Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 110 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,300 of 4478

Thread: Last Post Wins

Re: Last Post Wins

Hoo boy that is a stinker. People talk about 70’s music being bad but it has actually stood up pretty well except for the disco. The 80’s though was pretty much all bad.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Journey, Queen, Guns and Roses, Bon Jovi, AC DC, Aerosmith, U2, Van Halen, Tom Petty, Rush, ZZ Top, John Cougar, Dire Straits, The Police, Springsteen and the E Street Band, J Geils Band, REO Speedwagon, all come to mind as artists from the 80s worth a shouit out for quality tunes. There are likely more that did not show up in a quick inventory of music memories in my brain.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Is there any worse decline for a band than the transformation from Jefferson Airplane to Starship? "We Built This City" is the single worse rock song ever aired.
    Chicago was pretty bad after Terry Kath's death. They went from "I'm A Man," "Make Me Smile," "25 or 6 to 4," etc. in the 60s and 70s to "You're The Inspiration," "Hard Habit To Break" and "Walk Away" in the 80s. I didn't enjoy the "We're Back For More Money!" phase of their careers.

I might throw REO Speedwagon in there, too. "Riding The Storm Out," "Roll With The Changes, etc., in the 70s to "I Don't Want To Fight This Feeling Anymore" in the 80s. Gag.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 09-25-2020 at 12:41 PM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Journey, Queen, Guns and Roses, Bon Jovi, AC DC, Aerosmith, U2, Van Halen, Tom Petty, Rush, ZZ Top, John Cougar, Dire Straits, The Police, Springsteen and the E Street Band, J Geils Band, REO Speedwagon, all come to mind as artists from the 80s worth a shouit out for quality tunes. There are likely more that did not show up in a quick inventory of music memories in my brain.
    I thought of Rush, AC/DC, and a few others as soon as I posted that but for the most part the 80’s were pretty forgettable in my opinion.

I agree, but the ones that were still pushing out quality music were not failing us in the 80s. The 80s was a desert compared to the 60s and 70s
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

Romper Room, I’m at work and for some reason that came to my mind...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Romper Room, I’m at work and for some reason that came to my mind...

My work can be the same way sometimes...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Wow our winters haven’t had two inches of snow recently much less two feet.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Where is Frymire suggesting these winter conditions will occur?

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

I think he and BEvans conferred on the forecast.
    seeya
    dan

One of the weirder historical quirks is that President John Tyler, who was born over 210 years ago and left office over 175 years ago, had 2 grandsons still living. 1 of them just died.

President Tyler was born in 1790. He had a son, Lyon Sr. when he was 63.

Lyon Sr. had Lyon Jr. when Lyon Sr. was 72.

Lyon Jr. just died at 95.

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/...ndson-has-died
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 10-05-2020 at 12:31 PM.

That's amazing. To think of having a grandfather that was living in the 1700s is just mind-boggling.

By the way, I wonder if there are any non-famous people that fall in this category that have been publicized. It really is fascinating.

Tyler was known as ‘“His Accidency” because he became President only due to William Henry Harrison’s death.

I wonder how many of his kids could have had the same name...

Lyon Sr. had Lyon Jr. when Lyon Sr. was 72.

I wonder if they ever found out who the father was?
    seeya
    dan

Mrs. BEvans went to see her mother for a week or so. She might come back--it's possible.

Guess I'll have to watch some football today, maybe make a pot of chili.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Mrs. BEvans went to see her mother for a week or so. She might come back--it's possible.

Guess I'll have to watch some football today, maybe make a pot of chili.
    You could vacuum and do laundry. Nah..

Men typically "go out for a pack of cigarettes". Women "go visit their mom."

FWIW I know a guy who really did have their dad walk out that way, actually said he was going out for cigarettes, didn't come back.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

How did you spend your Sunday? Driving to my daughter's college to drop off a car for her as a loaner. Driving back. Then waiting on AAA to tow her car to the dealer.

We tried to start a pool on what you did on your weekends but everyone wanted to pick "driving somewhere for the family", so it never worked out. There just wasn't a way to lay off the bets.

I've been at gallery trying to catch up as usual. Which is also too easy of a bet to entice any gambling. lol
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

Frost on the pumpkin tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Frost on the pumpkin tonight.

Try buying her flowers and candy. May warm things up.....

Last Post Wins

Indian summer here in VA beach.

Spent the last 90 minutes trying to install a 60-day free trial of some software that I really don't need, but it's bugging me.

So it's 12:30 a.m. (almost) local time, and I'm exhausted from the week of work, and have work I need to do this weekend. And I've been fiddling around with this stupid software.

Where's a good screw extractor kit when you need one?
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Where's a good screw extractor kit when you need one?
    Don't tempt me.

Louisville’s been looking for one of those ever since Petino and Petrino left.

Last Post Wins

The end

Last Post Wins

Encore!

Last Post Wins

Just checking

Last Post Wins

Never hurts to try.

Well, it does sometime. But I never would have had a date in high school if I allowed hurt feelings to count. Try, try again, I always said.