Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

anybody ever replaced a back up camera in your car?

I have a bad back up camera and it needs replacing. Sometimes the screen is black, sometimes the image is upside down, and sometimes it is correct. Was going to get the camera from the dealer but they don't sell just the camera, you have to buy the entire trunk trim package so paint has to match, etc.... but thanks to Amazon, I can get "just the camara with wiring plug. Car is a 2013 Maseratti Ghibli so I don't think it is that hard. Debating tackling it myself but can't find anything on Youtube. I suspect its no different than most back up cameras. Any suggestions, or just take it to "my guy" and have them do it?
    Last edited by Doc; Today at 04:47 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Rupp's Runt

Re: anybody ever replaced a back up camera in your car?

I'd probably start on it, then take it to your guy after I got pissed at the car for no other reason than my lack of patience.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    I'd probably start on it, then take it to your guy after I got pissed at the car for no other reason than my lack of patience.
    Obviously you have seen me work on cars. Usually I #### it up and end up paying more to have my fixed. Of course my approach on computer repair is similar. I usually work on it long enough to get pissed, then I smash it and buy a new one.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

My son did it for his car (Nissan), and I think he said it was pretty easy. He did not inherit my technical skills, though, so he's more capable than I am.

anybody ever replaced a back up camera in your car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire