Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: pretty freakin awesome morning

pretty freakin awesome morning

As some know I'm currently in Africa. This morning we were out on a game drive and came across a couple of hyenas chasing down a wildebeest. It very unusual to witness a kill so we considered ourselves lucky. So the hyenas catch her by the rear leg and she starts balling and they drag her to the ground and are ripping at her haunches, pulling meat out of her. She is alive and bawling. This goes on for about five minute. Then suddenly 8 lions come hauling ass across the plain, the hyenas take off and the lead lion grabs the bawling wildebeest by the throat, kills it and the other 7 start devouring it. In a span of about 10 minute there is nothing but bone and here comes a herd of cape buffalo who charge the loins. The loins scatter as cape buffalo will kill lions. One loin has a portion of the wildebeest skeleton, the skull and upper rib as she runs away. The hyenas then return to pick up the remaining bone. This entire hunt and meal took maybe 20 minute from catch to clean up. Freak crazy that I saw it all usually you don't see it start to finish. We happen to go out early (6:15am) and be at the right place, right time. Then later in the morning came upon 2 big males and a female sunning themselves. Third lion encounter in 2 days. Got some cool photos.
    Last edited by Doc; 10-12-2015 at 02:36 AM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Bombino

Re: pretty freakin awesome morning

Damn that sounds awesome.

Cool

I'm trying to figure an easy way to post images from my camera. I've a few on my smart phone but some killer ones on my camera
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Images too large. Will have to wait til I get home and load onto photo bucket.

Still need to get 2 of the big 5 . We have cape buffalo, lion, elephant. Still rhino and leopard, however or goal is also to "shoot" a cheetah (photographically shoot). Not bad for 2 days

Doc, you might want to look at this photo resizer software. If you like what you see, you can download it for free

http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDetail.htm
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Doc, you might want to look at this photo resizer software. If you like what you see, you can download it for free

http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDetail.htm
    Only have my tablet and smart phone, nothing I can download any software on......or any images from my camera

Bummer
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Go to picresize.Com and it will resize without downloading any software. Have used that before (along with FastStone and one other one.)

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Fab Five

Wow! Just Wow!

We are at the Serengeti tonight. Hoping to see cheetah tomorrow and tree climbing lion. Maybe leopard too.

pretty freakin awesome morning

For someone in your field that has to be the greatest experience you could have. Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Last edited by Doc; 10-18-2015 at 11:02 AM.

http://s79.photobucket.com/user/ksrd...uknnj.jpg.html

This is my favorite. This is after the hyenas in picture one brought down the widebeest and the lions stole it then killed it and ate it. The cape buffalo came and chased the lions away, as you can see and the one lion has the carcass of the skull and ribs. I absolutely love this image

Here are the lions eating the wildebeest

http://s79.photobucket.com/user/ksrd...clbaw.jpg.html

Edit to add that the above picture isn't a lion eating the wildebeest. Clearly that isn't a wildebeest. Its a zebra. That is from a different encounter. We didn't witness that kill, only came across as this lioness was consuming. Several other had already had their fill and were lounging nearby. As you can see the abdominal contents are gone. They eat that first
    Last edited by Doc; 10-25-2015 at 10:53 AM.

Im finally home. Download some of my pictures from my second batch onto photobucket (link to album) but still have about a thousand to go thru. Best if viewed as slide show.

Last edited by Doc; 10-24-2015 at 09:18 PM.

Awesome stuff Doc. That's the Africa Dr. Marsh Tracy didn't show us back in the day.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain