Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 104 of 150 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,120 of 4478

Thread: Last Post Wins

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    My Dad's truck always seemed to break down in the winter when it was 5 degrees and snowing outside. Your A/C has to go out on the weekend. It's bad when timing works out like that. Hopefully you have a basement you can hunker down in and stay cooler.

We never had central air in our house growing up. When I was about 8 my parents bought a window unit that would keep one room of the house cool if you kept the door closed. The rest of the house, they'd open the windows and put a series of fans in the windows and throughout the house to create a cross-breeze of some type that would pull the hot air out of the house in the evening. Looking back, it was really something how they could do that.
    We had an attic fan that would pull air somehow and that thing was fantastic at night. Would make the place cold.

Grew up going to school without AC, first houses didn't have AC. Just what you get used to, I guess.

Son moved out and he had a basement bedroom, so that's available to hang out or sleep if needed. I'm OK, although I'm going to complain because they expect me to do so.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Mine went out this week, but not as bad as it sounds as I have a window unit to use for the master suite, so as long as I stay here it's OK.

Bad news is most of the system will have to be replaced given the age and parts issues. New condenser unit and coils for sure, if they can find coils to work with my furnace unit. Otherwise whole thing goes.
    It amazes me how much a good window unit can take care of a room. Nice to have when the system goes down for sure.

Re: Last Post Wins

Darrell - I was hoping to just fix this one, and it is funny how these guys will go right to replacing on an older system. This one he's not wrong though, it's the compressor, and that's a tough part to find on a 19 year old unit, and it's an old gas system that is obsolete as well, thus the need for different coils, so I'll bite the bullet.

Like you I had limited air for this house. In fact the 2nd floor never has had AC or heat. We had no ac for the first 3-4 years, then got this system that just died, but never did the upstairs. I'm going to do it now b/c I need it, but I've lived without it for a long time.

The window unit is fine for the master, and barring other things I never would have put AC in the upstairs and just used this unit, but for investment in the house it makes sense in the context of other repairs right now, and for resell value it needs it. Cheaper to do it now while I'm doing other work and have access.

Of course that was all before I had to fork out to replace the downstairs unit. Grrrr.......
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Bad valve needs replacing.
    Expansion valve. The compressor squeezes the gas to create high pressure in the liquid freon line. When the gas at high pressure gets to the expansion valve the liquid freon changes to a gas and when that happens the gas vapor gets really cold and that makes the cooling unit work.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Last Post Wins

It's one that is right before the exchange, inside the house (in the garage).Connected to a larger pipe that's supposed to tell it to release the cold. Sounds like what you are describing, but heck if I know what it's called.

It's 89° inside the house currently. I went running with it 91° outside. With sweat, shade and a breeze, I was a lot cooler running than sitting inside.

Last Post Wins

Still 89. Yikes.

When we first moved to Louisville in 95, we found a nice house in St. Matthews we liked and signed a lease to rent it. It got to be late May and it was a little muggy so I looked for the thermostat to turn on the A/C. Couldn't figure it out.

I figured it out when I went downstairs and saw the window units in the basement.

I put off putting them in until one night when it was around 88 in our living room around midnight. Mrs. BEvans said we can put them in or she's going to go visit her parents--until fall. We put them in.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Last Post Wins

When we first moved to Louisville in 95, we found a nice house in St. Matthews we liked and signed a lease to rent it. It got to be late May and it was a little muggy so I looked for the thermostat to turn on the A/C. Couldn't figure it out.

I figured it out when I went downstairs and saw the window units in the basement.

I put off putting them in until one night when it was around 88 in our living room around midnight. Mrs. BEvans said we can put them in or she's going to go visit her parents--until fall. We put them in.
    Lifesavers.

I have a couple of cheap window fans - not good ones - and they've helped some. It's about 75 outside now, still 87 upstairs, 78 down. I may sleep in the garage tonight. It's 76 there.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Lifesavers.

I have a couple of cheap window fans - not good ones - and they've helped some. It's about 75 outside now, still 87 upstairs, 78 down. I may sleep in the garage tonight. It's 76 there.
    How’d it go last night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    How’d it go last night?

Just ok. It's still 82 in the house, so it was warm, even with fans.

I hope I'm not screwing something up, but I started turning the AC on and letting it run for an hour, then off for 45 minutes, and repeating. It doesn't freeze up in that time, and it seems to help.

