Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 71 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,130 of 4478

Thread: Last Post Wins

Re: Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Up at 7:30 to find what looks to be more snow from the “clipper” system that’s moving through than snowmageddon from last week..... I think they said we still have another band coming in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, we were supposed to get an inch or less--woke up to 5 inches on my back deck in Jtown. Snow day at work, too--driving the wife to work and then "working" from home today.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

About 4" off additional from before and the drive, even though it was a short one, was treacherous in every sense of the word.
    Stay safe out there guys and gals...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Off to replace my car battery! Amazing what cold weather does.

(It's at least a three year old battery. I'm not upset.)

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Off to replace my car battery! Amazing what cold weather does.

(It's at least a three year old battery. I'm not upset.)
    Didn’t you just go through this exercise not long ago?

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Last Post Wins

Didn’t you just go through this exercise not long ago?

Probably. I have six cars at my house, so it's inevitable that I'm buying batteries regularly!

Who was it that was in need of one down in the L A Area a couple of years ago? It is heck getting old.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Who was it that was in need of one down in the L A Area a couple of years ago? It is heck getting old.
    It wasn't blueboss, was it?

EDIT--didn't find the original post, but a follow-up post he made:

Battery charging advice
    You might recall my battery woes last spring while in FL. I started at Auto Zone as Pappy suggested where they determined that it wasn't the alternator or some other electronic issue. They told the battery still had life and it just needed a charge and since it was closing time they didn't have enough time to charge it. I bought a jump box ($50) so I could keep rolling.

The next morning I took the car to a repair shop (Gulf Shores), where they put the car on the charger for about an hour using the full charge mode. After driving twenty or so miles back to condo I turned the car off and I tried starting it...dead again. I think at that point I did the smart thing and got my lap top out and came here and asked you guys. I think it was Pappy that recommended a shop in Gulf Shores. They told me I still had a few months of warranty left on my battery and replaced it for free.

Bottom line figure out where you got it or who carries what you've got...it may still have some warranty left on it.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 01-17-2018 at 10:55 PM.

Last Post Wins

Yep, that was me... you guys saved the day.

It should noted... its 3:27am

Last edited by blueboss; 01-18-2018 at 02:26 AM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

I had completely forgotten who it was, just that it happened to someone, or I had a dream it happened to someone, or ..., or...what was I talking about again?

Last Post Wins

I had completely forgotten who it was, just that it happened to someone, or I had a dream it happened to someone, or ..., or...what was I talking about again?
    Why? What happened?

2:53 am

Old-timers, stroke, mental midget.
    Take your pick.
    3:15 right on time.

Last Post Wins

3:06 am

9:37 a.m.

Oh, I thought we were posting for those people who don't have watches...

Its not 9:37 though. Its 9:47.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

It's 5 o'clock somewhere

U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Last Post Wins

0200 est

1:20 pm GMT

Last Post Wins

I got a 30 Lb box of peanuts (in the shell) from a supplier. I now have 17 large zip lock bags of peanuts.

I got a 30 Lb box of peanuts (in the shell) from a supplier. I now have 17 large zip lock bags of peanuts.

Found a peanut, found a peanut,
    Found a peanut just now,
    Just now I found a peanut,
    Found a peanut just now.

Sounds like you could open your own 5 Guys now. Or maybe a Texas Roadhouse.

Last Post Wins

I think I’ll have few peanuts... mmmm!

Eating almonds. Eat 4 or 5 at a time, now the 3rd time through. I skipped lunch, though.

Last Post Wins

0400... or at least close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Eating almonds. Eat 4 or 5 at a time, now the 3rd time through. I skipped lunch, though.
    Nuts are one of those things where I have no discipline. If you put the whole can/bag in front of me I'll just keep eating until they're gone.

Also in that category: ice cream, shrimp, tacos. No connection between them I think--I just know I have to exercise strict portion control or it's over.

I *can*, too. But at work, I have six cans of almonds* in my credenza drawer. I take out 4 or 5 almonds out, sometimes 6 (40 calories) at a time, and eat one at a time. I could just throw all of them in my mouth at the same time and then reach for another handful. I immediately put the lid back on and put it in the drawer, and shut the drawer. It's my mind's way of telling me I'm done. Oh, the other small trick I've done--it has a tinfoil "sealant" on top of it--you know what I'm talking about, even though I'm not calling it the right name--and rather than pull the entire thing off, I have just pulled it back a short way. That way I turn over the can, and sort of shake out a few almonds, rather than reach my grubby hand in and grab.

As an appetite suppressant, it works pretty well. I drink some water with it, or even coffee, and in about 5 minutes, the hunger pangs are gone. It's not a permanent solution, but can get me past the vending machine honey bun or peanut butter crackers.

* My wife got the Almonds at a buy one, get one free sale, so she picked up 8 cans. I took six to the office. Should last awhile, but there is nothing worse than being hungry at the office with a vending machine as the only source of quick food.

I'm a big believer in the low carb thing, at least for me. I can eat all the nuts i want. All the cheese, meat, etc., as long as no carbs. If I do that I drop weight. So I'm not ever hungry on it, I just a) get tired of eating the same things, and b) find it hard to eat them when I go out b/c everything on menus just about is loaded with carbs.

But when I'm on it, it's not about calories, so I eat a lot of nuts. Also other than peanuts they're kinda pricey, so that's another issue.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I pick up bags of shelled pecans and walnuts at the supermarket and eat a few every couple of hours in place of breakfast and lunch. Gets me to dinner then I eat whatever but I do try to watch the carbs even then, which is really hard to do when there's biscuits and mashed potatoes like last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    I pick up bags of shelled pecans and walnuts at the supermarket and eat a few every couple of hours in place of breakfast and lunch. Gets me to dinner then I eat whatever but I do try to watch the carbs even then, which is really hard to do when there's biscuits and mashed potatoes like last night.
    That's an interesting take. I may try that when I get tired of my steel cut oats OR boiled eggs OR cheerios & banana for breakfast; the same for lunch diet.

Last Post Wins

Steel cut oats??