Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 83 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,490 of 4478

Thread: Last Post Wins

Re: Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I’m old, I remember before they had the scroll, and you had to wait for them to read through the list. We’d have the TV on as well as a couple different radios on different stations to get who’d read them first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Growing up in Greenup County, there were few things sweeter as a kid than to wake up, see snow, turn on WIRO 1230 AM and hear the morning guy (I think it was the great Ronnie Bell) intone deeply, "ALL SCHOOLS ARE CLOSED." Didn't have to wait for him to read the list and hope your school was on it--just go right back to bed.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 02-01-2019 at 09:59 AM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

So I had to look. I knew it was a wet 2018, but wow.

Lexington's average precip is 45.21 inches. for 2018 we were just over 70 inches. SEVENTY. Two feet over average, and the all time record for Lexington for the years recorded.

I don't think it's let up a bit in January of this year either. We get about 3.19" in January on average, not sure if we've beaten it in total rain, but I don't think we've gone more than 3 days without rain in a while.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Growing up in Greenup County, there were few things sweeter as a kid than to wake up, see snow, turn on WIRO 1230 AM and hear the morning guy (I think it was the great Ronnie Bell) intone deeply, "ALL SCHOOLS ARE CLOSED." Didn't have to wait for him to read the list and hope your school was on it--just go right back to bed.
    I can’t remember the DJ, but as kids we got the good news from WLAP, in Lexington. There was another AM channel, (I’m must be getting old) which I can’t remember their call letters.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    So I had to look. I knew it was a wet 2018, but wow.

Lexington's average precip is 45.21 inches. for 2018 we were just over 70 inches. SEVENTY. Two feet over average, and the all time record for Lexington for the years recorded.

I don't think it's let up a bit in January of this year either. We get about 3.19" in January on average, not sure if we've beaten it in total rain, but I don't think we've gone more than 3 days without rain in a while.
    And we're getting a ton more this week, too. I like the mild temps but hate the gray skies and constant rain. I think I'd rather have Polar Vortex and sun. I miss the sun.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Sick of the rain. 2018 was roughly 55% over average, and so far this year I'm betting it's as bad or worse, esp. after this week.

I now have leaks in two roofs, but I need a week of decently warm, dry weather to fix them. Not sure that will ever happen again.

Maybe it's not global warming, maybe the good Lord decided to just re-do the flood thing on a bigger scale this time.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Hey it’s snowing! No, it’s sleeting. Hey it’s snowing again! No, it’s sleeting.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

My general attitude today is "I can't even." Getting ready to have 5 days off Thursday-Monday and I feel like Phil Ford in the old UNC 4 Corners offense, dribbling out the clock.

Last Post Wins

I got about 90 minutes sleep last night. I have been "working" at home today.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I got about 90 minutes sleep last night. I have been "working" at home today.
    Yep, see insomnia thread...

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Thank you Mother Nature, we get a sunny morning.

I hope it doesn't dry out my mud too much. It's nice and thick and soupy, just like I like it.

Just saw a tweet that the Red Bar in Grayton Beach FL burned down:

https://twitter.com/vegasbedwards/st...67270012096514

Terrible news.

Terrible news.

Last Post Wins

Terrible news.
    Oh, man...

Twitter isn't good for much, but one account I follow is WW2 Tweets from 1941, which "live tweets" events from that year that are happening on the corresponding day.

So one of the tweets from that account today is the first use of penicillin on a human. Albert Alexander had scratched himself on a rose bush and it became infected to the point he was near death. He was injected with penicillin on this date in 1941, and overnight his fever dropped and his infection began to heal.

Unfortunately, scientists had been unable to extract enough penicillin to see him through his course of treatment. Eventually he relapsed and died on March 15. But this showed penicillin could be used safely on humans. One point in our timeline where we could say human existence would never be the same.

Last Post Wins

Interesting.

I have started reducing the number of accounts that I follow, and instead putting them on a list. These are the non-time sensitive, not breaking news kind of accounts.

For example, I have a list for motivational Coaching. I pull it up about once a day to skim it and see if there is something I would like to share with my son or daughter, usually. I have another for high school soccer accounts. Another for college baseball.

That way my Timeline is a little less cluttered, yet all the information I seek about certain areas is available in a neat, clutter-free, organized way when I want it. I'm going to try to do some more and reduce follows.

^Good thought. I do that with local weather guys. Most of the time I don't need them and have them on mute, but if there's a bad winter weather possibility I can go to that list.

That's a very good suggestion on the weather.

