Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: 4-year old tattoo artist

4-year old tattoo artist

I doubt this will bother anybody here, but surprisingly, I've seen a bunch of negative comments about this.

A tattoo artist allowed his 4-year old daughter to tattoo him. It is a simple strawberry.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/tattoo-year...ry?id=34941804

Some people were outraged. But remember, it's not the 4-year old who is getting the tattoo, she is giving it--to her father.

Some factors:

* Father had her hold the machine and grip without a needle and practice for a week so that he could be sure she could handle it appropriately.

* Father controlled the foot pedal that turns it "on" and "off," so he had control of the mechanics of it even when it was in her hand. He also guided the machine as well (truthfully, my guess is the 4-year old did very little of the tattoo).

* The strawberry was chosen because when he sings, "Baa, baa black sheep," she replies, "Have you berry wu?" and he calls her "Berry Wu" as a result. Get it -- strawberry, berry wu?

The last one may not mean anything, but I thought it was pretty cool.

I'm not an "ink" guy, but fine if you want to do it. As long as I could be satisfied that the father was in control while the daughter held the needle--the key, key element in this whole thing to me--I'm fine with doing whatever you want to yourself as a grown adult. Of course (at least, of course, to me), I have a different opinion if the 4-year old was receiving the tattoo.

Re: 4-year old tattoo artist

I sort of agree with you Darrell. Of course the child getting the tattoo would take it to a different realm. Legally there could be an issue, or not. Tattoo artists need to be licensed, at least here they do. And that would make it illegal. Would people feel the same if I let my 4 year old neuter my cat? (another action requiring a license). HOWEVER, that would NOT be illegal Confusing but true. So long as it was my (or her) cat. You can perform surgery on your own cat legally (it has to do with farm animal and farm animal are no different than domestic animals from a legal aspect). Of course the access to anesthetics comes into play but lets ignore that. I don't know if the statutes that pertain to tattooing are similar. But then hair stylist need licenses in FL too and I know all kinds of parents who cut their childrens hair and are thus doing something without a license. Heck, so lets ignore all the legalities all together.

I don't have an issue with it. Its his body to do whatever he wants. He is a grown up. Its not harming anybody but himself if there is a problem and he 1) make an informed and conscious decision and 2) he can live and deal with the consequences of those decisions. The child is under his guidance and she isn't going to harm anybody else with her actions. The ONLY person that should could harm would be the father
    Last edited by Doc; 11-05-2015 at 06:25 AM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

So what has the outrage been? That he loves his daughter and is involved in her life? Very old fashioned for sure.

I see no real risk to her here, playing on a swing is probably far more dangerous, and it's his arm, so what is the issue?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    So what has the outrage been? That he loves his daughter and is involved in her life? Very old fashioned for sure.

I see no real risk to her here, playing on a swing is probably far more dangerous, and it's his arm, so what is the issue?
    Agree completely, I guess it is part of the "Oh no, tatoos are evil crowd" extrapolating that on out, or maybe it is people with very low reading comprehension. I am not at all a tattoo fan but in this case, I can't even find something to get worked up over. If anything it is really damn sweet. He will ALWAYS have something with him, made by her hand, until the day he dies.

I think she should be on INK MASTER. Her tattoo looks a lot better than this one

assuming she can spell
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Have you guys seen that tattoo coverup show? It's not terrible, a little slow but it is interesting to see why people get tattoos done.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

When I was browsing for the above tattoo, I came across this one that I had never seen and about peed my pants

I admit at first glance it was totally something different. Definitely one that needs a cover up