Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: What's going on at Missouri??

Re: OT: What's going on at Missouri??

in reading up on this a bit it seems to me this is more political correctness and leftist mantra run amok than some kind of engine for positive social change.

Among the demands, as bigsky mentioned, was that the PResident read a "hand written apology" acknowledging his "white male privilege", and then their next demand was that he be fired after doing so. what? Demand he apologize but he's fired regardless?

I agree with the article Dan linked, in it's reference to this being some kind of ongoing Cultural Revolution that would do Mao proud. You silence any opposition by demonizing them as racists and bigots etc., and if you just shout it long enough and loud enough you get your way and make it the 'truth', whether it is or not.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Saw also where a professor of MEDIA was trying to push out a student reporter covering the protest and taking pictures, making physical threats of removal among other things. Classic totalitarian leftism.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Rupp's Runt

When "they" start the fight, they're not going to like it when somebody who is fed up with their nonsense responds in a way they are not anticipating. And it will all go downhill from there.

The time is not far off now.
    MOLON LABE!

Unforgettable

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Saw also where a professor of MEDIA was trying to push out a student reporter covering the protest and taking pictures, making physical threats of removal among other things. Classic totalitarian leftism.
    dan has the video up on the thread, two members of the Mizzou administration, one a prof.

Unforgettable

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    When "they" start the fight, they're not going to like it when somebody who is fed up with their nonsense responds in a way they are not anticipating. And it will all go downhill from there.

The time is not far off now.
    They are going to pick on the wrong person one day who has a carry permit and all hell might break loose.

In further developments, Missouri professor refuses to cancel exam, is later forced to do so and resigns:

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=6971

I read some wag on Twitter call it Lord of the Flies. I think it's more like the movie PCU. It'll be interesting to see where (or if) authorities will draw the line.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    In further developments, Missouri professor refuses to cancel exam, is later forced to do so and resigns:

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=6971

I read some wag on Twitter call it Lord of the Flies. I think it's more like the movie PCU. It'll be interesting to see where (or if) authorities will draw the line.
    More like "One Flew Over the Cockoo's Nest" where McMurphy brings the whores into the nuthouse and has the big party and the inmates take over the asylum.... or is that the UL recruiting weekend? I get them confused.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Like I said earlier, UM is going to lose donations, applications and support for their athletic programs in a big way over this.

They caved in and hollowed themselves out IMO.

They have a big journalism school there.

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    They have a big journalism school there.
    Apparently it's the exact same size as their School of Hypocrisy, where most of the students apparently have a dual major that lets them get a joint degree in Mid-Century Totalitarianism. Assuming they complete their final presentation on how to use the Maoist principles of the Cultural Revolution to achieve their new world order.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoesSwayedBlue View Post
    Like I said earlier, UM is going to lose donations, applications and support for their athletic programs in a big way over this.

They caved in and hollowed themselves out IMO.
    I think many were like me and had an initial trend to be sympathetic and somewhat supportive, in part based on the actions of the football coach's support. Now they just seem to be a group of petulant crybabies that can't be satisfied, and an administration of spineless jellyfish (yes, that is redundant)
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

An assistant communications professor at the Missouri School of Journalism resigned from her courtesy appointment Tuesday after she was caught on video confronting a student journalist and attempting to block him from shooting photos on a public quad. hulle6.com

The video, showing University of Missouri protesters and Assistant Professor Melissa Click, was posted on Youtube shortly after University of Missouri System President Tim Wolfe resigned following a week of protests after his perceived lack of response to a series of racially-charged incidents. huawei mate 7 hülle
    Last edited by ChelseaWa; 11-13-2015 at 02:13 AM.

Rupp's Runt

I also read a story about the student that was allegedly was on a "hunger strike". Welllllllllll.........it turns out he is the son of a millionaire who works for the Union-Pacific Railroad. But the student claims he's 'oppressed'.
    This story just keeps getting better & better. Whining, crying, "Black Privilege" posers & pretenders.
    MOLON LABE!

Quote Originally Posted by ChelseaWa View Post
    An assistant communications professor at the Missouri School of Journalism resigned from her courtesy appointment Tuesday after she was caught on video confronting a student journalist and attempting to block him from shooting photos on a public quad.

The video, showing University of Missouri protesters and Assistant Professor Melissa Click, was posted on Youtube shortly after University of Missouri System President Tim Wolfe resigned following a week of protests after his perceived lack of response to a series of racially-charged incidents.
    She was the "can I get some muscle here" lady. LOL. What an idiot. Classic thuggery. We can protest and do what we want but you can't. We have freedoms but you don't. Long live the hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    I also read a story about the student that was allegedly was on a "hunger strike". Welllllllllll.........it turns out he is the son of a millionaire who works for the Union-Pacific Railroad. But the student claims he's 'oppressed'.
    This story just keeps getting better & better. Whining, crying, "Black Privilege" posers & pretenders.
    My wife tried to put me on a diet but I want on a eating strike to protest!

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    She was the "can I get some muscle here" lady. LOL. What an idiot. Classic thuggery. We can protest and do what we want but you can't. We have freedoms but you don't. Long live the hypocrisy.
    A few of my leftist friends are quite enraged at the actions of this group. They said that this ground is authoritarian to its core, which truthfully can happen on the left or the right, and is really setting back the situations where legitimate protest and dialogue IS necessary. One of my friends compared it to the rise of Stalinism and how at that time there were leftist groups and even communist groups that opposed the Stalinist for their lack of thinking, their requirements of undying obedience and their rejection of dialogue or discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    A few of my leftist friends are quite enraged at the actions of this group. They said that this ground is authoritarian to its core, which truthfully can happen on the left or the right, and is really setting back the situations where legitimate protest and dialogue IS necessary. One of my friends compared it to the rise of Stalinism and how at that time there were leftist groups and even communist groups that opposed the Stalinist for their lack of thinking, their requirements of undying obedience and their rejection of dialogue or discussion.
    Your friend is very insightful, and correct.

