Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 101 of 150 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,030 of 4478

Thread: Last Post Wins

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I'm just putting it a rice paddy. It is more amenable to our weather, looks nice, and I eat better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Last Post Wins

I got 2/3rds of my yard mowed this afternoon before the rain chased my mower back into the shed. I will have to rake and bale the other 1/3rd later this week.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

My rice is doing nicely. I ran the AC runoff into the paddy just for when we get more than 24 hours without rain, which is rare.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Once it gets 3-4 inches tall you need to turn off the water and let it grow. Water if drought conditions plague the area. Otherwise let mother nature take care of the crop with regular rainfall.

This won't work with Asian lowland rice, but upland rice grown in the USA works this way.
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

MN - Rain, not all day, grass growing
    TU - Rain, not all day, grass growing
    WD - Rain, most of the day, grass growing
    TH - TBD

Edit: TH - no rain yet (6:00 pm est) grass cut.

Last edited by blueboss; 05-28-2020 at 04:48 PM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Rained enough at our house in BG today to keep my mower in the shed. Few more days of this and I will have to invest in a small round baler.
    seeya
    dan

Mowed during a brief shower.
    Was desparate, either that or bush hog and I was very fearful the tractor would sink to the axles.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Last Post Wins

^^You all might consider a goat or two.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Rained enough at our house in BG today to keep my mower in the shed. Few more days of this and I will have to invest in a small round baler.
    I thought they outlawed the round bales? Something about the cattle not getting a square meal....
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    I thought they outlawed the round bales? Something about the cattle not getting a square meal....
    ...just stop

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    You may win this thread yet. No one will have the guts to click on it if this keeps up.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    ^^You all might consider a goat or two.

Hey buddy...we may not be able to get a date, but we're not stooping that low. Not yet, anyway.

Seems like it has rained for 7-8 straight days here in Louisville.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Hey buddy...we may not be able to get a date, but we're not stooping that low. Not yet, anyway.
    Nothing better to do on a rainy day... just say’n.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Hey, who's the bad twin in this gig anyway?

Saw a spider on my keyboard but it’s under CTRL now.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Yesterday was a glorious day in BG. Got the rest of my yard mowed and baled then just to make everything even, I mowed the other 2/3rds again.
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

Unbelievably quiet in my yard without the incessant noise of the grass growing.

Will be wishing for rain by week’s end.

Busy day today....man, what a Monday.

Got through mowing my lawn again and what a joy; didn't need the fins and a snorkel...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Got through mowing my lawn again and what a joy; didn't need the fins and a snorkel...
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Hey, yard is on a twice a week schedule and since I been working from home, that is some of my prayin' time.
    I was thankful for the break in the weather...

Last Post Wins

Might get in a whole week with no rain.

50% chance her in BG tomorrow and Friday, then the remnants of the tropical something should hit by first of next week.
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

Something I noticed today was our top three threads fr most of the day were

1) Home defense shotgun question
    2) Gun question
    3) Truck batteries

...not judging, just say’n, merely an observation.

Last edited by blueboss; 06-03-2020 at 05:21 PM.

Odd why everyone wants to shoot their truck
    seeya
    dan

It's the south. Can't go wrong in a group of guys bringing up guns or vehicles.

Last Post Wins

Next would be weight loss, TV and movies.

Who’s the family analyst?

Bombino

I fell down an internet rabbit hole this weekend and discovered a cool fact about Lexington: For those that like typing and/or touch-type there are very few keyboards better than the old IBM Model M "buckling spring" computer keyboards. What I didn't realize is that these keyboards were manufactured in Lexington, KY; first by IBM and then in the spun-off Lexmark. When IBM decided to switch to cheaper countries of manufacture, Lexmark discontinued production. A couple of Lexmark engineers purchased the entire keyboard production line (equipment, dies, etc.) and spun it off as its own company: Unicomp. To this day, Unicomp still manufactures these keyboards by hand in Lexington, KY using the same equipment and techniques as the original Model M's. They aren't exactly cheap (~$100) but aren't expensive by boutique keyboard standards and will pretty much last forever.

http://www.unicomp.com

I knew we made the old ones here. Didn't know about unicomp. I may check them out. It is one of the best keyboards ever made.

Googled and they're over on Henry Clay Blvd on the industrial/commercial end.

I've gotten so used to laptop chicklets I don't know if I could go back, but I sure cut my teeth on them and long term they are a fabulous keyboard b/c of the tactile and auditory feedback.