Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 129 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,870 of 4478

Thread: Last Post Wins

Re: Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Getting six new windows. Not using one of those window companies, but the same small construction guy I use (it's a "company," but it's generally him, his Dad, and workers he needs, as he needs.) They ordered the windows today. There's a 15-week backlog on it. Wanted to have better windows for the winter.

I will, but just not this year's winter.
    New windows are something we need to do but our house apparently has “schoolhouse” windows and to replace them they have to be custom made, or so I’ve been told. Still need to do it though.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Getting six new windows. Not using one of those window companies, but the same small construction guy I use (it's a "company," but it's generally him, his Dad, and workers he needs, as he needs.) They ordered the windows today. There's a 15-week backlog on it. Wanted to have better windows for the winter.

I will, but just not this year's winter.
    Does your guy travel? I need custom storms for fitting the old windows in my house. Like bad.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    New windows are something we need to do but our house apparently has “schoolhouse” windows and to replace them they have to be custom made, or so I’ve been told. Still need to do it though.
    I have a couple of national sources for them if you need a couple. I'm looking at custom wood ones for mine to match the house.

Not cheap but I think the heat/cold savings will pay for them with a reasonable payback.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Thanks but we need 8 of them. I’m still debating putting in a screened in patio in the back of the house with a deck on top, taking out the two windows in the dining room and putting in French doors for access to the deck. Maybe one of these days.

Last Post Wins

Thanks but we need 8 of them. I’m still debating putting in a screened in patio in the back of the house with a deck on top, taking out the two windows in the dining room and putting in French doors for access to the deck. Maybe one of these days.
    You're going to make $omebody very happy with that work!

I need even more than that but they really aren't stupid expensive, and they do actually pay back in energy savings. On my old house with very very low efficiency windows they should pay back much faster than on a newer home. Now the porch and deck are another matter...

One of these days….

Last Post Wins

Not sure where to put this…

Watching Tonight Show reruns, tonight I was watching an episode that aired 9/1/77, Lou Brock walked out with the base that was 893…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Not sure where to put this…

Watching Tonight Show reruns, tonight I was watching an episode that aired 9/1/77, Lou Brock walked out with the base that was 893…

Chill bumps.

Last Post Wins

Chill bumps.
    Rickles was on with him as well. It’s really unbelievable what was acceptable behavior back then compared to today and the PC culture.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

YouTube has a ton of old Carson clips with older stars we grew up with. Easy to go down a rabbit hole and blow a couple of hours watching those. Really funny stuff. Anything with Rickles is gold.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

If this model run turns out to be accurate, will the Harbinger Of Death (Cantore) visit the Purchase area or North Carolina?

aHR0cHM6Ly9wYnMudHdpbWcuY29tL21lZGlhL0ZJNmg5OHJYTUFzbkZvVT9mb3JtYXQ9cG5nJm5hbWU9bWVkaXVt.jpg
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    If this model run turns out to be accurate, will the Harbinger Of Death (Cantore) visit the Purchase area or North Carolina?

aHR0cHM6Ly9wYnMudHdpbWcuY29tL21lZGlhL0ZJNmg5OHJYTUFzbkZvVT9mb3JtYXQ9cG5nJm5hbWU9bWVkaXVt.jpg
    Looks like the Ohio River is the line, all of it stay south of the river.

Last Post Wins

Ugh. Just saw my daughter's forecast for Saturday. 20-below wind chill. Hope that southern girl bundles up.

Last Post Wins

We dodged another one that’s not crossing the river.

The forecast for Izzy makes it look like Louisville is the hub in a very large wheel. We might only get a dusting.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    We dodged another one that’s not crossing the river.

It appears that it will be a mixed bag for KY this weekend with some areas having a mix of light precip and other areas getting hammered with up to 6 inches of snow and some mixed precip affecting the same areas.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    It appears that it will be a mixed bag for KY this weekend with some areas having a mix of light precip and other areas getting hammered with up to 6 inches of snow and some mixed precip affecting the same areas.
    South and east of Louisville looks to get the bulk.

Last Post Wins

That should have won.

The ice storm cometh.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    The ice storm cometh.
    The 94’ storm set up the same way. Forecasters predicted rain, turning to freezing rain and then sleet with small snow accumulations on the back side. I think we ended up with 16” of snow in like 6-7 hours.

Hope it’s not a repeat…

A model (not a forecast) from earlier today:

495F34E6-9D7D-41AB-B822-29215BBCDD9A.jpg

Looks a lot like 03 or 09.

Last Post Wins

Local weather guy was not to high on the Euro in his forecast last night. Thought that the icy and or snowy precip would stay northwest of us, but from Paducah to Etown and north of that might be in for a mess beginning mid to late day tomorrow

The Pres says to stock up and hunker down.
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 02-01-2022 at 07:21 AM.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Last Post Wins

You guys be careful.

Promising to be a real joy.

Grabbing generator and gas from the office, have laid in food, grabbing extra booze tomorrow, and checked on the gun and ammo supply in case we end up having to forage.

Ought to be a really joyful weekend.

Didn't need generators, at least where I live, thank goodness.

Last Post Wins

A non-event here on the N side of the creek. Now it’s just cold, sunny but cold, highs in the mid 20’s. Supposed to warm tomorrow to mid 40’s.

A whole lot less that the disaster we were anticipating. Got some ice here in Lexvegas, but not enough to crack a single limb around me. Then some sleet, some snow, etc.

Side roads are still ice, main roads were clear the next day by noonish or earlier. Was really surprising in fact.

That's good though. Whole state basically kept power and just maybe took Friday to stay at home. Beats the alternative.