Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 102 of 150 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,060 of 4480

Thread: Last Post Wins

Re: Last Post Wins

Getting a lot of Amy McGrath commercials on Pandora. Thinking about paying for Pandora Premium through Election Day just to avoid them.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

About time for the ads to heat up good. Once again I think "none of the above" is the real favorite. In every race.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

The good thing about recording stuff on TV and watching it later is you don't have to watch the stupid political ads. Except live TV (sports). Mike Bloomberg was really pissing me off advertising during basketball games before Covid happened.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

I have Hulu Live but I'm going to replace it with Sling b/c they won't let me forward through commercials on the DVR of sports events. heck the whole point of it is to forward through commercials, esp. if I get in late and want to catch up to live action, etc.

For some reason I'm being hit by Biden ads on youtube. Was trump but not very many, now I geuss whatever I'm watching fits their demographic targeting. Like I said, if "none of the above" comes on I won't hit "Skip Ads" as fast.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

^I'm getting McGrath ads, you're getting Biden ads. They definitely need to tweak their algorithms.

Ever have one of those days when you feel like it ought to be about 5 pm, and it's like, 11 pm, and you haven't accomplished that much?

Today.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Ever have one of those days when you feel like it ought to be about 5 pm, and it's like, 11 pm, and you haven't accomplished that much?

Today.
    Only days with a Y in it. lol.

I feel like I'm the most inefficient office worker in history. I start every day with a list in my head, I rarely check off a single item completely in that day.

Day 2...in a funk. My phone is "bleeding" and so I have to get it replaced or fixed, and it doesn't take much to get me off my game, apparently.

Last Post Wins

For the first day in the last five my abscessed tooth hasn’t gotten worse.

It all started innocently enough with a slight tooth ache last Wednesday. I called dentist immediately and he called in an antibiotic. Friday morning dentist called to see how it was going, at the time I thought it would be ok. Naturally over the weekend it worsened, luckily I had some left over pain meds laying around in the back of the medicine cabinet from a previous pain event. After a very long weekend with not much sleep, on Monday morning I started looking at train schedules to go stand on the tracks to stop the pain.

Since no trains were headed my way I called dentist and went in for examination. At that point he scheduled a root canal, same thing as getting hit by a train except the survival rate is higher. After procedure dentist wrote prescription for pain meds and a new antibiotic telling me there could be some swelling and “discomfort” for a few days.

Tuesday pain and swelling escalated, called dentist, he told me to double up on antibiotics and pain meds and ride it out.

Yesterday I woke up and looked like elephant man... and by “woke up” I mean after being up all night in severe pain I finally fell asleep (passed out)around 5:30 am and woke up still in severe pain about 8:00am. At this point the swelling had me looking like elephant man. I called dentist and he told me to come in at noon twenty, after examination he changed antibiotics to two different meds to be taken simultaneously and sent me on my way. On the way home I went under a railroad overpass with a train traveling across it. By the time it would have taken me to stop and scramble up the side of the overpass the train would have already passed, so I scrapped that idea. Plus I had hope with prescriptions for the new antibiotics.

By last night the pain had subsided enough to start skipping pain meds. Swelling is still there but pain is continuing to subside, and for the first time in five days I’ve stopped listening for the far off, distant sound of a train whistle.

...next on recovery agenda is detoxing from 7 days of eating pain meds like skittles at a Seahawks game....I have also attached a photo of the elephant man, just in case no one gets the elephant man reference in regards to swelling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blueboss; 06-18-2020 at 02:52 PM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Dude, you need a new dentist. Seriously.

My dentist, that is also my mother's dentist, is good, but they were busy and she got an abscess from other work. It was killing her and she has a high pain tolerance. She also wasn't insistent enough. Same thing as you they just prescribed antibiotics rather than going in and getting the infection treated at the source.

I called and said "she's going to get in and you're going to treat this". It was bad but they drained it and applied antibiotics right at the infection.

My dentist is good, but I have had the need a couple of times to say to the scheduling staff "you aren't listening. This isn't a routine thing, we need to deal with this immediately and decisively." I start that nice, it gets worse thereafter.

Last Post Wins

Dentist has been good over the years, I may have some culpability in this one too. Had I went in to see him last week when it all started he may have gone at it differently.

When he did the root canal he was surprised that none of the infection came out.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Man, I'm sorry, Blueboss. That's rough.

I've had two root canals done. One was...an experience. The other, nothing at all. Like, in and out, a few minutes, no pain, no swelling, no nothing (last year). But even my "experience" one years earlier was nothing like you described.

For my money, there is nothing worse than tooth pain. It's at the top of the charts.

Hope you feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Dentist has been good over the years, I may have some culpability in this one too. Had I went in to see him last week when it all started he may have gone at it differently.

