Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Official coaching search rumors thread

Re: Official coaching search rumors thread

There's a big ol' rumor about Bill Cowher "out there" now.......

Quote Originally Posted by bluesuedeshoes View Post
    There's a big ol' rumor about Bill Cowher "out there" now.......
    Oh god now THAT would be awesome

I love that fans have no clue. I would prefer the excitement of the chase and more info, but the quiet nature of this is entertaining. But, I also think the media is, to a great extent, ambivalent. Wouldn't there be much more written and said if we were hiring a basketball coach?

Quote Originally Posted by Badinage View Post
    I love that fans have no clue. I would prefer the excitement of the chase and more info, but the quiet nature of this is entertaining. But, I also think the media is, to a great extent, ambivalent. Wouldn't there be much more written and said if we were hiring a basketball coach?
    Oh yeah, I just went on Kentucky.com and down to the sports section on the main page you have 2 MBB articles...a WBB articles, then an opinion piece on the new FB coach...really? Matt Jones said that his show yesterday was his 3rd most listened to show in its history, the fans really want this program to succeed, the interest is there, but you would never know it with this states media, just checked the CJ and it's 4th on its page too and its just about the players support for Joker. I know were playing dUKe tonight but good lord

Tommy Tuberville says he's tired of moving his family around and doesnt wanna do it again

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews....ly-again.html/

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelSteve View Post
    Oh yeah, I just went on Kentucky.com and down to the sports section on the main page you have 2 MBB articles...a WBB articles, then an opinion piece on the new FB coach...really? Matt Jones said that his show yesterday was his 3rd most listened to show in its history, the fans really want this program to succeed, the interest is there, but you would never know it with this states media, just checked the CJ and it's 4th on its page too and its just about the players support for Joker. I know were playing dUKe tonight but good lord

It is crazy, but then I think Mitch is not letting many peole in and those who are on the inside are evidently keeping things close to the vest.

I have to ask why Larry Vaught quoted an anonymous "former UK player" today. Seemed the quote was a drive-by swipe at Mitch and a promotion of Petrino. Seems a former player would be big enough to stand up and make his comments without anonymity. And, a former player could be anything from a bench riding walk-on to a star NFL player. Why hide who said it when it comes to just one player's opinion? And, why offer that, at all, unless Vaught is trying to put pressure on Mitch to hire Petrino?

It is crazy, but then I think Mitch is not letting many peole in and those who are on the inside are evidently keeping things close to the vest.

I have to ask why Larry Vaught quoted an anonymous "former UK player" today. Seemed the quote was a drive-by swipe at Mitch and a promotion of Petrino. Seems a former player would be big enough to stand up and make his comments without anonymity. And, a former player could be anything from a bench riding walk-on to a star NFL player. Why hide who said it when it comes to just one player's opinion? And, why offer that, at all, unless Vaught is trying to put pressure on Mitch to hire Petrino?
    Yeah Im getting sick of Mr. Anonymous as well, but at the same time, they may be trying to be kept from being kicked out of the circle. I know on this other board I visit, there is this WVU insider and when there were rumors about WVU going to either the Big 12 or the SEC, the AD was trying to find out where leaks were coming from and intentionally put bad info out there to see who was running and telling things they shouldnt have been, so until something is officially said, we'll never know whats truth and whats fiction

Apparently there is enough rumors about Utah State coach Gary Anderson to prompt this

FootballScoop Staff ‏@footballscoop

Not sure where it's coming from but a couple of guys asked me today about Utah State's Gary Andersen going to Kentucky as head coach.

