Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 108 of 150 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,240 of 4478

Thread: Last Post Wins

Re: Last Post Wins

I didn’t know that. I would have guessed he was much older.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Yes--your prize is you get to keep breathing.
    Or not.

Wilford Brimley dies at age 85.

https://amp-tmz-com.cdn.ampproject.o...rom%20%251%24s

I saw that; had no idea he was still alive. And we were just talking about him.

Last Post Wins

Did we have a “Darrell AC thread” or is it buried in here some where?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Did we have a “Darrell AC thread” or is it buried in here some where?

The saga begins on this page
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    You guys should read it. It is a rare situation where I had a good result. Usually mine are all catastrophes.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    You guys should read it. It is a rare situation where I had a good result. Usually mine are all catastrophes.
    My BIL is going through the same thing today....I just wanted to compare the finales.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

...and the humidity is gone in Kentucky (at least my little part of it). Crisp and about 60--a blessing in August.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

...and the humidity is gone in Kentucky (at least my little part of it). Crisp and about 60--a blessing in August.
    Well at least you didn't outright wish for snow this time.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

It was kind of a let down. The catastrophies are a better read.

Also not as uplifting. it's a "my life is bad but at least I don't have Darrell's Palm Pilot / Girl's basketball team / Walmart / Water company" kind of thing.

Maybe I have taken over the catastrophe part on this one for you, which it is my turn. While installing the $6K or so upstairs air system my downstairs unit went out to the tune of $4,600.00. So over $10K in HVAC in a month. That's a lot of plasma, and I'm getting light headed even with the free cookies.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

If I only had the power to control the weather that certain people think I have (:cough:Citizen:cough: ), this would be what we'd have:

December 26-August 25: Spring
    August 25-Labor Day: Summer
    Day after Labor Day-Thanksgiving: Fall
    Day after Thanksgiving-December 25: Winter

Now if I can just get the Miser Brothers to help me out...
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

I'll sign that petition.

It sounds silly, but watching a hummingbird fight around the feeder is kind of fun. They dive bomb each other at about 109 miles per hour and besides hearing their wings, we can also hear them chirping/singing at each other, which I had never hear before. I also think they collided a couple of times, but they just kept on their games

For a while, one would come to get a drink, but the other (With a really bright red neck, surprise, surprise LOL) was sitting on top of the hook holding the feeder and would immediately chase the drinker away.

Soon, a third one came by and so one of the others could occasionally get a sip while the other two chased each other.

When they buzz within a couple of feet of you, the buzzing certainly grabs your attention.

I like hummingbirds. Fun to watch them hovering. Mrs. BEvans has a particular type of yellow plant they like to visit.

We bought a non-hummingbird bird feeder back in April and have enjoyed seeing the different types of birds that come by. We use a feed for songbirds they sell at Costco. Most prevalent have been Cardinals (early in the day and late), House Finches, Gold Finches, Chickadees, Carolina Wrens and Mourning Doves. It'll be interesting to see what comes to visit in winter.

Last Post Wins

In the middle of a nice stretch of weather. Mid August in the Ohio River Valley, highs in the low 80’s, lows in the high 50’s no humidity...

Pulled the trigger on a vacation. We kicked it around for quite awhile and decided going to Perdido Key (west of Pensacola) was about the safest type of vacation we could take. Going in mid-September when crowds should be low, distancing on the beach, not eating out unless we can get someplace that has outdoor seating and distanced tables.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 08-26-2020 at 08:31 AM.

Enjoy. Nothing in life in risk-free, but in my view, you have more risk driving to the beach than anything else you described.

Good start to the VacAy. Dodged two swirling bullets so far.
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 08-26-2020 at 10:21 AM.
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

Pulled the trigger on a vacation. We kicked it around for quite awhile and decided going to Perdido Key (west of Pensacola) was about the safest type of vacation we could take. Going in mid-September when crowds should be low, distancing on the beach, not eating out unless we can get someplace that has outdoor seating and distanced tables.
    Love Perdido, one of my favorite spots. We usually stay ocean side at SeaSpray...

Having said that, last year we rented a condo at ShipWatch

Last edited by blueboss; 08-26-2020 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Love Perdido, one of my favorite spots. We usually stay ocean side at SeaSpray...

