Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 70 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,100 of 4478

Thread: Last Post Wins

Re: Last Post Wins

We may actually get snow here this weekend. An "Apps Runner" (Low pressure tracking up the Appalachians) may happen--that would bring precipitation to our fair Commonwealth, the type and amount determined by the track of the low.

In the meantime, I'm really excited about the warm-up into the 50s for tomorrow and Thursday. Temps will drop back to the teens behind the snow, but I'm looking forward to a thaw, even if it's just for a couple of days.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 01-09-2018 at 01:42 PM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Working again at this early hour. There should be a law against this. 45 degrees outside. I will take that on any day in January
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Working again at this early hour. There should be a law against this. 45 degrees outside. I will take that on any day in January
    Not working, but been awake since 3:30. Ought to be a law against that, too. Thanks to my DroidTV app.

Last Post Wins

Let it snow...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Let it snow...

Screw that. If it messes up my plans for tomorrow I'll be very unhappy. May have to beat up the weatherman.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Screw that. If it messes up my plans for tomorrow I'll be very unhappy. May have to beat up the weatherman.
    We’re looking at getting 2-4 maybe 6 on the north side of Louisville.

Last edited by blueboss; 01-12-2018 at 06:48 AM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Last Post Wins

Maybe 2”, as usual the weather guys overhyped it early on putting everyone in blizzard mode.

Not looking too bad in the south end of Jefferson County as of now...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Rain started around 8:00 local time last night and continued on and off all night. temps stayed above freezing so no ice or snow yet. Plenty of moisture tracking this way so I hope temps stay where they are and we miss the frozen stuff all together today and tonight.
    seeya
    dan

The rain is starting to freeze in Jeff.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Southern Jefferson County - the roads are in good shape, but the weeds and little bushes on Air Commerce have glazed over and Grammy's Altima was coated in a solid sheet. I am home and hunkered down down, and I hope all my Big Blue Brothers and sisters are home, or get home safe as well.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Light misty riain beginning to freeze on tree limbs and vehicles. Bah humbug
    seeya
    dan

Temperature dropped to 44 degrees by lunchtime.

Day started close to 60 as I stayed at home while a plumber installed a new toilet in my downstairs bathroom. Beats the heck out of going to the bathroom with a hole in the floor, I guess, but I knew that my wife's estimate (line needed clearing, she said) of $150 would be a tad low. Like 10%. Grr.

But our s---hole works now!

Hole in the floor? You need to see the shi—ers in Kentucky. They have a bench you can sit on over the hole. Some even have toilet seats on them.

Looking like a bust so far here in Louisville (Jtown). Started flurrying around 2:00 pm, then stopped and now just starting to flurry again. My WAG is about an inch here, maybe 2.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Yeah I’m starting to wonder if they called off school partly because so many kids are out with the flu anyway.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Temperature dropped to 44 degrees by lunchtime.

“But our s---hole works now!
    Your Africa works now?

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Your Africa works now?

I know his Haiti and Dominican Republic doesn't.....
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I know his Haiti and Dominican Republic doesn't.....
    Oh, there are so many politically incorrect jokes that stem from that.....

Nope. Not going to go there.

3:27 right on time and it appears we have escaped snowmegeddon once more.

Looks like almost an inch on my patio table. More than we got last year lol.

Southern Jefferson County, Bullitt-Jefferon line by the Penn Run Golf course and we got an inch, with it looks like 1/4" of ice underneath.
    Be cautious on the roads, it is a little unsure under foot this morning.

^Same here in Jtown, Pappy. Pretty to look at but underachieved here in Jefferson County. I think it didn't get cold enough to snow quickly enough, so more freezing rain & less snow.

I felt badly for the Weather Channel guy they dispatched to Louisville to cover "WINTER STORM HUNTER!!!!!!". He was standing downtown on a wet sidewalk most of the day, trying to make a big deal out of little icicles dangling from traffic signs. It's not a big deal unless they send Cantore. Then you know Death's coming for you.

Last Post Wins

Across the river I got unmeasurable ice with less than 1/2” of snow on top.

Weather guy kept tooting his own horn about how he nailed the forecast. They have a broadcast area of about 300 square miles. He “guessed” 1-5” of snow 1/4-1/2” of ice. I suppose he hit those numbers somewhere in the broadcast area but he had no idea where.

Referees and weathermen, go figure....

Last Post Wins

2:59am

God love your heart, blueboss.
    Thankfully, I slept until 6:45 this morning.

Insomnia can be a booger-bear.
    Hang in their and power nap through the day.

Last Post Wins

Thanks Pappy...as I type this it’s 2:57.

My insomnia routine is I usually wake up around this time every night for about a half hour.... and tonight is no exception.

Woke up at 3 and 4 this morning, and just got up because I didn't want to oversleep. Was cooking breakfast for my son at 5 so he could eat and go back to sleep before their annual high school soccer run this morning at 7. I will go back to bed when he leaves shortly and hope I can sleep.

Normally I have a class on my calendar every Monday at 8:30, but a) it's Martin Luther King Holiday, so no school, and b) it's a hybrid class, and this semester every Monday they have lectures I have previously prepared and posted, so I have nothing to do for Mondays. But I don't take it off my calendar so I'm always clear on Mondays until 10.

Going back to sleep hopefully until about 9...

Last Post Wins

Up at 7:30 to find what looks to be more snow from the “clipper” system that’s moving through than snowmageddon from last week..... I think they said we still have another band coming in.

Supposed to get snow here Tuesday. This will be funny. Have a mediation Tuesday scheduled with two lawyers from Chicago flying in for the mediation. They're going to laugh at us when the city shuts down as I suspect. Just hoping the "snowstorm" will be delayed until Tuesday night. Wednesday will be a mess; I'm expecting everything to shut down then.