Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 150 of 150 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150
Results 4,471 to 4,478 of 4478

Thread: Last Post Wins

Re: Last Post Wins

During the week when I’m trying to get ready for work it’s two Starbucks Sumatra in the Keurig but on the weekend I do like to get the French press out with some freshly ground beans. It makes the best coffee in my book and if it wasn’t such a pain to clean I would use it every day.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    During the week when I’m trying to get ready for work it’s two Starbucks Sumatra in the Keurig but on the weekend I do like to get the French press out with some freshly ground beans. It makes the best coffee in my book and if it wasn’t such a pain to clean I would use it every day.
    I forgot about the Keurig! We also have a Keurig, but it's at our place in Florida. We got it for when her mother would visit us and she wanted something easy to operate. I like it for that reason, too. I'll have a Keurig while making our breakfast.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Last Post Wins

Only 15 a year!

I am reordering razor blades for my safety razor. Now, I do not necessarily shave everyday. I also have two electric razors. I also travel semi-frequently, and when I am away from home, I either use a disposable or bring a one blade with me.

So I really don't know how often I actually shave with a safety razor.

But I do know this. Almost 7 years ago I purchased a pack of 100. I have a couple of blades left and was reordering. So I'm using about 15 of them a year.

The blades I use are about $10 for 100, or about 10 cents each. So my razor blade usage is about $1.50 per year.

I typically use shaving oil, or a shaving cream, but they last forever, so the price for that is fairly negligible. It's probably more than the razor blades, though.

Darrell, you still using the Astra blades?

I was going to resurrect our old shaving thread b/c I love my old school shaving world. I use the Astra blades, have a Mercur razor, but I wanted to recommend a GREAT soap.

I'm using "Cella", which is Italian. Don't tell PETA but IMO the reason it is so good is that it's based on tallow. It's also super reasonable in the "refill" size.

Between the Mercur razor I have used for many years, and the cost of the blades and this soap, I spend almost nothing on shaving. I do use exclusively this to shave, but don't shave every single day, say 5 maybe a week, maybe 5.5, and I get about 6-7 shaves out of one blade, so 0.08 per blade, maybe 50 blades a year, plus 10 or so worth of soap a year, so I'm probably just under or around 15 a year or so, shaving most of the time with just this system.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 03-28-2024 at 06:11 PM.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

Yes sir, it is still the Astra blades. I'm happy with them.

I will check out that soap. I tend to get in a hurry and use shave oil commonly, but it's a real treat for the shaving soap, and especially a good one.

I really like it. I put a chunk of it in a sealed container (tupperware in fact) and it lasts forever.

I liked one that I had first tried that came in a tube, but this is less expensive by far, lasts longer, and the other one the tubes tended to fail over time.

It's a stupid cheap way to shave, and a great shave.

Next I'm going to try a straight razor and strop. Even cheaper, and that risk of slitting your arteries will help wake you up, saving on coffee.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

Lol. I like everything except the straight razor. I'm happy with the safety razor. It's close enough to cave man to suit me. I get it, though. There is that appeal. I also love working with primitive tools, though. I'm a weird combination of Luddite and tech wannabe.

Last Post Wins

Kind of been on edge the last couple of days..can’t quite put my finger on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire