Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 72 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,160 of 4478

Thread: Last Post Wins

Re: Last Post Wins

I love the steel cut oats but you have to actually cook them instead of just zapping them in the microwave.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    I love the steel cut oats but you have to actually cook them instead of just zapping them in the microwave.
    They're OK in the microwave, but you have to cook them slow, at a low power setting. Defeats the purpose of the microwave.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Steel cut oats??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oatmeal, basically, just the type you have to cook instead of instant oatmeal. Pretty bland. I add one tablespoon of cinnamon sugar (20 calories) to one serving of oats (150 calories) and it gives it flavor. Not overwhelming flavor but enough. You won't mistake it for instant brown sugar cinnamon oatmeal. You should add fruit or flaxseed or something to it, but I go with easy and good enough.

It's a healthier, more fiber, etc. oatmeal. I make more than one serving, put the rest in the refrigerator, THEN use the microwave to reheat it. I find it loses some consistency that way and I either have to add a little water or just eat it like that. I'm not too particular.

Last Post Wins

Never been a fan of oat meal. I don’t really dislike it, it’s just never been that appealing. I’d rather eat an apple or some other fruit with yogurt and maybe granola.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

I like oatmeal, would do overnight oatmeal and just with salt all the time except for the carbs. I don't need the sugar and stuff in it, but even just the oats is a lot of carbs.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

They do have a lot of carbs but the steel cut have a lower glycemic index than rolled oats and lower the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.

I'll be honest. The reason I use the steel cut oats is that they're longer to digest and make me feel full longer on a smaller portion. Anything else is gravy (so to speak). Oh, and I'm big about fiber right now, too, and they're a little better there as well.

Anything beats the instant oatmeal, though. That was what I had been using. Rolled oats are fine, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    They do have a lot of carbs but the steel cut have a lower glycemic index than rolled oats and lower the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
    They do, and would be my choice. I need to eat some, they also lower bad cholesterol. It's not like i'm staying away from carbs right now anyway.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

3 days is a long time...

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    3 days is a long time...

Not long enough.

Not to a geologist.

3 minutes is a long time.

To some head coaches. Former head coaches.

Three minutes is a year's worth of "time" to that particular former head coach.

Last Post Wins

This is the kind of day when I step outside and realize there’s more to life than some stupid sport like college basketball. I’ll get over it though and start thinking about who’s going to win the derby or something lol.

So you younger folks learn from us veterans and our mistakes:

When she says she doesn't want anything or want to do anything for Valentine's Day, IGNORE HER.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Sage advice

For the first time in a long time. 1:54, dang.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Last Post Wins

2:00... of course this damn flu isn’t helping anything

In the 70s Monday, 80 yesterday, dropping into the 40s today. As my Mamaw would say, good weather to get sick.

(Mamaw wasn't necessarily an optimist.)
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    In the 70s Monday, 80 yesterday, dropping into the 40s today. As my Mamaw would say, good weather to get sick.

(Mamaw wasn't necessarily an optimist.)
    But, she was pretty dang accurate...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    But, she was pretty dang accurate...
    Absolutely. She was sweet, but a hard life gave her a realistic view of things.

Last Post Wins

Soggy Bottom Boys comes to mind on a day like today... still raining hard.

http://en.musicplayon.com/Soggy-Bott...eo-924773.html

Last edited by blueboss; 02-24-2018 at 06:34 PM.

Rained all dang day. But I'll be grateful, looks like heavy stuff up north.

No rain today, but the mighty Ohio has not crested yet. A lot of people along the river are facing challenges, but when the water recedes, cleanup (think MUD) will be a real female dog.

I’m fortunate to live away from the river, as does my family, but a lot of people are not so lucky.

Even people just doing sight seeing toseethe high water are sometimes getting in the way of people who are being flooded, taking up parking spaces, making traffic bad, etc.

Some of the parking lots and garages in Cincinnati are going to be closed tomorrow, so people working there will have that challenge too.

It’s not a tragedy with a lot of deaths and injuries, but there is a lot of damage.

Last Post Wins

How often does the river get that high? It kinda took me off guard.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    We’re just a little short of the 97’ levels.

Once 3very few decades. 1997 was the last time, though the Licking River was the big story then.

It gets high 3very late winter or spring, but years like this are rare

Last Post Wins

97’ flood crested at 38.8, today we were at 36.1, should crest today/tonight.

Last Post Wins