Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official coaching search rumors thread

Re: Official coaching search rumors thread

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelSteve View Post
    Bobby Petrino Sr. says Petrino wants the Kentucky job
    This could also be a ploy to get other schools to make serious offers. Not saying it isn't necessarily legit, but.
    Follow my insane ramblings on UK sports and this crazy world we live in: @UKSalsaKat

Jon Gruden's mother said.....oh, never mind.

If Mitch delegated this decision to me, I would interview Petrino. I would first interview his wife to see how she feels Bobby responded to getting caught. If she gave me reason to believe he learned a lesson, I would interview Bobby. The guy can flat out coach, identify talent and develop players. He knows how to prepare teams on the field. If he passed the interview, I would present a contract that favored UK. It would be incentiv heavy and have a huge buyout and would include morality accountability.

This puts pressure on Mitch to get a big hit coach, because people think Bobby could get it done.

Petrino would probably ask Summers and Nord to stay, and maybe Cassity. That would provide some retention in the recruiting market and would help retain some commitments.

Doubt Lying Bob ever gets that first call from us

LMAO...Vegas making bets on who is the next Kentucky coach

Yesterday, Ben noted that the father of deposed Arkansas head coach Bobby Petrino stated in no uncertain terms that, if offered, his son would accept the same job at Kentucky.

Despite the obvious hurdles — Petrino’s fall from grace in Fayetteville as well as his previous tenure at Louisville — he’s the early favorite to replace Joker Phillips in Lexington.

In odds released Thursday by Bovada.com, Petrino comes in as the slight favorite of degenerates oddsmakers at 2/1, followed closely by a pair of current college football head coaches more likely to land the job if interested — Duke’s David Cutcliffe and Louisiana Tech’s Sonny Dykes.

Texas Tech’s Tommy Tuberville, the former Auburn coach who has been connected to a return to The Plains if Gene Chizik is canned — comes in at 9/2. Western Kentucky’s Willie Taggart, whose Hilltoppers beat the Wildcats earlier this season, is at 5/1 along with San Jose State’s Mike MacIntyre.

Others potential UK candidates mentioned by Bovada are Arkansas State’s Gus Malzahn — his name will also be in play for the opening at Arkansas — at 8/1 and Dirk Koetter, former Boise State head coach and current Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator, at 12/1.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...-for-kentucky/

Don't look for Petrino---hearing he will not be employed within the SEC. Also don't see anyone from Oregon, CRB and MB aren't seeing eye to eye these days.

Quote Originally Posted by millsforthree View Post
    Don't look for Petrino---hearing he will not be employed within the SEC. Also don't see anyone from Oregon, CRB and MB aren't seeing eye to eye these days.
    I figured something was up...CRB saying one year he wants to stay in Kentucky then the next his house is up for sale...and more recently he's been tweeting less and less about UK...I just figured he was mad at Joker for firing the entire staff he was handed and destroying everything he worked hard to build

Coachingsearch.com has said that Pittsburgh Steelers QB coach Randy Fichtner is now in the mix

http://www.coachingsearch.com/home/1...ch-update.html

I figured something was up...CRB saying one year he wants to stay in Kentucky then the next his house is up for sale...and more recently he's been tweeting less and less about UK...I just figured he was mad at Joker for firing the entire staff he was handed and destroying everything he worked hard to build
    CRB hasn't been happy with things since he was here. A good read from Eric Crawford

http://www.wdrb.com/story/20003655/c...ow-and-culture

Mass speculation...1 down 3 to go in the SEC. Rumors are swirling the internet that Arkansas is close to hiring TCUs Gary Patterson. Also word out of Auburn last night was the schools President was in the early stages of dismissing Gene Chizik

Quote Originally Posted by fastkat View Post
    CRB hasn't been happy with things since he was here. A good read from Eric Crawford

http://www.wdrb.com/story/20003655/c...ow-and-culture
    It's a shame, supposedly close friends with Barnhart when he got to Lexington, and his buddy just couldnt do it for him...money has been spent on every single program at the university...except the biggest cash cow, what a shame...but hey...the rifle team has a NC trophy sitting in the coaches office

Do we spend a lot of money on the rifle team? Do you really think the problem is that if we just had all of that money we spent on the rifle team and spent it on the football team . . . . oh what a difference that would make!
    changing my signature to change our luck.

How much revenue was produced by the rifle, softball, soccer, gymnastics, track teams last year, yet money is thrown toward them? The priorities are backward. Spend every red cent you can to get Football back on track. With winning Football, there'll be plenty of money to do whatever you want to do with all of those sports.
    Last edited by ram; 11-10-2012 at 07:29 AM.

Haven't you heard? You cant have a national championship caliber rifle team and a top notch football program at the same university.

This just happened...THIS is what Kentucky needs...fire is undeniable

What, is Tuberville trying to get fired? Is he trying to beat Petrino back to Auburn?

It's possible to have fire without being abusive. Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    What, is Tuberville trying to get fired? Is he trying to beat Petrino back to Auburn?

It's possible to have fire without being abusive. Pass.
    What? Why are people so upset with this? This is awesome, its great to have a coach that has this fired...and when you struggle with a Kansas team that hasnt won a Big 12 game since beating god awful Colorado in 2010...I would be mad too

Put his hands on me like that and it is ON!
    One comes away a winner, one comes away a sumbitch.

