Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 105 of 150 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,150 of 4480

Thread: Last Post Wins

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Oh, no.
    They can't get expedited shipping on the part?
    I told them they needed to get their Trane rep to hand deliver it if needed, but overnight delivery was a must. They agreed.

Re: Last Post Wins

That is more like it...not what you wanted but the options he originally gave were NOT acceptable.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I told them they needed to get their Trane rep to hand deliver it if needed, but overnight delivery was a must. They agreed.
    Good for you, Mr. C., too many times we allow folks to give us less than stellar customer service because we do not want to rock the boat...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Last Post Wins

88°

Did he invite you and yours over to his house to spend the night on his couch?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

My message board hearing is going bad, or at least it must be. Did you say $900.00? I would love to see a picture of it. Try to catch it when it is sitting at a spinning wheel when it is spinning wool into gold.
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

88°
    Damn! I’ve got a guy that works for a large HVAC company here locally. I used to use them exclusively at my job for industrial repairs. So, as sort of a perk or however that works, I would pay them cash off of the clock after hours to handle my stuff at home.

Check your texts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Last Post Wins

Really wish your guy was here, Blueboss. Could've used him.

Have a new window AC unit in the den. It is too small for it, but I hope it just helps mitigate. Two other window fans going. Just too hot for this nonsense.

Last Post Wins

My guy has saved me twice in the summer and twice in the winter over the last 15-20 years. HVAV never goes on the fritz on beautiful spring morning or autumn afternoon. Both of the heating issues that I recall were both on Saturdays in Jan/Feb. AC issues in mid summer July/August but IIRC both were week days.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Oh, I'm going to complain because a) it's hot, and b) it's been hot for longer than it should. But other than an issue about 15 years ago where they sold us a crappy system, knew they sold us a crappy system, and then was in the process of replacing it, this company has been very good to us. It sounds like they're a little more expensive for repairs and such, but maybe not; you just never know. And when I talked to their manager about 15 years ago, he upgraded everything for me with a very nice system, cut the price in half, threw in stuff like UV systems and new ductwork, and made it right, like a company should.

They called about 10 this morning and the part was in, and they were taking the technician that was out yesterday off his route and reassigning others so he could go pick it up, and install it. It's apparently a 2-3 hour job. He's been here since 11:30 a.m. our time, which is 2 hours, and still working. He told me yesterday it's a bear to get on (after apologizing ten gazillion times, despite me telling him that I understood, wasn't blaming him for a defective part, stuff happens, etc. Of course, I was also advising that a delay of 3 more days was not an acceptable solution. I didn't want apologies, I wanted it fixed.)

It was 87 degrees in the house at 1. I don't know if I'm imagining things, but it is feeling cooler. I hope that's a good sign.

@#$%@$

@#$%@$

What is the matter?

Ongoing saga.

So....apparently there's "another" problem, and it wasn't cooling. They "felt bad" about it and didn't charge for the repair they made today (which was supposed to be $890). Instead, it's a $2400 coil.

I talked with the technician and questioned on how they missed the diagnosis. He had no good answer. Their service manager came out and first, recharged the unit at no cost. He told me the guy "felt bad" and when I pressed on why and how he missed the diagnosis on Saturday, he said he "went with what he knew."

The problem is, he didn't consider the history. On June 2, they checked all levels of the unit, and it was apparently fine (per my wife; I wasn't here). A month later, it's out and they recharge it. Three weeks later, and we pay them to find a leak, and they give us the expansion valve as the problem. That's just poor.

Look--I get it. It's a 14-year old unit. It MIGHT need replacing. I'd rather not, but you know...anyway, I don't hold that against the company. It's not like it went out in 3 years. I do hold them responsible for the missed diagnosis and continued discomfort of my family.

So cooling down (literally and figuratively) I told them I don't want to leave. But I need them to make it right. Then again, they have waived a $890 fee and a fee for recharging today as well, so I guess they're doing something.

