Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Very sad, Mythbusters starting its last season

Very sad, Mythbusters starting its last season

Last episodes will start airing in January.

I'm bummed. With hundreds of insipid, stupid, completely predictable shows out there, this was one that was fun but also very real and even challenged you to think and learn some along the way. It was one of the few "reality" shows that was really real, where you saw them learn and their mistakes, and like all good science you often learn more with the mistakes.

Discovery and their channels have some other shows, even some similar, but they are all more "produced", and that's clearly their direction now. Many, like about everything on TLC, is just tripe. even shows with more engineering and such just arent' anything like as real or thought provoking as MB.

They've been to NASA, JPL, all kinds of places using all kinds of cool technology to test things.

Just a shame. Not to mention that the gang are cool and fun. I think Kari has done a lot not just to be a cute girl into science and such but to show women in those roles. My niece loves the show, and for kids to like stuff like this is fundamentally good for the nation and the species. Instead they get replaced with a more steady diet of what the Kardashains or some even cheaper knock off are doing?

The good news is I have every episode of the show, so at least I can go back and watch it. Like star Trek, Firefly and Warehouse 13, I have to live in the past in my TV viewing. About the only current show I watch much is Castle, b/c Nathan Fillion is so cool.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: Very sad, Mythbusters starting its last season

I often watch it on my DroidTV. I can get all the episodes on it.

What I wish they had done is scaled back the number of episodes per season. I enjoy the show, but I thought that some of them shows were too close to other shows, particularly when blowing things up (although I LIKE them blowing things up, so it presented quite a conundrum for me). Some of the shows were just terrific; really good premises, and occasionally, a surprising result.

Have 6 "specials" a year. Keep the dream alive! That's what I would do. Pay them double.

This is really going to be a bummer for my 7 year old grand son. MB is one of, if not, his favorite shows on the tube. I have been a loyal follower too, but at my age I understand that things can go away in the blink of an eye and I have gotten inured to it I guess.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

darrell, I agree they need to do them as a series of specials, just to keep it alive and let them be picky and do the best myths.

They didn't slam the door completely on some kind of reunion/special thing in the future but it still stings.

I do think if I were in Congress I'd file a bill to see if they should be forced to change the names of the channels due to false advertising. Not sure how much "Discovery" or "learning" there is on most of their networks these days when they are dropping shows like MB and others.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.