Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 65 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 4478

Thread: Last Post Wins

Last Post Wins

Chilly Halloween...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Last Post Wins

Making beef stew and cornbread for dinner tonight.

Dessert: some leftover Halloween candy I "accidentally" overbought.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

I bought a big bag of candy and had maybe 12 trick or treaters all evening. Some years they come in waves and some years are like last night for some reason.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Last night we had a ton of trick-o-treaters. Don't know why.

The past several years I've set up outside with camp chairs with friends, and bowls of candy. We sit around with a propane heater if it is cool, and enjoy an adult beverage (we're careful, given the evening and the fact that there are a lot of kids around).

So this year I didn't do that.

And more people came.

I think I found the correlation.

Ugly ass day.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Ugly ass day.
    I haven't been anywhere near you today.

Started out 82 degrees and sunny, then we came home...55 and dark.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Started out 82 degrees and sunny, then we came home...55 and dark.
    Hope it was dark because the sun had already set.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

The sun had already set, Grammy's demeanor; what's the difference?
    Took me forty-five minutes to get her wrestled in the car and she is getting her nails done to get the sand and asphalt out from underneath them, as we speak.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

This night is the night we, as a nation, screw up.

Everybody likes Daylight Savings Time because of the later evenings, right? Well, we should just not fall back. Live on permanent Daylight Savings Time.

I have to think this would get 75-80% if it were put to a vote.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

:tiptoes in quietly:

I think I win?

:tiptoes back out:

This is going to sound odd, or scandal-filled, but I wonder if there's a way to go to a chain and negotiate a frequent stayer deal at one particular unit. It appears that we are going to keep a Wingate by Wyndham hotel in business by ourselves where my daughter is going to school. It's just close enough that it's an easy drive, and it really is an easy enough drive to go there and back the same day, but she has a number of things already that have commanded our presence at night (plays and such) that it's very convenient to stay at a hotel overnight there.

We're already given a special rate negotiated by the college, and it's cheaper than AAA, so I guess I shouldn't complain ($79 vs $122, so it's significant). But it looks like we'll be staying a dozen nights a year there. If there are plays my in-laws will come to see we'll get those for them, too, so it could end up being more rooms than that.

Should I be happy with the $79, or try to do better? We don't HAVE to stay all the times, but it's kinda nice. My wife went to her sorority initiation (she is a legacy), which was at 8 p.m. on Sunday. She traveled there, arrived around 4 or 5, checked in the hotel and got ready. It was a surprise, or she would have eaten with my daughter as well. Attended the event, spent some time with her, went back to the hotel. Yesterday she ate breakfast, lounged around, checked out of the hotel and then went to go have lunch with my daughter before heading back. Lot of benefit to just one night at the hotel.

Moving her in. Moving her out. (They have to live on campus all four years, so there will be no "year round" abode there. Attending plays, music performances, etc. My wife attended 3 performances of the first musical. See what I mean?

What say you?

High of 38 this Friday, ugh. About time to head back to Hilton Head for the winter.

Darrell, I say you need a cheap RV. Park at the Waffle House or something and tuck into bed.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Darrell, I say you need a cheap RV. Park at the Waffle House or something and tuck into bed.
    Ooh, that's a great idea....

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Ooh, that's a great idea....
    As much as you go and do this stuff, I'm only half joking.

My in-laws used to have a conversion van that isn't any bigger than a normal van, they raise the ceiling 6 inches and lower the floor in the middle and it's a mini-camper. Bed in the back, small kitchen and dining area, small bathroom. Wouldn't want to live in it for months, but it was workable.

Besides, think of all the things you could take the temperature of in that setup.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Roadtrek, that's what they had. Looks like you can get into one for a cool $70K or so.

FWIW I KNOW my in-laws, no way they spent that on theirs. Good people, but they make their own copper wire by hand stretching pennies.

I probably won't, but that was a pretty cool idea. Adding in the cost of parking yet another vehicle (Doc feels my pain) in/around my house might set my wife off for good.

We do get a meal out of the hotel, which I guess reduces the cost a tad, although it's that breakfast buffet several here hate. I don't, but many do. Of course, this place doesn't really host soccer tournaments and such, so you don't get the same clientele there, and it probably does improve the atmosphere.

Roadtrek, that's what they had. Looks like you can get into one for a cool $70K or so.

FWIW I KNOW my in-laws, no way they spent that on theirs. Good people, but they make their own copper wire by hand stretching pennies.
    Now you made it easy .

Now you made it easy .
    lol. I"ll have to ask my father in law what they paid for theirs. I guarantee it was a small fraction of that. They just don't spend money that way.

If you're looking for something to really round out your car lot you need a good dually pickup truck and a gooseneck fifth wheel that never moves. Preferably full of furniture and storage stuff from the house. Given you're in the South I'm surprised you don't have one, it's a local ordnance in a lot of areas.

If you're looking for something to really round out your car lot you need a good dually pickup truck a
    I got REALLY close this summer to picking one up. I'm not ever telling my wife just how close I got.

She's fine with me doing it, but i have to give up my SUV to do it, and I'm not ready to do that.

Dude, you're a Southerner. You don't get rid of cars to get more cars, you just add cars.

Last Post Wins

Here we go... 1:14 am.

2:05 am - this had not been an issue for a while.
    Oh, well...

Cats fighting woke me up an hour ago...

Took the time to do a little bit of "study" time.
    You know what, it prepared me for the day I was going to have, funny how that works...

Cats fighting woke me up an hour ago...
    Did any of them jump on your face?

(still just aching to go down that road...)

Trying to get in the penalty box with another poster?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Trying to get in the penalty box with another poster?
    I'm in the penalty box so often in my life I've set it up with cable and a mini-fridge.

Last Post Wins

Yes you are, aren't you?