Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 111 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,330 of 4478

Thread: Last Post Wins

Re: Last Post Wins

Sometimes trying hurts.

It hurt Evil Kinevil all the time.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Got the house to myself tonight and starting the weekend off with a gin and tonic. Bombay dry and actually instead of tonic water, Kroger’s Simple Truth Organic brand lemon lime seltzer water. Just enough carbonation without being too much like the regular Kroger brand.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Last Post Wins

I used to enjoy a little sapphire from time to time, in the form of a martini, slightly dirty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Got the house to myself tonight and starting the weekend off with a gin and tonic. Bombay dry and actually instead of tonic water, Kroger’s Simple Truth Organic brand lemon lime seltzer water. Just enough carbonation without being too much like the regular Kroger brand.
    I may give that a try. Been stuck on gin and tonic of late, may try the seltzer since you liked it.

Had been on Vodka for a long time, but gin has been a nice change. tanquerray mostly, but I like Bombay and a few others.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

Full blue moon tonight...

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Time to begin the sad autumnal tradition of a UK football loss followed by raking of leaves.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Last Post Wins

Time to begin the sad autumnal tradition of a UK football loss followed by raking of leaves.
    Cleaning of gutters

Last Post Wins

First assault on both leaves and gutters, more to come, the trees are still basically full.

Shoot'em
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Last Post Wins

Frosty cold out this morning, currently 30 degrees.

27 degrees when I sent the wife off to her teaching the grand kids job this morning at 7:00
    seeya
    dan

I have not been outside today. Do most of my work from home, as a lot of people are. The sun is out and it is bright and shiny, but it could be chilly.

Last Post Wins

Lovely weather here 50’s/70’s

Last Post Wins

I got one of those Scam Alert notifications on a telephone call coming to my phone. I usually ignore them, but this time I went ahead and answer the phone. It was a recording that said that my plastic would be charged $399 to renew a computer IT thing. It said that if this was inappropriate, to call back at their telephone number.

Apparently the scam goes like this. When you call back, they tell you they're going to refund the charge but they need access to your computer. From there I'm not sure what happens, because obviously I didn't call back but I did a little research and saw that was the case. I'm going to return to my practice of just not answering phone calls I don't know, especially when I receive a Scam Alert warning.

Last Post Wins

Our server at work got hit with a phishing scam. Luckily IT got to it before it escalated.

Below is the email I received with the warning...

We were the victim of a successful Phishing attack on our computer system over the last 2 weeks. While a disaster was avoided this time we need to be ever vigilant concerning security of our system.

A Phishing attack is when you receive an email that may look very legitimate. It may look as if it is coming from someone you know or being generated internally by our system. It will usually indicate you need to “click here” or ask you to go to a website to reset your password or verify your account etc.

These attempts can be very convincing. Many are the work of large criminal organizations and off shore entities including governments of foreign countries.

It is estimated we are getting hammered with thousands of these attempts daily. Our software is catching 90+% of them but it is estimated most of us are seeing 2-4 attempts daily.

Last edited by blueboss; 11-05-2020 at 05:29 PM.

31 years ago the Berlin Wall effectively ceased to exist. Interesting Twitter thread about how it happened:

https://twitter.com/jbhenchman/statu...30256956223489

TL;DR version:
    --DDR press secretary given an incomplete press release, put out at the press conference East-West travel would begin immediately
    --Secret police captain deluged by East Berliners and without orders ordered all checkpoints opened.

So the fall of the Iron Curtain was accelerated by a bureacratic mistake.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 11-09-2020 at 11:20 AM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Our server at work got hit with a phishing scam. Luckily IT got to it before it escalated.

Below is the email I received with the warning...

We were the victim of a successful Phishing attack on our computer system over the last 2 weeks. While a disaster was avoided this time we need to be ever vigilant concerning security of our system.

A Phishing attack is when you receive an email that may look very legitimate. It may look as if it is coming from someone you know or being generated internally by our system. It will usually indicate you need to “click here” or ask you to go to a website to reset your password or verify your account etc.

These attempts can be very convincing. Many are the work of large criminal organizations and off shore entities including governments of foreign countries.

It is estimated we are getting hammered with thousands of these attempts daily. Our software is catching 90+% of them but it is estimated most of us are seeing 2-4 attempts daily.

My work got hit by a ransomware attack around this time last year, it was believed it came in via a phishin email. It took us MONTHS of work to recover from this.

Last Post Wins

11/09/2020, close to 85 degrees today.

My leaves got wet last night.

seeya
    dan

Sitting in front of Meijer’s at 4:00 am hoping to score a Play Station 5 for my kid because that’s just the kind of dad I am. He’s 18 but has school today plus he was up past midnight trying to find one thru Target and Best Buy.

Last Post Wins

3 days in a row of record setting low 80’s, 40’s this morning.

Last Post Wins

Sitting in front of Meijer’s at 4:00 am hoping to score a Play Station 5 for my kid because that’s just the kind of dad I am. He’s 18 but has school today plus he was up past midnight trying to find one thru Target and Best Buy.
    Hope you were successful.

Love seeing things like this, having been through many of them in my life.

Last Post Wins

I drove from Louisville to Florence/Cincinnati in the rain/snow to get a Teddy Ruxpin for my daughter two nights before Christmas. They had two left and told me they would only hold it that night and would have to put it back on the shelf the next day. Drove like a bat out of hell to get there before they closed.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I drove from Louisville to Florence/Cincinnati in the rain/snow to get a Teddy Ruxpin for my daughter two nights before Christmas. They had two left and told me they would only hold it that night and would have to put it back on the shelf the next day. Drove like a bat out of hell to get there before they closed.

Congratulations. You definitely win a Dad award with that.

Last Post Wins

By the way, who in the world schedules outpatient surgery for Friday the 13th?

Last Post Wins

I’m officially tired of dealing with fallen leaves. Leaf assault #5 coming up later today.

Which will be all for nothing, when a front rolls through tonight with high winds 40-45 mph gust, 20-30 mph sustained.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    By the way, who in the world schedules outpatient surgery for Friday the 13th?
    Better than Saturday the 14th, if you believe in bad 1980s movies.

Last Post Wins

Leaf assault # 6 in the bag.

Grass is still green and growing here in the People Democratic Republic of Louisville. My last yard day is usually the Saturday before Thanksgiving. Still planning on that but not sure the grass cares about my plans.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Grass is still green and growing here in the People Democratic Republic of Louisville. My last yard day is usually the Saturday before Thanksgiving. Still planning on that but not sure the grass cares about my plans.
    Temps in the 20’s tonight might help you meet that date.