Last Post Wins

This hopefully will help. Maybe 5 minutes away, headed SSE. Screenshot_20200712-133622.jpg

Last Post Wins

Current. I just checked the deck outside and it's 75° there. Can't hurt. Screenshot_20200712-135652.jpg

Last Post Wins

Glad they are fixing tomorrow. By Wednesday, it is going to be hot, no kidding. Screenshot_20200712-134921__01.jpg

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Glad they are fixing tomorrow. By Wednesday, it is going to be hot, no kidding. Screenshot_20200712-134921__01.jpg
    Need’n mittens this evening?

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Last Post Wins

Try these guys next time your AC goes out.

Note the number 1 ranking on the bottom right.

Could it get warm and stay that way, please?

(Nobody quote this post in July when it's 146 degrees outside.)
    Just making a note of this 4/19/20 post, in blatant violation of the terms under which it was made.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post

Try these guys next time your AC goes out.

Note the number 1 ranking on the bottom right.

They have a lot of corporate contracts. Mostly strip clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Just making a note of this 4/19/20 post, in blatant violation of the terms under which it was made.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Just text me the address so I can forward the electric bills.

And the repair bill for my A/C.

My wife is super-sweet. She has to be, to put up with me. But I asked her around lunchtime what the A/C company said and she had not heard from them yet. She then called and they said they'd call her back. She followed up with them a couple of hours later (I KNEW when they had not spoken early it wasn't going to be fixed today), and long and short of it was the part had been ordered, and waiting on it to come in; finally was going to come in "tonight" and they'd be out at 9 a.m. tomorrow...err, later today.

Unfortunately, no rainstorm today that dropped the temperature. Last night I went to bed and it was 80 degrees in the house. With two fans cross-blowing winds and a ceiling fan, it's not bad.

Tonight it was 86 last I checked. I have work to do, and if I'm going to be miserable, I might as well do work, so I just finished sending an email and 14 documents to clients who must think I'm an idiot for sending docs at nearly 1 a.m., but I'm just hot.

Hold on...I'll go check temperature....oh, it's "only" 85. Geez.

I just said a prayer for you, our wife, your pets and the repairman.

If things are running to the norm with your part shipment, it will not arrive today, and may wind up being 2 weeks or more before it does. We ordered a refrigerator from Home Depot and they said it would arrive in 9 days. On the 8th day, we get a call that said unit was delayed in shipment and they out an arrival date on it of 2 weeks out. 2 days before projected arrival date we get an email. Sorry but the unit has not left the factory yet. Hope to get it to us in 7 days. Cancelled the order and had a repairman fix the old fridge with a part he had in stock.

I am also waiting on a shotgun to arrive at the dealers and it was ordered 3 1/2 weeks ago. It was in stock at the wholesalers whse. in North Carolina.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    I just said a prayer for you, our wife, your pets and the repairman.

If things are running to the norm with your part shipment, it will not arrive today, and may wind up being 2 weeks or more before it does. We ordered a refrigerator from Home Depot and they said it would arrive in 9 days. On the 8th day, we get a call that said unit was delayed in shipment and they out an arrival date on it of 2 weeks out. 2 days before projected arrival date we get an email. Sorry but the unit has not left the factory yet. Hope to get it to us in 7 days. Cancelled the order and had a repairman fix the old fridge with a part he had in stock.

I am also waiting on a shotgun to arrive at the dealers and it was ordered 3 1/2 weeks ago. It was in stock at the wholesalers whse. in North Carolina.
    Ackk...your prayers for a prompt repair today are appreciated. I'm sorry about your trials, too.

Last Post Wins

They are here with the part, so hopefully it's the right part and the right repair.

Last Post Wins

Valve must be made of platinum. $900 repair, he says.

Unobtainium.
    Wow!
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

They know what they're doing...it's 85 degrees in the house at noon. You'll pay anything at some point to be cool.

I wish you much luck, Mr. Cartwright.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

^@$#%#$%#^&

After 3 hours....I'm told

a) the replacement valve is faulty
    b) they can't get another one for 3 days

The "solutions" they've given me are unacceptable.

Oh, no.
    They can't get expedited shipping on the part?

Last Post Wins

c) part is being overnighted to their office, repair tomorrow

One more day.