Apparently, we're going to be getting the rain you guys have been receiving for weeks. My son's soccer team plays on a natural grass field. We are thrilled with that 95% of the time, since we greatly prefer natural grass to the generally poor turf fields that are located in this area. But with the rain we are having, the home game schedule tonight has already been canceled, and I'm sure the home game that is scheduled Thursday night will also be canceled. It will just be too wet.

Tweet today from a high school soccer program in the area....

Chelsea HS Boys Soccer @ChelseaHSSoccer
    20m
    Soccer coaches checking their fields today:

https://video.twimg.com/tweet_video/Dzyv2bIXQAA8vdJ.mp4

Well, it's raining again.

I don't think we have had 3 straight dry days in a year. I'm not sure it's man made climate change, but maybe God doing a redux on the flood b/c he thought it worked better than fire and brimstone.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 02-19-2019 at 11:15 PM.

Last Post Wins

Not to make light of the constant deluge of rain, but I’m warm and dry inside watching my brand new LG OLED TV.

Holy wow! Some picture!!!

In an attempt to jump-start spring, I'm listening to the Beatles' Abbey Road album. Always sounds like spring to me, for some reason.

In an attempt to jump-start spring, I'm listening to the Beatles' Abbey Road album. Always sounds like spring to me, for some reason.
    I am about ready for summer myself. The rains of spring are driving me crazy. I don't mind the cold weather. I don't like rain. I would not do well in Seattle.

Well, I thought that we might be able to get tonight's soccer game in, but they have already canceled it. Apparently it was scheduled on another grass field. Right now, those are pretty much underwater.

The girls teams are involved in a tournament this weekend, but they have moved all of the games to schools with artificial turf fields. This is relevant to me, because they expect the boys team to both work the games as ball boys, and the parents to work the games as field marshals and concession workers and gate workers.

My wife and I signed up to volunteer, originally scheduled at our school, which is about 4 miles or less from our house. Instead, our new venue is at Pinson high school, which is a 60 mile round-trip. Oh, joy. I am already going to miss the Kentucky versus Auburn game because of it.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Well, I thought that we might be able to get tonight's soccer game in, but they have already canceled it. Apparently it was scheduled on another grass field. Right now, those are pretty much underwater.

The girls teams are involved in a tournament this weekend, but they have moved all of the games to schools with artificial turf fields. This is relevant to me, because they expect the boys team to both work the games as ball boys, and the parents to work the games as field marshals and concession workers and gate workers.

My wife and I signed up to volunteer, originally scheduled at our school, which is about 4 miles or less from our house. Instead, our new venue is at Pinson high school, which is a 60 mile round-trip. Oh, joy. I am already going to miss the Kentucky versus Auburn game because of it.
    Man!! You went all in on the whole parenting thing... but I get it, I turned down decent lowers at Rupp Saturday due to my eight year old grandson’s basketball tourney.

They were regular season champs so they drew a one seed, they play the four seed at 9:00, if/when they win they’ll be in championship at 3:00

You think we'd forget, Mister Where's the Snow?

in fairness, we have had almost no snow, but 4,700 inches of rain a month is making up for it.

Yeah, I guess I had that one coming. Just to be clear about my thoughts on winter:

--My favorite winter sport is drinking a tropical drink someplace tropical.

--If it's going to be cold, give me snow.

--The winter weather I hate is gray skies and cold rain. In other words, exactly what we've had the last 2 winters. I feel like I've moved to Elbonia.

Elbonia.jpg
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 02-22-2019 at 10:25 AM.

In honor of George Harrison's birthday, my top 3 George songs:

1. Here Comes The Sun (my all-time favorite song, period)

2. Taxman

3. Something
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 02-25-2019 at 01:53 PM.

Last Post Wins

In honor of George Harrison's birthday, my top 3 George songs:

1. Here Comes The Sun (my all-time favorite song, period)

2. Taxman

3. Something
    Gotta have some

While My Guitar Gently Weeps

When I heard Tyler Herro's "I'm A Bucket" comment for some reason it took me back to when my older child was a little girl and just learning to talk. She would say "I'm a fote," and Mrs. BEvans and I couldn't figure out what she meant. We'd just agree with her and go on. It took a couple of years for us to realize she was saying "I'm a folk." She couldn't pronounce her "K" sound early on and said it as a "T," so "cookie" was "cootie," "park" was "part," etc. So we would sometimes say, "Let's go folks," and she thought we were all a "folk," which she pronounced as "fote."

So just know that when Herro says he's a bucket, I'm thinking of my now 29 y/o saying that she's a fote.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 02-27-2019 at 07:47 AM.

Funny how we will remember things...there's UK basketball bringing a smile to you for family reasons.