Now that I have time to cool down, I have asked them to do three things:

1-quote me the price to repair, with best estimate on when it will be fixed...hopefully before it goes out again. There is a major Birmingham Trane warehouse here, but they do not have the coil either, and it has to come from the factory.

2-quote me a price to replace the unit with something at least as good or upgrade. Again, taking into account the issues and 30-year history.

3-same as 2, but they have a new subscription model. I don't think I'd be interested, but it's a monthly fee for a set period, like 10 years. You get a new system, and no other costs for maintenance, filters, upkeep, or repairs during that time period. You basically know what you'll spend for 10 years no matter what.

I think # 3 will be a terrible deal, but it does have some attraction.

Oh. My. Goodness.
    You poor,poor folks.

No room on his couch?

Do you remember if the compressor has been replaced or not?
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    No room on his couch?

Do you remember if the compressor has been replaced or not?
    Nothing has been repaired or replaced on this unit since purchase 14 years ago.

I was wondering if we replaced the whole outside part if that would be a smart move.

Is it a heating unit as well?
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

Is it a heating unit as well?
    It is.

Gas or electric heat?
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

Gas heat.

As long as the firebox and heat exchange are in good shape on the heat side and the compressor tests out good and the cost of the new coil and installation charge is not outrageous

I would strongly look at repairing the existing unit if I can get it repaired in short order for 1,600.00 or less. A new Trane unit should run about 4,000 to 5,000 installed depending on the size of the unit.
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 07-15-2020 at 07:37 PM.
    seeya
    dan

I'll be curious the cost difference in just fixing the AC versus replacing the main unit as well at the same time.

I"m in the same boat, old AC went out, it's on the old gas even (19 years old), but furnace is only about 8 years old. For that they found the coils to match and I'm good, but at 14 that may be more on the line.

My little window unit has kept me from being on here mad as hades, otherwise I'd bring the torch and you could bring the pitchfork and we'd go march on some HVAC companies.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

They'll charge more than than that, I suspect. I could be wrong. Was more than that 14 years ago, though.

Before I started talking to the manager, they said the outside coil would be $2400 to replace.

As long as the firebox and heat exchange are in good shape on the heat side and the compressor tests out good and the cost of the new coil and installation charge is not outrageous

I would strongly look at repairing the existing unit if I can get it repaired in short order for 1,600.00 or less. A new Trane unit should run about 4,000 to 5,000 installed depending on the size of the unit.

I'm curious what the breakdown will be. 14 seems OK to just replace the coils, but depends on the unit I would guess as to what features are on it, etc.

LIke I said with mine they found the coils to work, and the unit is 8 or 9 years old, so I'll go that route, and I imagine even at 14 it's smarter to just fix the AC system, but I'll be curious.

I have had some commercial ones where it made more sense to just replace the whole thing.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

Well, when they tell me that the unit is in great shape, as they did on June 2nd, and again yesterday, it makes me think that it's probably a good idea to have the repair done. I know that I am the worst to determine this, but just by looking it looks almost brand-new outside and inside. It is maintained twice a year, and continually just received good reports.

I know that could be meaningless. It's just a basic residential system , and they're not made to last forever. I get that. But I also get that I have a 10 year warranty on the air conditioner and I have a 20-year warranty on the heating , and they don't just give those away for nothing. They can't plan it this well that it just goes to pot immediately after the 10 years expires. At least that's my opinion.

Last Post Wins

So now we know of three things that will stop a Trane... Hows everybody feel about Carrier?

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    So now we know of three things that will stop a Trane... Hows everybody feel about Carrier?

Josh?

Great shooter-never misses in practice.

I'll show myself out now....
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Last Post Wins

Josh?
    He’s probably a service Tech for Trane, never misses trouble shooting AC units.

Last Post Wins

Did I miss it above? which coil needs replacing? Evaporator or condenser coil?