Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Here's your winter weather forecast

Here's your winter weather forecast

From NOAA: in Kentucky, near to above normal temps with below normal precip:

http://www.wlky.com/weather/Official...ecast/35858904

Louisville weather guy John Belski notes this will be the strongest El Nino since 97. That winter season we had virtually no snow here in Louisville--until a 22+ inch event in February. So be ready for anything, as is usually the case here in the Ohio Valley.

Anyone know what the Farmer's Almanac, caterpillars, etc. are saying?
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Re: Here's your winter weather forecast

I have been seeing a lot of solid white caterpillars. Not sure if that means a very snowy winter or the coming of the end, as white caterpillars in my part of the world are definitely not the norm
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Rupp's Runt

Here in south Florida, we're expecting moderate temperatures, sunny skies with mild breezes, with an overabundance of snow buzzards.
    MOLON LABE!

Headed to Florida tomorrow, but unfortunately, have to return Sunday.

Weather forecast: Soccery, with a hint of balcony margarita.

Rupp's Runt

So Darrell........how was your short stay here in the Sunshine State?
    MOLON LABE!

Too short, Suncat. But weather was beautiful, and considerably warmer than just 4 hours to the north. Was there for a soccer tournament, and so very little beach time, but a little, and some sitting on the balcony overlooking the ocean drinking a cold adult beverage, so it wasn't all bad. Thank you for your state's hospitality.

I was miserable having to sip an adult beverage and look at this from the balcony.

Beach view from our balcony 2.jpg

The planes, the planes.
    Airplanes over ocean 2.jpg

Weather was terrific.
    Collin 1.jpg

Water was pure.
    The water 1.jpg

Even having to get up Sunday at 5:45 a.m., catching the pre-sunrise over the beach was pretty cool.

Sunrise from balcony.jpg

Dang, that's nice. What was the the name of the place you stayed? We love Perdido Key but are looking for some other places to try in the future.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

The persimmon seeds are shaped like spoons, which means lots of snow to shovel.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Dang, that's nice. What was the the name of the place you stayed? We love Perdido Key but are looking for some other places to try in the future.
    Pelican Bay, Destin. Reasonably priced high rise. Would not recommend during busy season - too little beach for that size condo. But in the heart of everything, and would recommend for an October trip. Quiet as it could be, and the beach was very sparsely occupied. Great views, and water was terrific.

Wish I didn't click on this thread. Why oh why don't I move to Florida and make a living doing trained cat shows at Mallory Square?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.