Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 126 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,780 of 4478

Thread: Last Post Wins

Last Post Wins

Bunch a water on the ground today, more to come tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Last Post Wins

I think today's rain will hold off until tonight, then more soupiness will occur
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

One thing i know about water is that it is wet...and it moves downhill. Wait that is two things i know about water.
    Go Cats!

Happy equinox!

Spending a night in the hospital is not amusing, but it’s only for a sleep study, so no big deal

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Spending a night in the hospital is not amusing, but it’s only for a sleep study, so no big deal
    I heard that. A couple years ago I spent 41 nights in a hospital, but for about 30 of those nights I remember nothing as they had me sedated, hooked up to a vent and an IV. As they said I had the flu and pneumonia, I have been thinking that I was the first case of Covid in the USA. I am really glad hospitals are there when needed, but i am also happy that these days I can just drive by them.
    seeya
    dan

73° and amazing outside. Gonna build a fire in the fire pit tonight and sip some good tequila.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Gin and tonic. Sadly won't be able to do my own cocktails at the moment. To cover my drinking I now put myself out as a mixologist.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

Got the yard aerated and seeded yesterday, followed by a decent rain this morning. Now for the bad news, no rain in sight for the next seven to ten days which means I’ll have to water every other day for the next week or so.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

I'm waiting to get on a flight & the guy behind me is watching a video with no headphones on. I believe a little-known codicil in the TSA travel regs allows me to kill him. Checking that now....
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 10-07-2021 at 03:29 PM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Safer bet is to snatch the phone and smash it under your foot, turn to the person behind you in line and say, you are welcome.
    seeya
    dan

Are you in California, maybe wisconsin? Property crimes aren't even crimes there and a lot of other places now, so Dan's suggestion will probably work fine.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

Dense fog out this morning. The commute will be interesting.

It’s as foggy out this morning as clam chowder. I would say split pea soup but I don’t really care for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    It’s as foggy out this morning as clam chowder. I would say split pea soup but I don’t really care for it.
    Does anyone?

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Does anyone?
    Reagan MacNeil, but then she spit it all over the place.

We all have our personal demons.

Last Post Wins

Fall has finally arrived lows in the upper 40’s, highs in the upper 60’s. Nice and breezy.

I turned off the HVAC before going to bed last night and put a blanket on the mattress and slept very comfortably. Had to break the ice in the sink to wash my coffee cup though.
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

I hate Walmart…that’s all.

You ever notice how in the fall the sun doesn’t come up as early as it used to?

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    You ever notice how in the fall the sun doesn’t come up as early as it used to?
    Has to be global warming. It never did this when I was a kid.
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Has to be global warming. It never did this when I was a kid.

Last Post Wins

Chilly 49 to start the week

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    ^^heard a lot of good things about The Villages, would like to hear updates from time to time.

So, Mrs. BEvans has been down there full-time since 8/30, and I've been back and forth a couple of times. Spent 8/30-9/7 down there, just spent 10/7-17 and will be back 11/18-27. Quick thoughts so far:

--Everyone we've met is extremely nice and looking for ways to support one another and have fun together. Neighborhood driveway parties are common;

--A common saying is "If you're bored, it's your own fault." That is true--there are so, so many things to do. It's easy to get over-programmed and you kind of have to carve out a break for yourself, which is a nice problem to have;

--People of common interests find each other pretty easily. If you're a motorcycle guy or gal, you'll find fellow motorcycle guys/gals. Same with golfers, pickleball (probably even more popular than golf down there), drinkers, Parrotheads, etc. Here's a current list of the clubs and activities (188 pages long). There's a Kentucky Club.

--Everybody has a golf cart, and they trick them out. You don't have to spend a lot, but if you want to you can easily spend as much on a golf cart and accessories as you can on a car.

--There are 3 town squares and they have live music at each town square from 5-9 pm every day of the year (weather permitting). Bands are good and they have a variety of them. They'll play everything from oldies, disco, R&B, current hits, classic rock, country, you name it. The bands develop local followings and it's kind of an event when certain bands perform. Plus local restaurants will have live music, so if you're into music it's a good place to be.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 10-20-2021 at 01:47 PM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Last Post Wins

^^^Thanks for updates, echos all the positives I’ve heard from others.

Sounds like you all made a good decision, hope you all are happy there for a long time to come.

Last Post Wins

Nice day at Keeneland today, even managed to come home with more loot than I left with.

Scenery did not disappoint as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Nice day at Keeneland today, even managed to come home with more loot than I left with.

Scenery did not disappoint as usual.

How did the horses and trees look, or did you notice those?

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    How did the horses and trees look, or did you notice those?
    There could have been horses in the trees for all I know, but the rest was stunning.

These threads are useless without pictures. I have never been to a Keenland event so I can not understand what is going on that is not horse race related.
    seeya
    dan