Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 48 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 4480

Thread: Last Post Wins

Re: Last Post Wins

lol--love those books, Coastie.

I have a real dilemma. My in-laws came in town Wednesday. Haven't seen my son play soccer in five years, I guess. He normally plays "some" defensive position, outside back usually, has played DCM, but this year has played full-time at Center Back--almost never an offensive position. So during the game Wednesday night, they move him temporarily to DCM--scores his first high school goal (he's a sophomore) in the game.

Dilemma--do I tell the in-laws to leave before or after the next game?

I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Sorta.

The "Elvis" cinnamon roll Attachment 6201
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

I stayed at the HIE in Athens Tn Wednesday night. Got up Thursday morning and went to the "breakfast room" for a bite to eat. Cheese Omelet, sausage and gravy, 2% milk then I go looking for the cinnamon roles. Warmer for the roles was empty and i stand there staring at it long enough that the hostess walked by, and I asked when he was going to bring out more rolls. She quickly said we don't have any and kept walking. Ruined my day. I love those rolls and it is the first time in several hundred stays at HIE that this has happened. Bummer
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Met this guy today at Pt Reyes Seashore Attachment 6202
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

I have my in-laws visiting and have more cakes, pies, pastries and eating out than I've done in a year. Diet temporarily destroyed. Will not step on scales for about a week.

Had dinner with a BUNCH of Irish people, at a Mexican restaurant that had an Elvis impersonator doing karaoke.
    Just your average Tuesday...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Had dinner with a BUNCH of Irish people, at a Mexican restaurant that had an Elvis impersonator doing karaoke.
    Just your average Tuesday...
    Sounds like someone had a really good time in the 60s.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

When I was younger and drinking a lot, wouldn't have thought anything about it.
    Now, it seemed so surreal.

I guess the thing that sticks out the most I didn't even mention before. There was an elderly lady there with a few of her friends, enjoying some Margaritas that I swear by all that is holy looked exactly like Beetlejuice.

My beverage of choice for the night...Ice Water with a slice of Lemon and a slice of Lime...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Last Post Wins

Its colder today than it was all of February...20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post

Really pissing me off. (Sorry, windy, cold weather does that to me now that I'm getting older.) We had all this spring weather in February and early March, making this return to winter temps really annoying. Dog's not getting walked as much as she should. Tough to get out there in the morning and do it--return to cold plus now it's dark due to Daylight Savings Time.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

My shoulder aches, sore as it can be. "Love" physical therapy!

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post

15 degrees for the low temp in Russellville KY, 22 miles west of me. Low here was 21
    seeya
    dan

Fuzzy pic of a slide tackle last night (a still from a camcorder video). Took out the striker with it, hit the ball first deflecting it away from the goal, late in the game, which we won, 1-0 over our cross-town rivals on the road. Their first loss of the season (our 2nd week in a row we've defeated an undefeated team). We haven't had a great year, but after starting 2-3, have started to find our rhythym.

Last year my son had an empty net save with 0:30 to go to preserve a 0-0 tie against them (Hoover) at their place. I think he enjoys playing them.

Slide tackle.jpg

After his partial ACL tear last year, I hold my breath any time I see a play like this. I know you have to play, but...

Should be outside doing yard work but just don't have any energy.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

PSA - Where to hide if a nuclear bomb goes off in your area.

http://lifehacker.com/where-to-hide-...rea-1793493053

Last Post Wins

Who can sleep after watching the Cats dispatch the bear bears...

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Bombino
    The original version of Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana. Has a much more raw punk meets The Pixies type of sounds:

https://youtu.be/tzdVXC-wJgk

It is also interesting to hear the changed lyrics such as "I'm a liar and I'm famous/here we are now entertain us", which capture the punk ethos much more than the more navel gazing version in the final song.
    Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 03-25-2017 at 02:11 AM.

Sun came up today, but weather forecast warning of thunderstorms. Sounds about right.

An animated GIF used as a "deadly weapon." Would never have believed it, but it makes sense. What a world.

http://www.abajournal.com/news/artic...gn=daily_email

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    An animated GIF used as a "deadly weapon." Would never have believed it, but it makes sense. What a world.

http://www.abajournal.com/news/artic...gn=daily_email
    Not sure if I agree that it qualifies as a deadly weapon. That being said there was clear and malicious intent to cause harm, possibly fatal harm. Maybe there is a different legal definition of deadly weapon than there is colloquially.

UK plays Cincy tomorrow at the Cliff. 5:30 cdt. I hope UK does well, wins and helps me out of the funk I am in.
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    Not sure if I agree that it qualifies as a deadly weapon. That being said there was clear and malicious intent to cause harm, possibly fatal harm. Maybe there is a different legal definition of deadly weapon than there is colloquially.
    Depends on the jurisdiction, but something that would have a tendency to cause great bodily harm, including death, can be a deadly weapon. I don't know the medical nature of the epilepsy, and whether an epileptic seizure could result in a fatality, but that would be the argument.

As usual, with law, there's a lot of grey rather than black and white. You can't define things and say, "a gun is a deadly weapon. A baseball bat is a deadly weapon. A pen is not a deadly weapon. An animated gif is not a deadly weapon."

If it can be used as such, it is as such. More nuanced than that, and i don't practice criminal law, so subject to being painfully wrong by many levels, but that's generally my understanding.

Kentucky may have to amend the concealed carry law. IT allows you to carry what Ky defines as a "deadly weapon" on your person, such as a switchblade or gun. Now people will get patted down checking for animated gif files.

that really is something they need to prosecute though. Maybe the guy didn't really think it would do him physical harm, but that's for a jury to decide.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Bombino

Frustrated right now with the US Embassy. Fiancée was supposed to have her K1 visa interview yesterday. The day before yesterday her appointment disappears from the website. She is told to just go there anyways. She gets there, gives the lady her evidence and does that interview. Then waits for the official interview, and waits, and waits, and waits...for FOUR hours with no cellphone allowed. She finally gets called and the guy says "Sorry, we can't do your interview. You are from Vietnam but interviewing in Thailand so we decided to independently verify all of you documents." They won't tell her how long it will take, they won't tell her if or when she can have her next interview, etc. They just said wait and we will contact you again eventually. So damn frustrated because this was the final step for the K1 and now we are left in an indefinite holding pattern. She was hoping to make it here by my birthday at the end of next month but right now that looks like an impossibility.

Man, that sounds tough Pedro. Wishing you and your fiance the best with it.

All ready mowed the yard twice this year, that's a little weird for March.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by truecatsfan View Post
    All ready mowed the yard twice this year, that's a little weird for March.
    I say the same thing in August. My neighbors love me.

Dang Pedro, that stinks. I'd offer to help but if they found out we had any association they'd likely kick you out of the country just to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I say the same thing in August. My neighbors love me.
    Now i know my neighbor, keep wondering who it was.

Last Post Wins

Time to fertilize my yard so in a few weeks I can complain about how often I have to cut the grass.