flooding. Video courtesy of Brandon Clement with Live Storms Media. #Flwx #ALwx #MSwx #SCwx #NCwx https://twitter.com/EdPiotrowski/sta...297152/video/1

Yes I'm glad we left when we did. Ended being a slow mover with a near direct hit. Sad for the folks there.

Yes I'm glad we left when we did. Ended being a slow mover with a near direct hit. Sad for the folks there.
    So you all the way home? It's time for you to start making it snow soon.

I hope someone rescued that dude before the bathtub got to rocking and rolling and washed him off that piling.
    seeya
    dan

I don't know how that guy got where he was, but I'm not sure it was a good idea. Then again, it probably seem like a good idea at the time.

So you all the way home? It's time for you to start making it snow soon.
    Well, not sure if it was just our blood thinned from the Florida heat/humidity, but we almost turned on the heat last night. Got down into the 40s.

Me and Jim Cantore--the harbingers of doom....

Last Post Wins

Ms boss turned on the heat this morning to knock the chill off.

"Grand Funk Railroad paved the way for Jefferson Airplane, clearing the way for Jefferson Starship. The stage was set for the Alan Parsons Project, which I believe was some sort of hovercraft." Homer Simpson.
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

"Grand Funk Railroad paved the way for Jefferson Airplane, clearing the way for Jefferson Starship. The stage was set for the Alan Parsons Project, which I believe was some sort of hovercraft." Homer Simpson.
    Brilliant

Is there any worse decline for a band than the transformation from Jefferson Airplane to Starship? "We Built This City" is the single worse rock song ever aired.