Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Surgery is complete

Surgery is complete

Well, although I posted originally back in the summer, I was delayed for gastric bypass surgery till 2 weeks ago on 9 Nov. Discharged that Thursday, and learning to eat again ever since.

14 days out and I'm down 27 lbs. No complications, not a one, has been very smooth recovery, still a little tender but I get a whole 2 oz of turkey this Thanksgiving. I will also say the VA med center was EXCELLENT in prep and recovery. Treated me like gold! The only thing they would not do is help me out of bed. Said I had to do that on my own while they stood over me to make sure I didn't fall. Hands down the absolute best care I've ever received.
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

Unforgettable

Re: Surgery is complete

Heck of a way to lose weight. . Glad you are in good health, take care of yourself

Just for you, I will eat 10 ounces of turkey, real mashed potatoes and gravy, real sweat potato casserole with brown sugar and real butter and marshmallows, sweat tea, and several other items thst will be on the table. Dessert my wife says is a secret

For an appetizer I think I will fry a bird earlier

Feel better. Ha!

Opening of deer season last weekend, grilled chicken Friday and ribeyes Saturday. You coming

Yumm Yumm! All I could hear in my head was Grandpa Jones answering, "Hey grandpa, whats for supper?!"

Definitely a tough time of year to have done this, but it was necessary on many levels. I was close to 300 again, and I topped out at 304 last winter. Being 5'10" on a good hair day that's not a good number. However, put me down for a long weekend hunt next year!

Unforgettable

304, seriously. All kidding aside, brother you take care of yourself, you are too good of a man to leave us early. Cut the bread, butter, sugars, soft drinks and somehow exercise. Allow yourself one small indulgence a week. For me it was 2 boiled new potatoes with a little butter. And walked. When you go out to photograph, walk to you shots

Whenever you can come, I will cook light. Grilled shrimp with olive oil, grilled redfish, chicken, grilled pork loin. Deer limit is 5 does and 3 bucks, one a day

Bombino

Glad things went well Coastie. You will get back up an going in no time. Jazy is right, try incorporating small things into your day to increase your activity. Get a pedometer (or use the one integrated into your phone) and make sure you walk X number of steps every day, without fail. Losing weight is only half the battle, the other half is getting your cardiovascular health back on track. Losing weight makes it easier to do but you gotta put in the work. Remember, don't make a ton of drastic changes at once. You will fail, everyone does. Instead, make the small changes that you can keep for life. After you master the first change, add a second, then a third and so on.

Also, for some motivation:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/350-...e-journey.html

This guy lost 350 lbs, it is an interesting story to read.

Thanks guys. Mr. Skip, no way I would even entertain sugars & sodas right now. I can't tolerate either. This has been a lifesaving decision for me. A small part of the reason is my photography, because I wanted to hike to certain areas for that "shot," but was unable to, especially with all my gear!

I have to say, I'm gonna hold you to that hunt next year. I'm already looking forward to it. Would be fun to get some of the guys to join in.

Pedro, thank you also. Lori, my wife has been my angel. Going back and forth to San Francisco (hour each way) while I was inpatient, every morning and night. She took notes at my discharge, asked questions for me, and has followed their guidelines for food and meds to the letter. I attribute a large part of my smooth recovery to her.

She was very against me having the surgery for multiple reasons, but mainly because it was literally a 7.5 hour surg and so many things could happen during and post. The team even asked me before they put me under to give me one more chance to back out if I wished. As I told Lori, I have a peace about this that passes all understanding.

Rupp's Runt

So very glad that you are okay and recovering well. Prayers offered up for your full & complete recovery.
    MOLON LABE!

Good to hear you are doing well cg
    Go Cats!

Coastie, you are welcome at my table any time. Bean sprouts, yougurt, humus, and some soy meat should suit you fine.

Glad to hear you are doing well!!
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Thankful for that good news, Coastie. Thanks for giving us the update. You keep recovering well, ok?

Unforgettable

Coastlie I gate to even tell you how good both puts were tonight but I didn't over eat, had you in the back of my mind

About hunting, don't even have to bring a gun, I have several. Bring the camera and IF a warden did come by you would be doing wildlife photography which is why you wouldn't have a license

Congratulations on taking such a big step. Hang in there in creating new habits. No food out there worth dying for.

Really appreciate the thoughts and prayers guys! I have to say, old habits came by for a visit yesterday, and I paid for it in spades last night. Lesson learned.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by CGWildcat View Post
    Yumm Yumm! All I could hear in my head was Grandpa Jones answering, "Hey grandpa, whats for supper?!"

Definitely a tough time of year to have done this, but it was necessary on many levels. I was close to 300 again, and I topped out at 304 last winter. Being 5'10" on a good hair day that's not a good number. However, put me down for a long weekend hunt next year!
    I am stunned! 304? No way!

Coastie I've got your back. I got to 295 and it stunned me into dropping some weight. so I a) get the reaction, and b) am here to say it's not that hard to get to that point. 300 seems to be a powerful number in the weight game.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I agree Citizen! I had just lost control, and I had planned this during the summer before my son's wedding in August and during school break. Then I never heard back from VA. Call after call, I was spiraling. They called the middle of October and said 9 November, or we got your message about waiting till your next break from school in January. What do you want to do?

I knew if I waited I'd easily eclipse that 304 mark with the upcoming holidays and waiting till January. So today, I weighed in at 259, being 292 the day before my surgery.

Oh and BTW, 25% off through Monday on all type prints on my website!