Having said that, last year we rented a condo at ShipWatch

We've stayed at Sea Spray and like it. Never stayed at ShipWatch. We're staying at Sandy Key, which is up the road from Sea Spray about 5 minutes, close to Johnson Beach. We liked it when we stayed there last year and got the same unit this year.

Last Post Wins

We've stayed at Sea Spray and like it. Never stayed at ShipWatch. We're staying at Sandy Key, which is up the road from Sea Spray about 5 minutes, close to Johnson Beach. We liked it when we stayed there last year and got the same unit this year.
    If you were ever at SeaSpray during the month of May, I’m the guy at the west end of the east building (edge of the property) surf fishing...

Met a lot of nice people at SeaSpray from all over the S East, some from Texas. Me and the Mrs. traditionally go to Fisherman’s Corner for dinner as soon as we arrive.

Oh, man--Fisherman's Corner. Our traditional 1st meal when we arrive, too. Gumbo, oyster po boy and a beer. Hope the deck's open when we get there.

I'd love to learn how to surf fish. We see people out fishing in the morning when we're getting in a pre-breakfast walk and it looks like fun.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 08-28-2020 at 11:43 AM.

Last Post Wins

Oh, man--Fisherman's Corner. Our traditional 1st meal when we arrive, too. Gumbo, oyster po boy and a beer. Hope the deck's open when we get there.

I'd love to learn how to surf fish. We see people out fishing in the morning when we're getting in a pre-breakfast walk and it looks like fun.
    I usually get the bisque, blackened shrimp po boy, and a ceasar’s salad... unless they have one of their mac daddy seafood chef specials...

The beauty of surf fishing is the ease. Pop in Grays Tackle, get the gear, a rod holder, dbl hook pompano rig, various weights 1-2-3-4 oz depending on how rough it is. I usually use 10-15 LB line.

Bait is important, sand fleas are my preferred bait. It takes a bit of know how to locate them on the beach where the waves are rolling up, and then scooping them up. But, everything eats shrimp, pinch the heads, peel the legs and shells and hook the tail side ways.... Then heave it and leave it. I like to fish on the inward side of the sand bar. Don’t get a hit in 15-20 minutes move 10-15 yards one way or the other.

Bait store has a bait called fish bites, they come in various colors, pink replicates shrimp, orange, sand fleas, white/beige not sure, and their are also lime green which I guess looks like a bait fish. Try different colors to see what’s hitting.

Be prepared to catch anything and everything... fresh pompano is the best thing you’ll ever eat. Pompano are the only thing I usually keep other than a few whiting, but you’ll catch, cats, sharks, reds, skates, lady fish, sheep head, you name it.

Anyway I could go on forever...

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    OK, seriously, the next time that photo gets quoted and thus repeated, there will be a last post on this thing b/c I'm locking the thread, shutting down the front porch and bleaching the server for a week.

You know I was a pretty decent hacker in a past life, right? Hope you didn't need that credit score.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    You know I was a pretty decent hacker in a past life, right? Hope you didn't need that credit score.
    Hey, a guy has to try. These are trying times and all.

This thread has been running continuously for five years now, so I thought I’d go back and peruse through it... I’ve gotten through the first year and a half so far, it’s worth the read if anyone has a few minutes here and there. At some times even hilarious...

Turned air conditioner on at my house tonight. That's crazy in December (almost).

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    No wonder you had to replace your unit, you run the dang thing in the winter time too.
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    No wonder you had to replace your unit, you run the dang thing in the winter time too.
    Alabama. Roll Tide!

Last Post Wins

Dove season opened today. I took the day off and went to a public shoot in Shelby Co. Man, am I spoiled. I am use to hunting at private dove shoots on private property. There must have been 150 hunters on about 10 acres, seriously overcrowded. I did manage to knock down five birds.

At least there were plenty of hunters to keep them flying.

What were you hunting over? Corn silage, milo, wheat, sunflowers?

I quit hunting them years ago when I decided I did not want to shoot anything I would not eat and I never liked dove. Used to always clean them and give the meat away to friends
    seeya
    dan