Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 89 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,670 of 4478

Thread: Last Post Wins

Re: Last Post Wins

Best of luck with it.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Problems growing grass etc.?

Two words: pea gravel.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I actually thought about that but the wife wouldn’t go for it lol
    changing my signature to change our luck.

30 years ago today I was stationed in Puerto Rico when Hurricane Hugo hit. It was pretty strong--category 3, around 120 mph, large wind field and moving around 10 mph, so it was on station for awhile. We lost cable TV around 8 pm on the 17th, lost power around 10 pm and had powerful wind and rain until about 10 am the next morning.

Thankfully Mrs. BEvans was back in Kentucky showing off our newborn to our families, so I only had to take care of myself. Even though we had no water for about a week and no power for about 5 weeks, those of us who lived on post didn't suffer anything more than some broken windows here and there. Many people living off base lost everything. In the video below you can see a little of what it looked like in the local community.

Mrs. BEvans had planned on returning to PR on the 22nd, so I had to find a way to get word to her to stay away until I told her it was OK to return. Phone lines were knocked out on base so I went off post and found 1 payphone that was operational--with a line of about 50 people to use it. But everybody stayed cool and & we were able to make our calls.

BTW, before I PCSd to Puerto Rico a guy suggested I buy a sailboat, live on it and use the Basic Allowance for Housing to make the boat payments. By the time I left PR, I'd have a paid-for sailboat, courtesy of the US Government! For a variety of reasons, I declined. After Hurricane Hugo, you could see lots of sailboats either washed up in the mangroves or at the bottom of the bay with only their masts sticking up out of the water. Best advice I didn't take.

Last edited by KSRBEvans; 09-18-2019 at 01:36 PM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

90 degrees on September 27th. What the hell.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    90 degrees on September 27th. What the hell.
    Cool spell, I guess. It should be warmer tomorrow and Sunday, just be patient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Last Post Wins

Ran 4 miles yesterday and just got in after 2 miles today.

It is 94°. Nearly October.

I like hot weather, but enough is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Cool spell, I guess. It should be warmer tomorrow and Sunday, just be patient.

lol. Yep, about to get back to our normal 92-93 by first of the week.

Thank goodness, I just bought a 55 gallon drum of SPF 4,000.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Hang in there and try to not freeze to death. supposed to be 95 or 96 tomorrow so things are looking up.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Hang in there and try to not freeze to death. supposed to be 95 or 96 tomorrow so things are looking up.
    Thankfully it should be a little more humid too.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

From a local weather guy: last September was the wettest September on record in Louisville (10.91"). This September will be the driest September on record in Louisville (currently 0.04").

I'm not going to complain about the 90s and sunny, because it'll be about 45 days (maybe less) and we'll be seeing 40s and rain.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 10-01-2019 at 11:34 AM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Last Post Wins

Same here in Louisville. October 1st, 2019. A day that will live in infamy. At least until next year.

Last Post Wins

It made it up to 97 today.

Last Post Wins

99 for the win. 4 miles in that oven today.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    99 for the win. 4 miles in that oven today.
    That’s crazy, I had a hard time driving to Cincinnati and back with the AC rolling.

Of course there was the obligatory crash on I71, causing a traffic back up for miles. I was lucky enough to come upon it at an exit and took an alternate route.

Last Post Wins

I'm going to be a pallbearer at a funeral Sunday afternoon. At least when I'm running, I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt. It is really going to be hot in that suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I'm going to be a pallbearer at a funeral Sunday afternoon. At least when I'm running, I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt. It is really going to be hot in that suit.
    Don't make this a group funeral. Seriously, if it's still that hot then hydrate b/c that's tough.

Supposed to break by the weekend around here. Hope it does the same for you.

Good point.

High today is supposed to be 98. Accuweather says that the high Sunday is supposed to be 87, and Monday the high 79. Wouldn't bother me if it the weather creeped in a little quicker than anticipated.

My buddy tells me it will be a short service outside for his Dad. It's another topic, but it's kinda sad that when you live a long life, you outlive a lot of your friends, and so your children's friends are the pallbearers. Then again, I guess that's not a major concern at that point, is it (or any point, really)?

Having to eat my usual sad lunch office sandwich with 2 heels of bread. Appreciate any good thoughts you can send my way.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 10-02-2019 at 11:18 AM.

Maybe this will help. I got a chuckle out of this. (This isn't me, but I would imagine it would work with one of my kids perfectly.)

Me: "What did you do at school today," I ask my six-year old in first grade.

6-year old: "Learned about dragons."

Me: "Your class learned about dragons?"

6-year old: "I learned about dragons. I don't know what everybody else was doing."

Darrell, that is classic, and I love it.
    seeya
    dan

11-28-2015, 12:06 AM

Jump in & enjoy winning...while it lasts.
    You have a unique vie of the passage of time.
    seeya
    dan

I'm stealing that one D.

Just got a haircut for $5.99. I call that a win. I gave up a few years ago on trying to maintain the appearance of actually having hair and started getting a number 1 clipper cut all over so I think it should only be $5.99 every time. I discovered at GreatClips though it depends on who cuts it. Sometimes it’s $14. I gave her a $5 tip

Only supposed to get up to 92 today. That’s actually not too bad for July 95th.

Just got a haircut for $5.99. I call that a win. I gave up a few years ago on trying to maintain the appearance of actually having hair and started getting a number 1 clipper cut all over so I think it should only be $5.99 every time. I discovered at GreatClips though it depends on who cuts it. Sometimes it’s $14. I gave her a $5 tip
    Shoot, I can top that. I've been cutting my own hair (both of them lol) for years now. Super easy with a rechargeable clipper. The good part is, everytime I think about it, I spend 5 minutes--probably less, actually, maybe 2 minutes--and give myself a fresh cut. My hair, what little there is of it, stays pretty much the same now year 'round. Cost -- now $0.

I have clippers but it just doesn’t look good if I do it myself and my wife refuses. Says she might mess it up. Mess what up?!?

Last Post Wins

Is three weeks a long time?