Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Official coaching search rumors thread

Re: Official coaching search rumors thread

I am not sure what Joker did that Brooks did not, or vice versa. I know Joker's tenure failed and although I believe his staff would have had an improvement next year, I doubt it would have sufficed to justify a return. So, I think Mitch made the logical decision. The CIW model was one I supported, because I trusted Brooks and knew that Joker loved UK. The combination made it an easy sell to me.

I do not agree that the next coach must get us to a bowl. We won 2 games this year. Had Maxwell not gone down, I think we would have won three-four games. If we stay healthy next year, especially if Clemmons and Sweat return, we may be able to put up some points in a smart offense. But, a bowl trip is not a requirement.

Sources are now saying Mike MacIntyre will be introduced Monday or Tuesday...I cant say on this site how I really feel but I think this is one F'd up hire

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelSteve View Post
    Report from a San Diego radio station says that Kentucky has offered San Jose State coach Mike MacIntyre...seriously Mitch? Seriously? He's 16-21 all time...1 good year does not make him an SEC CALIBER COACH
    His record does not preclude that his is SEC caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Badinage View Post
    His record does not preclude that his is SEC caliber.
    The problem with UK FB is money...how in the hell can you convince boosters to FINALLY put money into this program when you make such an uninspiring hire like this...even if he IS a good fit, the perception automatically makes it so much harder for him to succeed...Mitch needed a HR hire...this is a HUGE whiff for strike 3

He is a Vandy alum...Vandy didnt even consider him...to me that speaks volumes

SJSU is 10-2 and has only played 4 teams with a winning record...two of THOSE teams beat SJSU...you have GOT to look deeper than what is right directly in front of you...I am so disheartened right now

A radio station announced this and you have fallen into depression? Man, this is going to be difficult on you.

MacIntyre looks good to me. He has really done good things at San Jose for a program that has no tradition. His recruiting to a WAC school has been solid. He lost to a good Utah State team, but just fell shy of upsetting one the best teams on the west coast in Stanford. I bet people like Parcells is suggesting this guy to Mitch. Looks like a rising star.

Reportedly Aaron Cordero has tweeted that a source tells him that we will announce a coach tomorrow or Tuesday and he's GUESSING Macintyre. Aaron is not foolproof but gives out usually reliable info. I wouldn't dismiss Mac at all, took over a pathetic program and has gone from 1-12 to 10-2 in three years! Parcells reportedly recommending his highly to Mitch, coached with him in Dallas. Guy has had 5 years of NFL experience and has a lot of contacts in the South

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Blue View Post
    Reportedly Aaron Cordero has tweeted that a source tells him that we will announce a coach tomorrow or Tuesday and he's GUESSING Macintyre. Aaron is not foolproof but gives out usually reliable info. I wouldn't dismiss Mac at all, took over a pathetic program and has gone from 1-12 to 10-2 in three years! Parcells reportedly recommending his highly to Mitch, coached with him in Dallas. Guy has had 5 years of NFL experience and has a lot of contacts in the South
    I'll give him a chance, as should everyone, but I swear to god if were still losing by 20 to Louisville, 40 to Alabama, Florida and USC then the heat needs to be turned to full blast on the coach AND Barnhart

Kyle Tucker ‏@KyleTucker_CJ

Text from source tonight: "If you attend a press conference this week: Anderson, Dykes or MacIntyre."

I think MacIntyre would do a good job. I'm not head over heels in love with any coaching candidate that I'm hearing tied to Kentucky, but he has some qualities that I think would work very well.

When he took over at San Jose State, he had 65 (I think) scholarships. He went 1-11 or 2-10. NCAA removed scholarships restrictions in 2011, and he is in his 2nd year of the full 85 scholarships, and he went 10-2. What would he do there in his 3rd, 4th and 5th year of 85 scholarships (he was # 1 in the WAC in recruiting last year, just for reference).

He has great bloodlines with his Dad a coach; he has great ties to the NFL (something some believe is significant in recruiting and in formulating your staff.) He is actually known as a defensive coach, but with the scholarship restrictions, his defensive side of the football was down. From people that know him, that is set to get much, much better.

He's one of a handful of candidates I hold cautious optimism for. Anybody is a bit of a crapshoot that we will get. There are signs that this one may be a good play (to me).