Most if not all totalitarian governments that have arisen in the last century have come from the "left", not the right. That is as long as we define right as the limited government model and not the militarist model of something like the Japanese militarists, which I think is fair in this context of American politics.

The reason is simple: totalitarianism requires government, the use of force to compel others, and America was founded on precisely the idea of rejecting government so we could reject totalitarianism. The "classical liberal" has become today's "right" leaning Libertarian.

There's no doubt that many of these groups on the left, esp. among the most extreme PC groups, are not at all far removed from the principles of Stalin or Mao, and IMO are more reminiscent of Mao than anyone. This thing on the Mizzou campus was conducted very much in the mode of the Cultural Revolution, where public shaming, hysteria and vicious accusations are used to remove the opposition on a personal level, not to confront their ideas.

I'm glad other left leaning folks are upset at these tactics. Any American should be outraged at the idea of pushing the media out of a public protest or these witch hunting tactics generally.

Unforgettable

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    The claim is she resigned, bet she didn't have a choice. It's ironic that a journalism prof is the one claiming the press doesn't have First Amendment rights and trying to punish him when it's the left liberal press that often tries to suppress conservatives

Unforgettable

Most if not all totalitarian governments that have arisen in the last century have come from the "left", not the right. That is as long as we define right as the limited government model and not the militarist model of something like the Japanese militarists, which I think is fair in this context of American politics.

The reason is simple: totalitarianism requires government, the use of force to compel others, and America was founded on precisely the idea of rejecting government so we could reject totalitarianism. The "classical liberal" has become today's "right" leaning Libertarian.

There's no doubt that many of these groups on the left, esp. among the most extreme PC groups, are not at all far removed from the principles of Stalin or Mao, and IMO are more reminiscent of Mao than anyone. This thing on the Mizzou campus was conducted very much in the mode of the Cultural Revolution, where public shaming, hysteria and vicious accusations are used to remove the opposition on a personal level, not to confront their ideas.

I'm glad other left leaning folks are upset at these tactics. Any American should be outraged at the idea of pushing the media out of a public protest or these witch hunting tactics generally.
    This is what the college students are being taught and it is fast going beyond Mizzou. Until some administrations have the balls to stand up and say enough and get off the campus and stop this liberal agenda from the faculty, this is going to get much worse

Where is bakert on this, he is our liberal leaning college professor

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
    The claim is she resigned, bet she didn't have a choice. It's ironic that a journalism prof is the one claiming the press doesn't have First Amendment rights and trying to punish him when it's the left liberal press that often tries to suppress conservatives
    One nitpick, she was a communications professor not a journalism professor.

The comparison to Mao is very interesting and one that I think broaches a lot of discussion. The movement is fracturing itself at the seams. They really don't know what they want, other than safe-spaces (for themselves and their ideas only). They didn't realize the logical conclusion of their ideas, they are basically like big children that simply react on emotion.

I did see one funny comment online: "does that mean if they want Safe-Spaces I can say that my university is a Danger Zone!!!"
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 11-12-2015 at 07:16 PM.

The "safe space" thing is the ultimate self indulgence, that there is some right to never be offended or have to defend your ideals in any way, that everyone just has to accept them wholesale.

That's not part of the Rights of Man nor the rights the Founders set out, and it's not even the goal of universities, which are supposed to be places where ideas are challenged and advanced, not insulated.

Rupp's Runt

The "safe space" thing is the ultimate self indulgence, that there is some right to never be offended or have to defend your ideals in any way, that everyone just has to accept them wholesale.

That's not part of the Rights of Man nor the rights the Founders set out, and it's not even the goal of universities, which are supposed to be places where ideas are challenged and advanced, not insulated.
    In other words........the truth is a lie, and a lie is the truth.
    MOLON LABE!

Unforgettable

Who is really behind all this and fueling these protests? Is it the democrat party to insure getting them out to vote next year to make sure they win as so e have suggested? Is it ISIS? Communists? Radical black leaders? Anti Christians..they are now after a black, conservative, Chritian, female professor at Vandy, george Soros and his billions and hate America philosophy? Something or somebody is behind this and pushing it.

Where is the proof that any of this really happened at Missouri, with every wrong fart being on someone's camera today, where are the pictures or videos?

Are the new college students this radical, this stupid, this far left?

Even liberal Harvard law professor democrat Dershwitz (sp) says they are wrong and very radical

Where is Obama who seems to always inject his opinion on white cops or anything against blacks, not a peep.

It's like the UK football program and locker room, something smells fishy

Who is really behind all this and fueling these protests?
    Saul Alinsky's community organizers?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Coming now to the SEC (in this case, Alabama):

https://mobile.twitter.com/AaronSmit...6525455360?p=v

(Oops--I guess Missouri is SEC, too. Somehow I don't think of them in that way.)
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

As other shave stated, it's the lack of evidence of the alleged offensive acts and the absence of any real damage being done that is so worrisome. If the bar for cleaning house for being offended by speech is set so pitifully low how can honesty and fair discourse ever win out?

Unforgettable

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Coming now to the SEC (in this case, Alabama):

https://mobile.twitter.com/AaronSmit...6525455360?p=v

(Oops--I guess Missouri is SEC, too. Somehow I don't think of them in that way.)

What the heck does any school need a diversity officer for. And why a black faculty assoc, do they have a white one?

seeya
    dan

Rumor has it that another group of students is demanding keg beer and boiled peanuts to be furnished in all university buildings

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

seeya
    dan