Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 134 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,020 of 4478

Thread: Last Post Wins

Re: Last Post Wins

Tried to get some yard work done today but didn’t get it all done before it got hot. 88 now :/

Last Post Wins

I went to run 4+ miles. My path took me by my car at 2.7. That's enough. I'm too old for this foolishness.

Must be nice to have a car that knows when to go pick you up.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Must be nice to have a car that knows when to go pick you up.
    It was yesterday!

Last Post Wins

This afternoon I cut the lower piece of my property affectionately referred to as “the lowlands”.

It has a couple of under ground springs that make their way up and flow to a creek. When we have a lot of rain in the spring, which we have this spring, it hold water and stays swampy for a while.

I have to cut it with a push mower due to it being soggy. It’s about 3/4 of an acre …. After coming off Covid, I discovered my energy level has not returned yet. It damn near killed me and it took a half hour longer than the normal hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    This afternoon I cut the lower piece of my property affectionately referred to as “the lowlands”.

It has a couple of under ground springs that make their way up and flow to a creek. When we have a lot of rain in the spring, which we have this spring, it hold water and stays swampy for a while.

I have to cut it with a push mower due to it being soggy. It’s about 3/4 of an acre …. After coming off Covid, I discovered my energy level has not returned yet. It damn near killed me and it took a half hour longer than the normal hour.

Affects everybody differently, but your fatigue is pretty consistent with a lot of people from it. What you did wasn't easy and you just got over it.

I read a story yesterday about Lionel Messi, one of the most well conditioned athletes in the world, talking about how he was still recovering 1-1/2 months later and couldn't run like normal. This is one of the fastest athletes in the world who happens to run about 8 miles in a game.

If he's fatigued, what chance do any of us have?

Take it easy, Blueboss.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Affects everybody differently, but your fatigue is pretty consistent with a lot of people from it. What you did wasn't easy and you just got over it.

I read a story yesterday about Lionel Messi, one of the most well conditioned athletes in the world, talking about how he was still recovering 1-1/2 months later and couldn't run like normal. This is one of the fastest athletes in the world who happens to run about 8 miles in a game.

If he's fatigued, what chance do any of us have?

Take it easy, Blueboss.
    Mowed the yard and ran the weed eater this afternoon… so now all the grass cutting is caught up. It has taken a toll on me… I’m pooped, but now I can relax for a few days.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

There can be only one.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

My wife (non-coffee drinker) gets tired of me sharing those articles with her. But I saw that one and shared it with her and my daughter (both of us are coffee drinkers). Have shared numerous articles about coffee staving off dementia, Alzheimer's, et al as well.

The older I get, the more I subscribe to the "everything in moderation" is best for you mantra. Don't drink a pot of coffee. Don't have a six-pack of beer every night. But a couple/few cups of coffee; a couple/few beers/glasses of wine/etc. won't hurt you and likely will help you, depending...(I take some small liberties with that. I feel like even if there isn't a direct physical benefit, some of that benefits you mentally, which in turn helps your overall well-being and health.)

Moderation, of course, is subject to interpretation as well. That's why I like my mantra. It is flexible as I need it .

A six pack a night isn't moderation? oops...
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

"Don't drink a pot of coffee."

Shoot, I can thread a running sewing machine by 10:30 AM
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    A six pack a night isn't moderation? oops...
    Hey, I self-define moderation. It's flexible.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Hey, I self-define moderation. It's flexible.
    That works for me.

Then I'm not counting the ones I have for breakfast and lunch. Those are at work, they don't count.

In all seriousness...almost none of us picks what is "very best" for us. To do so would be absolutely abysmal. I had a friend put it this way -- if I did all of those healthy things all the time, I'd live 2 years longer--but would I want to?

That's why I self-define moderation, and although it sounds like I'm joking, I'm really being serious. It makes me happy and content to do certain things that may not be the absolute best for me physically...but the counterbalance is that it helps me mentally.

^A few years ago I read an article by a sports writer about how he lost 125 pounds in a year. I found it to be helpful in a lot of ways, but the one thing that stuck with me all these years was "Don't be a ****head," generally meaning don't eat a whole pizza or something similarly stupid. Eat a slice, instead, and live the rest of your day accordingly. Then try not to be a ****head the next day. And so on.

I still do stupid food/drink/lazy stuff, but when I'm serious about getting it together, that's my guiding principle.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    ^A few years ago I read an article by a sports writer about how he lost 125 pounds in a year. I found it to be helpful in a lot of ways, but the one thing that stuck with me all these years was "Don't be a ****head," generally meaning don't eat a whole pizza or something similarly stupid. Eat a slice, instead, and live the rest of your day accordingly. Then try not to be a ****head the next day. And so on.

I still do stupid food/drink/lazy stuff, but when I'm serious about getting it together, that's my guiding principle.
    Yup, that's where I like to be as well.

My biggest issue is that I know when I "fall off the wagon" eating badly, I sometimes use that as an excuse to abandon what I've worked for all that time...and/or, at a minimum, at least "slide" for days...need to learn to forgive myself, and pretend it didn't happen the next day.

It’s a beautiful day and all I can think about is going back to work tomorrow.

Last Post Wins

It’s a beautiful day and all I can think about is going back to work tomorrow.
    It usually hits me when I hear the tic-tic-tic of the 60 Minutes intro.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    That works for me.

Then I'm not counting the ones I have for breakfast and lunch. Those are at work, they don't count.
    Err...

I’m ready to move. Today thru Friday: 93-98-99-97-96. And those don’t include the humidity

Last Post Wins

I’m ready to move. Today thru Friday: 93-98-99-97-96. And those don’t include the humidity
    I ran (super, super slow) 10.5 miles this weekend, 6.3 on Saturday and 4.2 on Sunday, both in the afternoon.

This was my car a few minutes after I started it when I was finished.

Just in time for the heat wave, half the HVAC in our office is not working. Those of us on one side of the hallway, no problem. But if you're on the other side, you have no air moving at all. It was probably 80 in those offices this morning around 8. We've got doors open and fans trying to drag cool air to that side of the hallway.

Reminds of when I was growing up and living in a house with no A/C except for 1 window unit big enough for 1 room only. We kept the door to that room closed and it felt like it was about 60 in there. The rest of the house, my mother and Mamaw had a series of fans set up to draw hot air out, and dang if it didn't work pretty well.

When I bought my house it had no AC. Nada. I got a single used window unit with a bad cord, re-wired it and closed off that room.

But old houses were designed a lot better for such things. Big windows that go way up to the ceiling so you can open them to let warmer air out, a sleeping porch so you can get out of the hottest part of the house, etc.

I got air downstairs a few years later. Didn't get it upstairs till last year. I won't lie, I was tired of it, but credit to old house design that it wasn't as miserable as it would have been in a modern home.

Last Post Wins

I remember as a kid we had AC in our den, which was closed off. At night my parents would fire up the attic fan so that it would draw air from the opened windows in the house, by morning it could get downright chilly in the house.

Attic fans are great. The way I survived the house with no AC was I put in a very powerful attic fan. I have a walkup attic stair, and I opened it up and opened the 2nd floor windows and let it run all night. Would drop the temp at least to tolerable, though not as low as you might think.

It took some doing every night and morning, but it made it workable.

I had to walk 2 miles to school, up hill each way, thru blistering heat and humidity. Kids nowdays!

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by IkeCat View Post
    I had to walk 2 miles to school, up hill each way, thru blistering heat and humidity. Kids nowdays!
    Barefoot! And in the snow!