Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 106 of 150 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,180 of 4480

Thread: Last Post Wins

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Did I miss it above? which coil needs replacing? Evaporator or condenser coil?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't know. Are both part of the outside component?

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Great shooter-never misses in practice.

I'll show myself out now....
    Arggh.

Good thing it's getting cooler now (temporary fix only).

Last Post Wins

Felt like 106° inside. Screenshot_20200715-211207.jpg

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Don't know. Are both part of the outside component?
    Evaporator inside condenser outside

Plus do you have the model number in the unit....

Last edited by blueboss; 07-15-2020 at 09:14 PM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Last Post Wins

Condenser, it's outside.

Trane XR14 3.5 ton. Is that enough? My wife keeps all paperwork and if I need something else I can probably find it.

Re: Last Post Wins

That old it's probably both. The evaporator coils sync with the condenser unit and have to use the same gas, etc. The problem is they've updated all of that and often the newer model of one coil doesn't work with the other.

What I know about HVAC wouldn't fill a thimble, my GF knows a lot, but that's my understanding of the issues. So then you have to get an inside coil that still works with the furnace unit, and that may necessitate the total upgrade depending on age.

Like my outside unit just died, compressor motor, and it's 19 years old. Cost of getting parts for it given that the rest of unit is near end of life makes little sense, so we'll replace it.

Well, 19 years ago the refrigerant was R22, which is now phased out. So to get a new outside condenser unit it will need coils compatible with the new gas, I assume R410A (had to look that one up), and then they have to fit in the furnace unit.

My inside unit is new enough they found newer coils for the new outside unit that I don't have to replace the whole thing. that's how mine is playing out.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

Condenser, it's outside.

Trane XR14 3.5 ton. Is that enough? My wife keeps all paperwork and if I need something else I can probably find it.
    Should be, sometimes they want a serial number, which is has a MFG date in it... you say it’s 14 years old?

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Yup. 2006 purchase.

As much as I squeeze a dime--and you guys know that's the case--I'm not irritated if I have to buy a new unit. Some things you just need to buy. Then again, if everything else on it is fine, I'd rather fix what ails it. It has kept the house cool and warm for 14 years in pretty tough conditions sometimes. Worlds better than what it replaced (which was moderatedly better than what IT replaced).

Tomorrow should be an interesting day.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    That old it's probably both. The evaporator coils sync with the condenser unit and have to use the same gas, etc. The problem is they've updated all of that and often the newer model of one coil doesn't work with the other.

What I know about HVAC wouldn't fill a thimble, my GF knows a lot, but that's my understanding of the issues. So then you have to get an inside coil that still works with the furnace unit, and that may necessitate the total upgrade depending on age.

Like my outside unit just died, compressor motor, and it's 19 years old. Cost of getting parts for it given that the rest of unit is near end of life makes little sense, so we'll replace it.

Well, 19 years ago the refrigerant was R22, which is now phased out. So to get a new outside condenser unit it will need coils compatible with the new gas, I assume R410A (had to look that one up), and then they have to fit in the furnace unit.

My inside unit is new enough they found newer coils for the new outside unit that I don't have to replace the whole thing. that's how mine is playing out.
    That actually makes a lot of sense. Your GF must be having a positive impact with you.

That actually makes a lot of sense. Your GF must be having a positive impact with you.
    She's got a long road to hoe, and there's always a chance she'll recover from the concussion and dump me.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Darrell, is the heating and cooling unit all in the same metal box sitting outside on a concrete pad? Sometimes, especially with old old units you will find the evaporator coil in the attic in what they call the A coil.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Last Post Wins

No, just the AC thing outside. Heat thing, exchange thing inside the garage.

Forgive the technical language.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    She's got a long road to hoe, and there's always a chance she'll recover from the concussion and dump me.
    I wish her a speedy recovery before too much exposure to you occurs.

Last Post Wins

No, just the AC thing outside. Heat thing, exchange thing inside the garage.

Forgive the technical language.
    Trying to validate price and availability if you could get me the actual model number and serial number I’ll see what my guy can do.

I wish your guy was here. Everybody needs a guy like that.

I'm sure my wife has access to that, but she's temporarily out of town. She should've left last weekend when the heat started; it's cool in the house today (a temporary fix only) lol.

In related news, my daughter, an aspiring performer/actress, is acting today in Tennessee. It's a small part, but a professional role. She looks young for her age, which is helpful as a 21-year old playing a high school teenager. Anyway, daughter and wife are both out of town for that gig.

Last Post Wins

I wish your guy was here. Everybody needs a guy like that.

I'm sure my wife has access to that, but she's temporarily out of town. She should've left last weekend when the heat started; it's cool in the house today (a temporary fix only) lol.

