Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 125 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,750 of 4480

Thread: Last Post Wins

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    I thought you were going to say she turned around and slapped you.
    No, it was more of a wink and a nod, with a wry smile…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blueboss; 07-24-2021 at 12:25 PM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Last Post Wins

We are packing up to move.

It's not enjoyable.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post

It's not enjoyable.
    Well, it just got even less enjoyable. Our buyer's financing fell through. Not closing next week as planned, may have to relist the house.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Well that sucks. Why didn’t they get pre-approved before they started shopping?
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Last Post Wins

It's not enjoyable.
    From where? To? If you don’t mind me asking?

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Well that sucks. Why didn’t they get pre-approved before they started shopping?
    They were pre-approved and everything looked rock solid on their financing. They (and we) thought we were closing this Friday.

Their mortgage company's underwriting department won't write their loan due to a missed payment last year during Covid. The buyers thought (and reported) it was under a Government deferment program but instead their mortgage company called it a forebearance, which is worse and apparently disqualifies them under the loan program they were applying under.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    From where? To? If you don’t mind me asking?
    No problem! Moving from Louisville (Jtown) and kind of splitting our residences. We're buying a place in The Villages, FL, where Mrs. BEvans will be living most of the time, and I'll be getting a little place close to Fort Knox, where I work. I'll be flying down a lot.

We had some damage from the February ice storm and had to do some work on our house, and we decided to go ahead and list our house while the market's hot. We're empty nesters so it's too big for us and we know where we want to retire, and Mrs. BEvans is already retired, anyway, so we decided to pull the trigger. It's been a busy, stressful summer, and the only thing worse than getting a house ready to list is getting it ready to list twice. But we feel good about our plan and hopefully everything will go through this time.

Last Post Wins

^^heard a lot of good things about The Villages, would like to hear updates from time to time.

Steve Gadd's drum solo/outro on Aja by Steely Dan is ridiculous. Just listened to that song again and had to get that heard before the jury.

https://youtu.be/fG2seugAgnU?t=416
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 08-18-2021 at 01:22 PM.

Last Post Wins

I should get an “atta boy” for making it three weeks….

Steve Gadd's drum solo/outro on Aja by Steely Dan is ridiculous. Just listened to that song again and had to get that heard before the jury.

https://youtu.be/fG2seugAgnU?t=416
    I would be glad to listen to the drum work if they would get rid of the accompanying music.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

^Ask, and ye shall receive:

Last Post Wins

Going to be another hot one here in the Ohio River Vally. 96-97 with high humidity, hot air you can wear.

Last Post Wins

My son has soccer practice at 6 am and 1:30 pm. Heat index will be 115° this afternoon there. At least they stopped their 6:30 pm practices this week, too that they had last week before school started.

^Ask, and ye shall receive:

Mot bad. Thanks for the link
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    My son has soccer practice at 6 am and 1:30 pm. Heat index will be 115° this afternoon there. At least they stopped their 6:30 pm practices this week, too that they had last week before school started.
    Normally I would just edit this post, but you know, that whole "Last Post Wins" thing…

I sent my son a text message this morning telling him what the heat index would be and to remember to hydrate all morning. He told me it was brutal yesterday, so much so they had to take a "4 minute break." LOL. He says he's used to it but I'm not sure you can really get used to that, can you?

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Normally I would just edit this post, but you know, that whole "Last Post Wins" thing…

I sent my son a text message this morning telling him what the heat index would be and to remember to hydrate all morning. He told me it was brutal yesterday, so much so they had to take a "4 minute break." LOL. He says he's used to it but I'm not sure you can really get used to that, can you?
    You can get used to it to a certain degree, (no pun intended) but you can not get used to it when you can no longer perspire and your internal body temp rapidly rises out of control and can hit 106 in just a few minutes. Can't get used to that until you are dead.

When I worked out doors all spring, summer, and fall, I was fine working in the 95 degree heat, while others that were used to 72 degree office temps could not stand that at all. To that effect, I "got used to it" and they did not.

Last
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 08-24-2021 at 09:22 AM.
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    You can get used to it to a certain degree, (no pun intended) but you can not get used to it when you can no longer perspire and your internal body temp rapidly rises out of control and can hit 106 in just a few minutes. Can't get used to that until you are dead.

When I worked out doors all spring, summer, and fall, I was fine working in the 95 degree heat, while others that were used to 72 degree office temps could not stand that at all. To that effect, I "got used to it" and they did not.

Last
    LOL.

I enjoy running when it is between 90 and 95° but only to an extent. As I have aged, I have found that more difficult. And I'm only out in the sun for about 40 minutes at a time when I do that.

Oh, I responded to my son's text about the four minute break and laughed about it. He said that was four times longer break than they normally got during a practice.

I remember in HS a buddy and I would wait until the hottest part of the day to go play tennis. We wanted to make it even more challenging. We were also stupid.

But this was back when coaches said hydrating during practice would make you weak. They'd throw a bunch of salt tablets at you and tell you to take a lap.

Last Post Wins

…and it’s going to be even hotter today, with actual temps being in the upper 90’s. Index’s will be be in the low 100’s, expected to be around 101-103.

Last edited by blueboss; 08-25-2021 at 06:39 AM.

Ever notice how a chicken breaths thru it's mouth when it is hot? Just further proof that chickens are dumb. Very important to breath in thru the nose and out thru the mouth as this is the most effective way to exchange oxygen thru the lungs.

Don't be a mouth breather when it is hot.
    seeya
    dan

It’s 86 degrees in Chantilly Va.

Last Post Wins

Didn’t make it, a front moved through around 3:00 drenched the scorched earth and dropped temps 10 degrees…thank you Jesus.

I love September! The oppressive heat finally breaks, football season starts….
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Last Post Wins

Still pretty toasty here, low humidity but still upper 80’s low 90’s

High has been 78 here in BG
    seeya
    dan

Today in America we're expecting widespread levels of hazy ignorance and foggy minds, with isolated thundering stupidity. We expect the Washington hot air stream to create a category 5 level of inaccuracy and misunderstanding followed by stunning levels of inaction.

Oh, and it will be sunny in Lexvegas apparently.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

Beautiful nights, good camping weather for those who choose to.

Is Darrell ok? I haven’t seen him posting lately - did he finally get sick of us?

I did see him tweet a couple of times

CBBN said the other day that he is OK. Apparently he has had a lot on his plate and finally found some time to decompress and is just hanging out in the background somewhere.
    seeya
    dan

He's like Santa Claus. Or the NSA. Always watching.....
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.