Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 135 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,050 of 4478

Thread: Last Post Wins

Re: Last Post Wins

sti·fling
    /ˈstīf(ə)liNG/
    adjective
    (of heat, air, or a room) very hot and causing difficulties in breathing; suffocating.
    "stifling heat"

I keep trying to get what I need done before noon so I can do my little run, but it seems a late lunch just works a lot better. I tried two days in a row to get out at 4, but it's 5:30 before I know it. So I end up "running" at 1:30-2 or so. That. Ain't. Ideal. When. Heat. Index. Is. 109.

Recovering from a non-Covid upper respiratory infection from last week--good excuse to stay inside and stay cool.

When I was a teenage idiot (redundant, I know), I did stupid things like wait to go work out or do yard work until the hottest part of the day, thinking it would make me tougher. But that was also back in the day when coaches would withhold water during practice and throw salt tablets at you.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Recovering from a non-Covid upper respiratory infection from last week--good excuse to stay inside and stay cool.

When I was a teenage idiot (redundant, I know), I did stupid things like wait to go work out or do yard work until the hottest part of the day, thinking it would make me tougher. But that was also back in the day when coaches would withhold water during practice and throw salt tablets at you.
    I still "kinda" do that, but for a different reason. It's my subtle way of sending a message to my son that he can do the same. When he returns to school, they'll begin with 3x a day practice, then 2x a day, and then every day they will practice at 1:30 p.m. in the Jackson, MS heat and humidity of August and September, and about a quarter of the games they play will also be afternoon matches. Being acclimated to that is pretty important.

Having said that -- I intentionally choose routes with as much shade as possible, and depending on the day, choose a route that takes me back to my car midway in the distance I'll be running that day so I can sit and drink some water in a small ice chest I keep there if I choose to do so. I don't usually do that, because I don't like to interrupt it and want to get it over with as soon as possible, but it's available.

“Only” 90° today and the low to mid-80’s this weekend before we climb to 100 by Tuesday and Wednesday:/

Last Post Wins

How about lows in the lower 60’s tonight, and upper 50’s tomorrow night…setting up a 40 degree temperature change in less than 24 hours… gotta love the Ohio River Vally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Last Post Wins

Publix coming to Louisville, Kroger will need to step up their game.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

The one they’re going to build on Brownsboro Rd. Won’t be too far from me but from my experience they and Kroger are pretty much interchangeable.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post

I think of Publix as the "vacation grocery store." When we would rent a place in Florida, we'd usually go to Publix because there's one on every corner and (more importantly) Mrs. BEvans loves it. She says the interior is immaculate (it usually is).
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 06-23-2022 at 07:39 AM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Last Post Wins

I think of Publix as the "vacation grocery store." When we would rent a place in Florida, we'd usually go to Publix because there's one on every corner and (more importantly) Mrs. BEvans loves it. She says the interior is immaculate (it usually is).
    Same here… they have a really good key lime pie in their bakery/deli area. The other options were Winn Dixie, and Piggly Wiggly

Just announced today they are putting one in Lexington as well.

I have no issues with Kroger per se, but competition is a great thing.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

https://www.wdrb.com/news/business/p...dd0d0a909.html

The Publix Kentucky scoop…

Just dropped off my wife at the airport. Or I should say, just got back from dropping my wife off at the airport. She found a "deal," so it was from the Atlanta airport.

So...3 hours there, 3 hours back, 6 hours out of my day, probably 8 gallons of gas...all this for a savings on a ONE-WAY ticket for ONE person. I mean, I could understand it if it were an expensive round-trip and 2 to 4 of us were traveling by plane.

(It's not really as bad as it sounds. She flew direct to a small airport in upstate NY very close to my daughter. There are benefits to the flight beyond the cost savings, but I felt like a mini-rant anyway.)

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Just dropped off my wife at the airport. Or I should say, just got back from dropping my wife off at the airport. She found a "deal," so it was from the Atlanta airport.