In related news, my daughter, an aspiring performer/actress, is acting today in Tennessee. It's a small part, but a professional role. She looks young for her age, which is helpful as a 21-year old playing a high school teenager. Anyway, daughter and wife are both out of town for that gig.
    Is she playing a role as a young teenage girl who comes from meager beginnings and lived in a house with no AC??? If so she’ll nail it...

Please counsel her on the evils of actors and actresses becoming vocal in their political beliefs thinking that we actually care what they think because they’re entertainers.

Thanks in advance...

In regards to AC option B would be to look around for a metal tag/small plate that has that information stamped on it.

I figured I could at least see if you’re getting a good deal, and if it was worth it have them drop ship at your address and then just pay your guy installation.

Adam Savage and a friend show us how to build a miniature refrigeration unit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_Ti4GP0ntE
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

Replacement quotes just arrived. Screenshot_20200716-171421.jpg

That is more than I imagined it would be.
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

Me too, Dan. It's not a big house or an extreme unit, just a middle of the road thing. I was expecting maybe $7-8.

Last Post Wins

Might want to get me that serial and model number. I just checked mine and there’s a sticker on lower back right with all the info. The model number should be 5-6 numbers serial number a bit longer.

Last edited by blueboss; 07-16-2020 at 06:34 PM.

Do those prices include the Vaseline?

Are they replacing the whole system, inside and out or just the coils inside?

Last Post Wins

Well, I was given those choices for new systems.

I also asked what it would cost to replace the entire outside unit , and if I would get an additional warranty with that. That was going to be 5100, with a five-year Parts, one year labor warranty.

Replacing the original problem - the coil in the outside unit - was going to be $2400 yesterday. Today they saw fit to reduce that to $1062 after talking to Trane. Only a 90 day warranty on that, though.

Three guesses which option I elected and two guesses don't count. I will guarantee you I'm going to get screwed on them ordering the part, though. I told them as soon as they quoted it that I wanted him to do it, but it was after 5 and no way they're going to order the part until tomorrow. Which means that I won't get the part he has until next week. Which means that I may need to go find a house to rent for another week or something.

Last Post Wins

All this AC talk got me thinking it’s time for a PM on our AC...scheduled for Saturday.

Wasn't going to mention it, but I spent Sunday afternoon doing a cleaning of my outside unit.
    It will be easy, they said.
    It will be fun, they said.
    It will be quick, they said.

They lied.

And afterwards I looked as if I had been out rolling with the hogs.

But the unit was absolutely filthy and the cleaning has improved the function of the unit. It went from we were going to have to call the AC company out to check the refrigerant charge to it performs like it did when it was new.
    My heart goes out to Mr. C.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Wasn't going to mention it, but I spent Sunday afternoon doing a cleaning of my outside unit.
    It will be easy, they said.
    It will be fun, they said.
    It will be quick, they said.

They lied.

And afterwards I looked as if I had been out rolling with the hogs.

But the unit was absolutely filthy and the cleaning has improved the function of the unit. It went from we were going to have to call the AC company out to check the refrigerant charge to it performs like it did when it was new.
    My heart goes out to Mr. C.
    It’s well worth the $65 to have “the guy” come over and do it.

Oh, they wouldn't have touched it for $65...not if they had any sense...
    Only cost me $13.95 for chemicals. $130.00 on the waterbill (shower & laundry included), but at least I will have saved $6.37 on this months LG&E bill. And I got the satisfaction of 'doing it myself".

Oh, did I mention I got chiggers as well?
    A nice, peaceful, restful Sunday after church...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

lol Pappy.

Bless your heart. That's what everybody told me when I upgraded my Palm Pilot. I think I spent like $200 to upgrade a $49 device.

Update on the HVAC--still hot, but HVAC company doing what they should. They say because of the pandemic, it's harder to get parts promptly. So they are going to install a temporary condenser unit while waiting on Trane to deliver the parts.

Mr. Cartwright, I wanted to let you know that we are coming out after 12:00 today. Because of the location of the leak and parts availability (due to pandemic) we are going to remove the Trane and install a temporary condenser. This will not only provide you cooling while waiting on parts, it will also allow us to disassemble it with adequate space and properly repair the unit.

That's why I've been with them for 30 years.

Update on the HVAC--still hot, but HVAC company doing what they should. They say because of the pandemic, it's harder to get parts promptly. So they are going to install a temporary condenser unit while waiting on Trane to deliver the parts.

Mr. Cartwright, I wanted to let you know that we are coming out after 12:00 today. Because of the location of the leak and parts availability (due to pandemic) we are going to remove the Trane and install a temporary condenser. This will not only provide you cooling while waiting on parts, it will also allow us to disassemble it with adequate space and properly repair the unit.

That's why I've been with them for 30 years.
    That is much more like it on the customer service side...