Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 84 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,520 of 4478

Thread: Last Post Wins

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    When I heard Tyler Herro's "I'm A Bucket" comment for some reason it took me back to when my older child was a little girl and just learning to talk. She would say "I'm a fote," and Mrs. BEvans and I couldn't figure out what she meant. We'd just agree with her and go on. It took a couple of years for us to realize she was saying "I'm a folk." She couldn't pronounce her "K" sound early on and said it as a "T," so "cookie" was "cootie," "park" was "part," etc. So we would sometimes say, "Let's go folks," and she thought we were all a "folk," which she pronounced as "fote."

So just know that when Herro says he's a bucket, I'm thinking of my now 29 y/o saying that she's a fote.
    https://youtu.be/hXdtoRLdgXQ

My Grandson, when he was learning the whole talking thing.

He also used to hear WAKY’s jingle and sing along with it.

His came out “AKY Ooeyville Tucky”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blueboss; 02-27-2019 at 01:13 PM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Last Post Wins

15.2 inches of rain here since Jan 1
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Last Post Wins

Hmmm 15 degrees this morning.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Last Post Wins

32 here, but we think this is cold.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    15.2 inches of rain here since Jan 1
    Was curious where we were so far for the year. Given we average about 4 feet or so, we seem well on our way. That puts us on track for roughly 90 inches of rain, or bordering on double our usual amount, lol.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Can't tell you about Fayette county, but neighboring Clark Co caught 11.4 inches so far this year,
    seeya
    dan

An article on the Red Bar in Grayton Beach rebuilding:

https://gardenandgun.com/articles/red-bar-rebuilds/
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Great to read that article, BEvans.

I saw this pic in my Twitter feed today:

https://twitter.com/HistoryTime_/sta...56727990407170

If I were a basketball player I think I'd have this on my bedroom wall. Rodman's a lunatic but dang, the effort.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Last Post Wins

Snowing

I just looked at the last 10 phone calls I received on my cell phone. 6 were spam or charities.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    I just looked at the last 10 phone calls I received on my cell phone. 6 were spam or charities.
    I obtained a very good, easy-to-remember cell phone number in 1996, and have obviously, kept it over those years. Over time, I began using it as my "primary" business number. So it really sux to get spam/telemarketer calls on it, because not only is it my personal cell, it's also a primary business number, too. At least 50% of my business calls come on it, if not more.

So...I'm 9-for-25 in my last 25 calls being spam type calls. 36%. What a waste.

I'm running for President in 2020. I have a simple platform. forget foreign policy, even the economy. I"m going to promise to end spam calls and other daily annoyances that drive every single American nuts.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I'm running for President in 2020. I have a simple platform. forget foreign policy, even the economy. I"m going to promise to end spam calls and other daily annoyances that drive every single American nuts.
    Sold.

Testing the clock on the boards.

Edit; it's right now, good.

So Twitter is just a thing--without getting political (that's for another board), it can be used for good or it can be used for ill. Many times it's used for ill, and sometimes the level of ill gets to the point where I'm just ready to chuck it.

But then I see something like this:

I read a tweet from someone linking to an article about how Baltimore is just going straight to hell with uncontrolled violence and rioting. So I think about David Simon, the creator of "The Wire," who created what I think is the best TV series in history about life in Baltimore.

Wondering what he might have to say about the current state of Baltimore, I check out his Twitter feed. I don't see anything on that, but I see he's linked to an article about a woman named Freddie Oversteegen, who died recently at 92.

Do a little more digging and learn that Ms. Oversteegen and her sister lived in occupied Holland during WWII and were part of the Dutch resistance. Besides smuggling firearms, serving as a lookout and acting as a courier, she sabotaged bridges and rail lines with dynamite, smuggled Jewish children out of concentration camps and would seduce Nazis and Nazi sympathizers, lure them into the forest and kill them.

So learning stuff like this is what keeps me on Twitter. Total badass.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.9c3b47a3a2c4

I’m writing an article on a local man who boxed in the 1920s. I thought it would be a pretty straight-forward story about his life and career, but I have found that one of his brothers lost an arm in a work accident involving a printing press, his father had his skull crushed in another work accident at a steel mill, then his sister shot and killed an ex-boyfriend, but charges were dropped due to self-defense. (The newspaper headline called it a “Love Killing” in bold, all-capital letters.) Of course, three years later, in perhaps a case of not-so-instant karma, she was riding in a car that drove off a bridge and she was crushed to death.

Fun stuff

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    I’m writing an article on a local man who boxed in the 1920s. I thought it would be a pretty straight-forward story about his life and career, but I have found that one of his brothers lost an arm in a work accident involving a printing press, his father had his skull crushed in another work accident at a steel mill, then his sister shot and killed an ex-boyfriend, but charges were dropped due to self-defense. (The newspaper headline called it a “Love Killing” in bold, all-capital letters.) Of course, three years later, in perhaps a case of not-so-instant karma, she was riding in a car that drove off a bridge and she was crushed to death.

Fun stuff
    Man I hope you never do an article on me or my immediate family. wow.

Last Post Wins

Crazy, windy today!!

Toto, we aren't in Kentucky anymore.
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

Not so fast

Last Post Wins

Not so slow, either.

Changed my brackets for the last time. At least I hope so. Wish the darn tournament would start already so they’d lock up.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Last Post Wins

Haven't started mine yet. Will do it in a few.

Last Post Wins

Anybody see the Geico commercial where the barber shop quartet is playing basketball with some serious ballers in the park?

Yep I have seen it
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

Aurora borealis may be visible tonight as far south as Kentucky... albeit, a slight chance. I lost the link to the viewing map.

Last edited by blueboss; 03-23-2019 at 12:18 PM.

Last Post Wins

No northern lights this far south... this time.

Apparently some rather large solar storms are in the forecast.

My son's high school is on spring break this week, and he has no particular plans, nor do we. But we might be going to Atlanta to watch the Braves play the Reds today, but none of us seem to be super-excited about doing so.

On a barely related matter, the last three years I have absolutely frozen during some of his spring soccer games, especially the ones that start in February and in early March. This year, although some of the games have been chilly, I have not experienced that. While you might think that is reason to celebrate, rather than complain, I made sure this year that I would be comfortable, with appropriate outerwear, special hand warmers to put in pockets, special layered clothing, etc. So I feel like this was a big waste.

Always consult the wolly worms before making winter wear purchases.
    seeya
    dan