Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Election results?

Election results?

Any important results where you are?

Like, er, a total sweep by GOP of statewide elections?

Re: Election results?

Just about a GOP sweep. Even the races the Dems held in Kentucky were very close and they were a well known figure versus an unknown, and they almost lost those.

Matt Bevin was about as weak a candidate in some ways the GOP could have run, and he won the Governorship by 12 points tonight. he's an outsider, but he got beat to hell in the primaries, and does have some questionable stuff in his past, but I think the "yellow dog" thing that used to apply to Democrats in the south now applies to anyone who isn't a career politician.

But a lot of this, a LOT of this, is a rejection of the extreme Leftism of the Democratic national party and Obama. Easily as extreme as the McGovern election years.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Black woman GOP is Lt GOVernor?

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    Yes, first black to be elected to state office in KY, and she's a Republican.

Yes. Here's her bio from the Bevin site: http://www.mattbevin.com/meet_jenean
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I didnt run for Mayor this time--just a Commission seat, but received 73% of the vote for an unprecedented 4th term on the commission.

Wish you'd talked to us about that Jeff. I can't speak for the others but I have always considered it a bit of my cache' that I know the mayor of Bozeman. I won't be quite as cool now, though the landslide reelection does help.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Wish you'd talked to us about that Jeff. I can't speak for the others but I have always considered it a bit of my cache' that I know the mayor of Bozeman. I won't be quite as cool now, though the landslide reelection does help.
    Yes it won't be as cool. Sorry. Leukemia and heart attack were factors. Something bragadocious will turn up, I won't be kicking back or staying under the radar.
    Last edited by bigsky; 11-03-2015 at 11:25 PM.

Rupp's Runt

She seems to be pretty solid to me, based on the bio info. I had never heard of her before this.
    MOLON LABE!

Rupp's Runt

What's the story on Bevin? I have not heard of him before either, not that I recall.
    MOLON LABE!

Yes it won't be as cool. Sorry. Leukemia and heart attack were factors. Something bragadocious will turn up, I won't be kicking back or staying under the radar.
    I get you taking it easier for sure, just had to let you know how much cool you bring to the group.

Though I'd bet my car you aren't really the "taking it easier" type of guy, witness you still being on the Commission. As you said, I'm sure something will come up to have you in the headlines soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    What's the story on Bevin? I have not heard of him before either, not that I recall.
    Investments guy, ran against McConnell in the last Senate primary, got beat up pretty good in that Mitch isn't shy about negative campaigning.

So bevin came into this with a lot of baggage that had been used by Mitch, still won very solid.

Conway's 43% showing was the 3rd worst for a Democratic candidate in Kentucky history and worst since 1863:

http://editions.lib.umn.edu/smartpol...rt+Politics%29
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Conway's 43% showing was the 3rd worst for a Democratic candidate in Kentucky history and worst since 1863:

http://editions.lib.umn.edu/smartpol...rt+Politics%29
    I hope this is a preview of next year's Presendtial election. Lord knows the Democrats are giving most reasonable people every excuse to NOT vote for that old dried up hag Killary.........
    MOLON LABE!

Fab Five

You will now see many democrats in non urban and suburban areas switch parties. It will be very quick in developing. Kentucky is just about the last southern state with any semblence of a Democrat Party?

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    You will now see many democrats in non urban and suburban areas switch parties. It will be very quick in developing. Kentucky is just about the last southern state with any semblence of a Democrat Party?
    Yes but you will also see a much large than normal dead voter turn out for the democrats. I expect them to be hitting the graveyards and mortuaries hard next November
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.