MacIntyre and Anderson were the least known in this process, but both have me excited. Mac being a successful DC who has a solid offensive philosophy, demonstrating an ability to build a perennial bottom dweller, probably is my new preference. I suspect Mitch really probed Sttops about his offensive preferences. Hopefully, we know soon.

I'm good with MacIntyre. He has good bloodlines, has proven himself well at SJSU. West coast recruiting is easier as he doesn't have to leave his locality to get players. That is the challenge at UK. UK has adequate pieces in place to win 5-7 games. That should be the bar for next season.

I agree that 5-7 wins should be the objective for next season, barring crucial injuries. We need to replace Warford and Smith. Not an easy task. I think the Juco route from the West Coast may be a good place to look to give us depth on the OLine. I will be excited for Jones, Stoops, Anderson or Mac. I think Stoops and Jones will land, however, at the other SEC schools.

Erik Ainge ‏@ErikAinge3

Heads up, watch out for Butch Jones to Kentucky...coming soon

Consider the source and all, but now we have two different radio station personalities giving us two different stories, the only commonality between them being that the announcement should come early this week. So I guess that much is at least a blessing.
    Follow my insane ramblings on UK sports and this crazy world we live in: @UKSalsaKat

Ewe Tee has an interest in Jones too. Erik may know their specifics, but I doubt he knows UK's specifics.....

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    Ewe Tee has an interest in Jones too. Erik may know their specifics, but I doubt he knows UK's specifics.....
    What I'm reading, and apparently this is something that he said on the radio so I have no way to verify this without listening to entire podcasts of a Vawl radio show which I have no intention of doing, is that he found out that Jones was off the list for Tennessee and after probing further he found it was because an agreement had been reached with Kentucky.
    Follow my insane ramblings on UK sports and this crazy world we live in: @UKSalsaKat

That sounds good. If so, I hope it is official soon.

Per a source inside UK athletics, Butch Jones, Sonny Dykes and Mark Stoops have all said "no thanks" to Kentucky.

Mike MacIntyre and one other unnamed coach still on UK's radar, per source.

Source on UK football search: "All the agents are telling their coaches it's a dead-end job and if they're an up-and-comer, don't touch it."

SAN JOSE -- San Jose State coach Mike MacIntyre said Monday that rumors of him being offered the job at Kentucky are false.

"There's no truth to that," MacIntyre said. "Even my daughter's calling me from Texas, saying 'Hey what's this?' It's just all Internet stuff.

"Those things are always going to fly. To me, that's good for the program. I know people think that distracts, but there's all kinds of stuff all over the Internet all the time. Honestly, I'm just trying to focus on the bowl game and recruiting and we'll go from there."

But MacIntyre said he has yet to be contacted by Kentucky, or any other schools with openings, including Cal.

"Nope, not as of right now," MacIntyre said. "We're just going along with what we're doing. I'm honestly just focused on that bowl game."

San Jose State wrapped up a 10-2 regular season -- its first 10-win season since 1987 -- with Saturday's 52-43 win over Louisiana Tech. The Spartans are ranked No. 25 in the BCS standings and are awaiting a bowl invitation.

Several reports in the weeks since Kentucky fired coach Joker Phillips have tied MacIntyre to the Wildcats' opening. Kentucky associate athletic director John Cropp was an assistant at Vanderbilt under George MacIntyre, Mike's father. Kentucky athletic director Mitch Barnhart is also reportedly close to Bill Parcells, whom MacIntyre worked under with the Dallas Cowboys.

MacIntyre was asked whether he owed it to himself to listen if one of those schools -- which likely would deliver a major pay raise -- contacted him.

"I don't know about that," he said. "I love it here. I've got a son that's a junior in high school. I know he definitely wants to see his senior year. There's a lot of issues that go into everything."

http://www.mercurynews.com/sjsu-spar...tm_source=t.co

Mark Story ‏@markcstory

Jimbo Fischer says UK has not interviewed Mark Stoops. Mike MacIntyre says he has not been contacted by UK. Hmmmmm

I like the choices that have been presented. More people are now saying Stoops. That would make me happy. I would love to see him put together a staff and get to recruiting. And, I think our relatively young defense would rejoice, not to mention a couple of good recruits we still have on the board. I think Mac is going to succeed someplace. And, I think Butch Jones would be fun. I feel good about the process and the prospects.

We have quite a few Florida commits. Stoops should excite them!!!