Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: $1.799 a gallon

$1.799 a gallon

$2.249 for 93 octane.

Is this 1985 again?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Rupp's Runt

Re: $1.799 a gallon

Wow! I thought $1.94 in Ft. Myers, FL last Saturday was good!
    MOLON LABE!

It was $1.849 in Radcliff a couple of weeks ago, but has now creeped up to $2.049. The outrage!
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Bombino

$1.739 or $1.779 (I forget which) here in Danville at one of the cheapest stations.

I think it's a little cheaper at various places here, but that's a BP station I stopped at on the way into work today.

I checked on Gas Buddy and see that Premium could be had as low as $1.999 in Hoover (I wonder if that is 91 octane, vs 93), but I was happy with $2.249.

Conversely, there's a place in Birmingham that is selling premium gas for $3.399 a gallon--a Shell station in Hoover. Amazing.

Fab Five

My shell station in North Pelham has regular at 1.749 today. Amazing!

Fab Five

A bit OT, but the Marathon station in Riverchase has the new Exactair machines. I used one of these a month ago at the BP on wedgewood Av in Nashville. You punch in the amount of pressure you want in your tires and it automatically fills to that level. no guessing or pressure gages necessarily. I checked it with my gage and it was money. My daughter who worries the tire will explode never used to check pressure. She now does it with confidence.

If you are over there Darrell check it out!

I will, thanks. I've never heard of that, and that sounds very cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    A bit OT, but the Marathon station in Riverchase has the new Exactair machines. I used one of these a month ago at the BP on wedgewood Av in Nashville. You punch in the amount of pressure you want in your tires and it automatically fills to that level. no guessing or pressure gages necessarily. I checked it with my gage and it was money. My daughter who worries the tire will explode never used to check pressure. She now does it with confidence.

If you are over there Darrell check it out!

Let me get this right. The big exciting thing to do down your way is to check out the new air machine at the gas station?

No wonder you guys are Andy Griffith fans. (J/K)
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Let me get this right. The big exciting thing to do down your way is to check out the new air machine at the gas station?

No wonder you guys are Andy Griffith fans. (J/K)
    Should I admit I looked at my calendar to see if I would be over there tomorrow or Wednesday?

Nah. Nobody would do that.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Should I admit I looked at my calendar to see if I would be over there tomorrow or Wednesday?

Nah. Nobody would do that.

Citizen obviously never had to prematurely buy tires for two cars in the same pay period before.

One station on I-24 in Chattanooga was advertising regular for $1.75.9. I would have stopped but I had just filled up for $1.85 a little earlier. Prices varied from $1.99 to this price on my trip this week.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.