So...3 hours there, 3 hours back, 6 hours out of my day, probably 8 gallons of gas...all this for a savings on a ONE-WAY ticket for ONE person. I mean, I could understand it if it were an expensive round-trip and 2 to 4 of us were traveling by plane.

(It's not really as bad as it sounds. She flew direct to a small airport in upstate NY very close to my daughter. There are benefits to the flight beyond the cost savings, but I felt like a mini-rant anyway.)
    I hate leaving from home and driving 5 or 6 hours to only end up back at home.

I don’t mind driving 9 or 10 hours from home to end up somewhere else, or I don’t mind driving from somewhere else for 9 or 10 hours to end up at home.

There is only two good reasons to drive to Harsfeild, a huge cash savings, or my wife asked/told me to.

Last edited by blueboss; 06-24-2022 at 06:40 AM.

I hate leaving from home and driving 5 or 6 hours to only end up back at home.

I don’t mind driving 9 or 10 hours from home to end up somewhere else, or I don’t mind driving from somewhere else for 9 or 10 hours to end up at home.

There is only two good reasons to drive to Harsfeild, a huge cash savings, or my wife asked/told me to.

I think you're right. Yesterday's trip was "only" 300 miles, maybe even a little less but it wore me out. I don't think the 1000+ miles I'll be driving next week will wear me out in the same way (over two days, rather than 1.)

https://www.wdrb.com/news/business/p...dd0d0a909.html

The Publix Kentucky scoop…

It might just be because of where they are but I’ve always felt that Publix is more expensive. Better fresh food though, like if you just want to grab some fried chicken.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Last Post Wins

Isolated showers…I sure hope we’re in the isolated area.

Hasn't rained here in Kentuckiana for a couple of weeks now, aside from about a 20 minute shower last week.

Looks like just in time for the 4th holiday we're supposed to get a dose of popup afternoon thundershowers. We'll see. At this point I think I'll take it, even on the holiday.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

I ended up getting in on the isolated rain last Sunday, we had a pretty good soaker. Looking forward to possibility of a decent line moving through Saturday.

Grammar nerd vent: I've read at least 4 documents today saying something like "Mr. Snuffy is a person that is ...." Then I was just on FB and saw someone do the same thing there.

I was always taught to use that only if you're referring to a thing.

Not a big deal in the big scheme of things, but after seeing it all day, it's annoying. So I'm annoying you with it now.

I guess life's OK if that's my biggest complaint right now.

Last Post Wins

Grammar nerd vent: I've read at least 4 documents today saying something like "Mr. Snuffy is a person that is ...." Then I was just on FB and saw someone do the same thing there.

I was always taught to use that only if you're referring to a thing.

Not a big deal in the big scheme of things, but after seeing it all day, it's annoying. So I'm annoying you with it now.

I guess life's OK if that's my biggest complaint right now.
    Who, or whom?

Last Post Wins

What if Mr. Snuffy is, like, inanimate though?

Last Post Wins

Just got done cutting grass, it’s brutal out there today.

Take care, boss. A little at a time...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

76 degrees when I fired up the mower yesterday and 92 degrees when the trimming was done. I actually enjoy yard work, but not when I am trying to enjoy a sauna.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

No wonder our birds don’t get enough suet

Attachment 10314

^We put out a suet feeder and it was nothing but squirrels and starlings all day long. We finally had to take it down and return to the regular songbird feed. The squirrels like that stuff too, but we got a squirrel-proof feeder and that deterred them.

Haven’t seen any squirrels on it, but red-bellied woodpeckers, finches, blue jays, and a bunch of birds seem to like it.

We started bringing it in at night to avoid this situation, but now they’re striking mid-day.

We got one of those squirrel proof like umbrellas for our feeders.
    When I go out in the back yard it sounds as if he is going to break the neighbor's privacy fence down as he is lumbering away, and before too long I will have to take him to the vet to have him put on Crestor...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.