Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 62 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 4478

Thread: Last Post Wins

As Charles Barkley would say... Turrible. Just turrible.

Last Post Wins

Snapped out of it last night after 11 losses in a row. They held on to a 5-3 win after Jensen loaded'm up with one out in the bottom of the ninth. Jensen gave up three base hits in a row, which has never happened. He managed to strike out the last two to strand three.

Anyway the win clinched them a spot.

Jeez-a-loo...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Watching Spain Park and Hoover play a heck of a game on TV. I'm wondering if my buddy, MickintheHam is in the stands. I bet he is.

I know the Spain Park punter well, as he's a former teammate of my son in club soccer for many years. Also know their kicker, who played with my son's team one year, too. Jay Barker, the former Alabama quarterback (when they won the 1992 national title-I always liken him to Anthony Epps at Kentucky) has his son playing quarterback for Spain Park. Lot of little tidbits making this a fun game to watch.

Last Post Wins

Back to summer... upper 80's

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Last Post Wins

Picked up a fall/summer cold apparently. Man....

Krispy Kreme glazed mini pies are going to be the death of me.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Last Post Wins

So the MLB team with the best record in the majors lost two in a row to the team with the second worst team in the majors...

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Krispy Kreme glazed mini pies are going to be the death of me.
    Ooh, those sound good, but I don't know what they are. Maybe it's best that I don't know what they are. There is a Krispy Kreme not three miles from me. Not ½ mile from my office. Closer than that.

Just walk there and back. Nah it may require running.

Don't click the video unless you are prepared to die laughing....

I follow an awesome account on Twitter, Super 70s Sports. Why is it awesome? Because it posts stuff like this:

https://twitter.com/Super70sSports/s...92670390403072

You're welcome.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Which one is you?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Definitely not the guy in the middle-my hair won't do that. But if it could I guarantee I'd have it out there at least that big. I'd go full-on ABA.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Last Post Wins

Clinched .636!!!

The weather in Louisville is decidedly un-pumpkin spicelike.

Last Post Wins

Bird hunting today... it's gonna be a hot one! They'll fly late.

Had a good discussion recently concerning how dangerous soccer was as a sport.

This week my son's competitive club team had two players tear their ACL, a forward and a center defender who tore his ACL last year. And the younger brother of a third teammate tore his ACL last week as well.

2 day rule. I win.

How do they say it in Football?

The previous play is under review...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    2 day rule. I win.
    I won a long time ago

Last Post Wins

As Yogi once said, "it ain't over til it's over!"

Gotta have staying power.

Last Post Wins

This has been the worst two weeks for kids in local soccer I remember. In addition to my son's two teammates tearing their ACL, and the younger brother of a teammate tearing his ACL, I just learned that Friday night his high school soccer teammate tore his ACL in their football game. Just awful.

As the weather starts to get cooler I start to think about making some stews and slow cooker meals. Was reading up on beef bourginon recipes the other night. Today: gumbo. Had a killer bowl of gumbo at Fisherman's Corner on our recent trip to Perdido Key. Really wanting some today. I've never tried making it myself because a good gumbo seemed too daunting. But gonna give one a shot before too long.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 09-29-2017 at 02:40 PM.

Used to love a good New Orleans gumbo before my shellfish allergies kicked in. Nothing better, except possibly crawfish etouffee (again, before I became shellfish-allergic).

Crawdad Etouffee, making my mouth water just thinking about it.
    I admit to being a little naive and I thought Joe's crabshack had a pretty fair one, until I visited New Orleans and had a REAL one...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Crawdad Etouffee, making my mouth water just thinking about it.
    I admit to being a little naive and I thought Joe's crabshack had a pretty fair one, until I visited New Orleans and had a REAL one...
    Oh, my. Until you have visited New Orleans, anything else related to crawfish is just a weak sister. At best.

One of the shows I watch on my phone at night when I wake up in the middle of the night is NCIS New Orleans. I watched a show last night. I got a craving for New Orleans seafood, one of those hole-in-the-wall places I used to go to that you wouldn't even notice as you passed it on the street that made the best food anybody has ever tasted.

I was lucky to have lived in New Orleans when I was interviewing for a bunch of jobs, and was wined and dined at some of the best restaurants--Commander's Palace, Antoine's, Galatoire's, Court of Two Sisters, you name it--and then got job, got married and lived a couple of years thereafter with two income, no kids, and plenty of money to enjoy the finer things. But from my experience, the best food came where it was least expected, and won't make any of the "fine restaurant" lists.

I have to make a trip back soon.

For the life of me, I can't remember the name of the place, it had a dark red motif on the inside, it was odd shaped in that the layout made no sense, I want to say it was located on a corner and the food was so good I bet their dishwater was rather tasty.
    We were there in July of 2005...I don't recall the name of the place but I sure do remember how good the food was.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    As the weather starts to get cooler I start to think about making some stews and slow cooker meals. Was reading up on beef bourginon recipes the other night. Today: gumbo. Had a killer bowl of gumbo at Fisherman's Corner on our recent trip to Perdido Key. Really wanting some today. I've never tried making it myself because a good gumbo seemed too daunting. But gonna give one a shot before too long.
    Fishermans Corner is one of our favorites at Perdido.

It's usually our first stop upon arriving. After arriving we get the condo squared away and then go to Fisherman's Corner for a late lunch.... they have the best grilled shrimp poboy ever. Then during our stay we go back at least twice for dinner. I've never had their gumbo, I can't pass up the lobster bisque.

Made stew last week and some chili yesterday even tho its going back up into the 80's this week. Might do gumbo next week. The secret is to start with a good roux.