FootballScoop Staff ‏@footballscoop

Gary Andersen is a Utah guy through & through. He's about to have 3 of his sons on his team at Utah State. Can't imagine him going to UK

Mr. SEC says UK needs to make a serious run for Rex Ryan with the Jets falling apart, timing is perfect

http://www.mrsec.com/2012/11/with-th...a-call-to-rex/

Duh. It's about time Mr. SEC got with the program.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Hold on...Sonny Dykes is 2-13 against teams with winning records....HELL NO

Coaching in the WAC, his team is probably the underdog in just about every out of conference game. By my calculations, he's actually 5-13 against teams with winning records and 17-1 against teams with losing records. His team beat Ole Miss last year and has beaten Illinois and Virginia this year and lost to Texas A&M by 2 points.

Matt Jones cites UC insider site, saying Butch Jones has been offered by UK.
    Follow my insane ramblings on UK sports and this crazy world we live in: @UKSalsaKat

Quote Originally Posted by SalsaKat View Post
    DEAR GOD NO...good lord leave it to Barnhart to screw this up, it's not the worst hire, but both sides could do better

Quote Originally Posted by SalsaKat View Post
    If true, one would think Jones would jump at the chance to get out of the sinking ship that is the Big Least. Coming to UK would be contingent on other offers, of course.

Mitch is probably just going down his list. There's no telling who he might have already offered or who's next if Jones says no.
    Last edited by Catfan73; 11-18-2012 at 01:37 PM.

And people on Twitter are saying Kentucky fans are delusional for thinking Jones is a bad hire...could be worse...we could be...these guys

DEAR GOD NO...good lord leave it to Barnhart to screw this up, it's not the worst hire, but both sides could do better
    I thnk your criticism is a tad premature.

I thnk your criticism is a tad premature.
    Not when Joker has more wins over top 25 teams than he does

UK denies the Bearcat Lair report saying they havent offered anyone yet

http://www.kentucky.com/2012/11/18/2...ce=twitterfeed

David Cutcliffe says he will be coaching dUKe next year...thank GOD

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...uke-next-year/

Not when Joker has more wins over top 25 teams than he does
    Are you serious? How many top 25 teams has Jones even had the chance to coach against, operating in the Big East? Joker got chances almost weekly. By my count he's 1-12 against teams that were in the top 25 when they played. Jones is 0-3.

He may be a good coach, but....(let's go ahead and start the inevitable)....will he win as quickly and as many games as BP might have?

Quote Originally Posted by ram View Post
    He may be a good coach, but....(let's go ahead and start the inevitable)....will he win as quickly and as many games as BP might have?
    My counterpoint is that even a Bobby Petrino, coaching a program like Kentucky against a league like the SEC, might cap out at around 8 wins.

Not for sure, but this is quite a tough coaching spot and I bet he wouldn't look like quite the miracle worker he has before.
    Last edited by SalsaKat; 11-19-2012 at 06:59 AM.
    Follow my insane ramblings on UK sports and this crazy world we live in: @UKSalsaKat

David Cutcliffe says he will be coaching dUKe next year...thank GOD

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...uke-next-year/
    Cutcliffe's name was mentioned in the article for UT's vacancy, not UK's.

Quote Originally Posted by ram View Post
    Yup. That will be the silly question and debate subject for the new coach to have to deal with. The idea that people who do not get their way can make life difficult for the rest of us is something to really look forward to. And, if the next coach is a huge success, those people will remain quiet and pretend they supported the coach all along.

That will be the question that is asked. ...don't agree that the people asking it are interested in making life difficult for anti-BP people...they just want to win. I believe things have permanently changed... "up-front" support is a thing of the past. Many fans will now take the "wait and see" position on embracing the new guy. If he wins a lot and consistently, he'll be supported as much as any coach in America. To quote the best color commentator in the history of college sports "Everyone loves a winner, Babeeeeeee!"

But it is irrational to think that winning only can come from one coach. That is the take some BP supporters are taking and there is not foundation for such a belief.

Could it be that these people don't question that only one coach can win, but that one or two could win more quickly, consistently and at a higher level than the average "good" coach?

Twitter has absolutely blown up about a rumor on another homer board that Petrino will be introduced as Kentucky's coach very soon, again just a rumor but god I hope it's true