When he did the root canal he was surprised that none of the infection came out.

You and my mom may have a common relative somewhere.

She had gone in for a procedure and instead of then calling the dentist when things went south she went a week on aspirin until I finally put my foot down. So no doubt some was on her for not communicating quick enough and also not communicating the extent of the problem.

So get a new you, and a new dentist. (vague Logan's run reference in there sorta)

For my money, there is nothing worse than tooth pain. It's at the top of the charts.

Hope you feel better.
    Kidney stones may be able to compete with it.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Kidney stones may be able to compete with it.
    Don't even go there...haven't had those, but even the thought of it makes me weak.

Our view of the Key West sunset this weekend...
    457870-F7-DD3-F-43-D2-BBB1-9-FDCD2-C84781.jpg

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    Beats the hell out of a tooth ache.

Don't even go there...haven't had those, but even the thought of it makes me weak.
    Had gallstones in 97--doctor misdiagnosed as gastric reflux so I suffered with it for several months until another doctor properly diagnosed them in about 2 minutes. By that point all I could keep down was fat free muffins and water. Anything else (especially anything with fat or cholesterol) lit me up like a Christmas tree. I hope I never find out how bad kidney stones are, but gallstones have to be right up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    How open is Key west? I've been checking in on the webcams, still looks pretty closed.

That looks like the little crop of "beach" just south of the Hyatt, north of Mallory square where Simonton ends. That should be Sunset Key in the distance. Am I close?

I can't get away but was thinking about it anyway, but looked pretty closed so I hadn't put it high on the list.

Hog's breath is open now. Sloppy Joes still closed. Curious to get a report, it's been a long break from Paradise for me.

If this s*** would blow over I'd love to go down over the holidays, but not holding my breath.

End of Simonton. The Keys reopened June 1, but it was far from full and a lot of the businesses that take the summer off never re-opened since the closures. Monroe County has enacted masks in public by everyone unless you are eating dinner.
    We did that there, but sat outside every time except once at Goldman’s Deli on Sunday morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    How open is Key west? I've been checking in on the webcams, still looks pretty closed.

That looks like the little crop of "beach" just south of the Hyatt, north of Mallory square where Simonton ends. That should be Sunset Key in the distance. Am I close?

I can't get away but was thinking about it anyway, but looked pretty closed so I hadn't put it high on the list.

and since we live in Naples now, it’s a 4 hr ride to Key West. Like driving to Gatlinburg when we lived in Louisville.

Hope they're doing OK there. I knew right where you were standing, which is probably a sad statement, lol.

Is the ferry open? I'm assuming that's how you went.

thanks for the pic.

Last Post Wins

Good weekend.

Read Station Eleven (did somebody here recommend that to me?), re-read The Last Juror (guilty pleasure Grisham book), ran 8 miles, and enjoyed a lot of family time.

And got my phone fixed. Decided to mostly treat the weekend as if I had not received it back, and frankly, I enjoyed the break. Driving without a phone takes some getting used to, but didn't we always used to do that?

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Some light reading: Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mendel. It tells the story of a world where 99.9% of humanity is killed by a virus called the Georgia Flu. The main characters are in the Great Lakes region.

OK, maybe read it after we're finished with the Coronavirus. But I read it a few years ago and it was really good.
    Read it yesterday. I'll admit, I wasn't sure I was going to finish it but decided I'd read half of it and see. By then the relationships had begun to take hold and character development was well under way and the second half of the book was very enjoyable.

Also liked that they didn’t dwell on the pandemic part of it. I have enough of that daily.

Driving without a phone takes some getting used to, but didn't we always used to do that?
    I remember well the day the company I worked for forced me and I do mean forced me to install a bag phone in my truck. We had 2 way radios in our vehicles but that was not enough aggravation so we all got phones.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Read it yesterday. I'll admit, I wasn't sure I was going to finish it but decided I'd read half of it and see. By then the relationships had begun to take hold and character development was well under way and the second half of the book was very enjoyable.

Also liked that they didn’t dwell on the pandemic part of it. I have enough of that daily.
    Glad you liked it. I need to read more but I haven't finished a book in forever. I've been playing a lot of games (Golf Clash, Poker and Spades) on my iPhone, which is terrible for my attention span. One of those things where I enjoy reading, I just need to discipline myself.

Same with me. What a joy to read. Read when I was in bed before gettiing out of bed, and all day. When I had to wait on my phone, I went back to my car (it was a little stuffy, but I was in a parking garage in the shade), rolled the window down and read. Read during lunch, read after lunch. After dinner reading. Don't always have that much time available to read, but really was fun reading when I sat my phone down.

At one time, didn't we have a book recommendations thread? I'd like to do that again.

Here's the Quarantine Book Thread:

http://www.kysportsreport.com/forums...recommendation

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Ahh, thanks.