Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 112 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,360 of 4478

Thread: Last Post Wins

Re: Last Post Wins

Phone says it’s 30 out but I don’t see any frost. And the leaves on the rhododendron by the front door are flat as pancakes.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Come to my house, Old Lazarus is coated in frost.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Last Post Wins

Frost on the pumpkin at my house, and the brass monkey let himself in last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

This is getting as hard to follow as Shakespeare. either that or we're talking in double knot spy code.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    This is getting as hard to follow as Shakespeare. either that or we're talking in double knot spy code.
    Man, I thought it was just me...I was going to sit quietly in the corner and not say anything, but at least there are two of us who are lost .

Old Lazarus is my truck.
    2002 Ranger and I have had him since he had 7 miles on the odometer.
    He used to be called Old Blue, then one day he died on me and wouldn't restart.
    It took a couple of months but I finally found the problem and he has been Old Lazarus ever since.
    There is one code cracked and one mystery solved...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Rhododendron leaves curl up when it’s cold.

Last Post Wins

The old saying cold enough the freeze the balls off a brass monkey... hence brass monkey let himself in the house so as not to lose his balls....

The history of the saying is vastly different than my version. Something about a triangle used to store cannon balls on a ships deck is called a brass monkey. When it got cold enough for the metal to contract the cannon balls would fall out.

Not sure about frost on the pumpkin, other than my grandmother used to say it when there was frost, and then in turn my mother said it, and now I say it.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Frost on the pumpkin indicated that frost came early in the year as the pumpkins had not yet been harvested and carried to the barn.

Could also mean that if it frosted on the pumpkins you were a lazy farmer that had left his crop in the field and would not have pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Last Post Wins

You’d think 6 days might be enough.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    You’d think 6 days might be enough.

But not 28 minutes...

Last Post Wins

Or even eight minutes

Ever wonder why if it takes 1,440 minutes for the earth to make one revolution (appx.) (24 X 60), then why are there 60 minutes in a degree? 1440 minutes / 360 degrees in a circle = only 4 minutes per degree, not 60.

Someone check my math.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Ever wonder why if it takes 1,440 minutes for the earth to make one revolution (appx.) (24 X 60), then why are there 60 minutes in a degree? 1440 minutes / 360 degrees in a circle = only 4 minutes per degree, not 60.

Someone check my math.
    I'm not even sure I will get the Hall of Fame game OVER/UNDER question right and you want me to check your math?

Hey guys, don't forget to play the Hall of Fame game contest on the Basketball Board today. I know it's been a long time, but it will be good to get back in the swing of things.

Last Post Wins

Yeah, what does the temperature have to do with revolutions of the earth? 360 degrees is awfully hot though. 🤓

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Yeah, what does the temperature have to do with revolutions of the earth? 360 degrees is awfully hot though. 邏

Wow that global warming happened really fast.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

37 big degrees and that cold Kentucky rain.

Predicted 49 degree high and 22 degree low for this week.
    seeya
    dan

I have two hand warmers fueled up and percolating well and wearing a shirt and a sweatshirt inside.

Last Post Wins

We ended up with a light dusting, it’s a cold one this morning.

I was listening to the Pandora Christmas station this morning and noticed you could drill down further and pick sub-genres. I picked "Grandma's Favorites" for some golden oldies. The first song? "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)" by John Lennon. That was accurate, annoying and depressing, all at the same time.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    I was listening to the Pandora Christmas station this morning and noticed you could drill down further and pick sub-genres. I picked "Grandma's Favorites" for some golden oldies. The first song? "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)" by John Lennon. That was accurate, annoying and depressing, all at the same time.
    One of these days I'm going to have to try that Pandora thing...before it becomes not a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    One of these days I'm going to have to try that Pandora thing...before it becomes not a thing.
    I like Pandora. You can pick the type of music you want to hear and take it with you wherever you go...

Question for BE and Pappy. Do you guys use just the free service or are you paid subscribers?
    seeya
    dan

^Dan, I just use the free service. Paid service is commercial-free and gives you the ability to repeat songs or pick particular songs. But I like the free service just fine.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Free service, Dan.
    Like BEvans said it works just fine for me.

My channels are pretty predictable but they work for me.
    Gold City, Cathedral, Triumphant, Kingdom Heirs, and just for the Heck of it and Grammy I have thrown in a little Greater Vision.

Let me tell you, when I have that going and tinkering around in my garage...Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't!

Last Post Wins

On hold with ATT, a service truck drove through the lower part of my property (again) and got stuck. Had to call a tow truck to pull him out, after it was all over I’ve got big giant ruts in my yard.

Big enough to put in a pool, or small enough for a frog pond?
    seeya
    dan

I'd wait and just see. Good chance they won't charge you for it.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I'd wait and just see. Good chance they won't charge you for it.
    I don’t even have ATT service for anything.