After Billy Clyde that is the last thing we need.

If you can't get your point across without violence, ain't much weight to it.
    The actions of a bully.
    Last edited by BigBluePappy; 11-10-2012 at 04:49 PM. Reason: After thought
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

If you think Tuberville is bad...then you might as well scratch Mike Leach off the list as well

The schools all time leading receiver

“Dear Cougar Nation:

“It is with a heavy heart that I announce my decision to forgo playing football for Washington State University. I realize the school is saying that I am suspended for violating team policies and may return next week, but this is a lie. This is an attempt by the athletic department to cover up what is really happening in that locker room.

“It is been a privilege to be a Cougar, to perform on your field and wear the Crimson and Gray. I would like to thank Washington State University for giving me the opportunity to do what I love most, to play football and receive a quality education for the past three years. I’m grateful to the athletic department for the coaching, care and encouragement I have received prior to this season.

“This was going to be our year. My teammates and I were aspiring to be the winning team you deserve. Unfortunately for all, the new coaching staff has destroyed that endeavor. I believe coaches have a chance to mold players, to shape men, to create greatness. However, the new regime of coaches has preferred to belittle, intimidate and humiliate us. This approach has obviously not been successful, and has put a dark shadow on this program.

“My teammates and I have endured this treatment all season long. It is not “tough love”. It is abuse. This abuse cannot be allowed to continue. I feel it is my duty to stand up and shed light on this situation by sacrificing my drams, my education and my pride. I resign from this team. I am deeply sorry to those I am letting down. I am not a quitter. I was raised by my family, and many previous coaches to exhibit dedication and embrace sacrifice, but there comes a time when one has to draw a line in the sand.

“Lastly, I thank my fellow teammates, those who also have left the program this year, and those we are leaving behind. I hope our departure will bring awareness to the physical, emotional and verbal abuse being allowed in the locker room and on the field. I pray for healing and recovery for all those who have been hurt by this treatment

“Sincerely,

Marquess Wilson”

http://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/art...text|Frontpage

I played for coaches who verbally abused us, hell, we even felt physically abused sometimes, but we showed up the next day and tried harder. We never quit.

Without knowing the details - which he conveniently left out of his "resignation" - it's not my place to judge, I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesuedeshoes View Post
    I played for coaches who verbally abused us, hell, we even felt physically abused sometimes, but we showed up the next day and tried harder. We never quit.

Without knowing the details - which he conveniently left out of his "resignation" - it's not my place to judge, I reckon.
    Well without knowing the facts, the fact remains that Leach has had allegations at two BCS programs now...he is on his way to being labeled as "Unhireable"

This is another reason i was never for him coming here.

It's a shame, supposedly close friends with Barnhart when he got to Lexington, and his buddy just couldnt do it for him...money has been spent on every single program at the university...except the biggest cash cow, what a shame...but hey...the rifle team has a NC trophy sitting in the coaches office
    I think the "Rich was Mitch's good buddy from Oregon" stuff was mostly something spread by people in the Ditch Rich and Mitch days before Brooks turned things around in 2006.

The truth is that they knew each other, but probably not that well. Brooks was head coach at Oregon and left for the NFL after the 1994 season. Barnhart was the AD at Oregon State I think from 1997-2001, and was Associate AD at Tennessee before that. The only time they ever worked together before UK was earlier in Mitch's career he spent 1 year as director of The Duck Fund at Oregon while Brooks was coaching there. The outside (i.e. not UK people) info I've read is that the biggest influence on Brooks getting involved in the coaching search and in Barnhart giving him the job was former Oregon / Nebraska / Texas A&M AD Bill Byrne. Byrne was AD at Oregon during part of Brooks' time there, and his son (now AD at Arizona?) was working for Mitch at UK.

(and yes, Byrne was also BCG's boss when Mitch hired him from Texas A&M)

Columbus Dispatch reporter

Tim May ‏@TIM_MAYsports

Jim Tressel just said in email there is "no substance" to talk he might be candidate at Kentucky. He's committed to his Akron job, he said.

Derek Dooley has been fired at Tennessee...I know I know...youre so shocked

Does our University even have a plan formulated for hiring a Coach. Do they have a idea of what direction they want to go or they just playing it by ear. They should have had some plan formulated going into SEC play when they realized we may be having a truly bad season..

Have we interviewed anyone, talked to anyones reps or anything like that?

If I had a nickel for every agenda on message boards I could have retired last year.

Derek Dooley has been fired at Tennessee...I know I know...youre so shocked
    Is there any confirmation on this? All I've been able to find is "blogs" and reports of "rumors".
    Follow my insane ramblings on UK sports and this crazy world we live in: @UKSalsaKat

Quote Originally Posted by SalsaKat View Post
    Is there any confirmation on this? All I've been able to find is "blogs" and reports of "rumors".
    SI was reporting it yesterday...then UT came out and denied it and they took it down

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsoldier202 View Post
    Does our University even have a plan formulated for hiring a Coach. Do they have a idea of what direction they want to go or they just playing it by ear. They should have had some plan formulated going into SEC play when they realized we may be having a truly bad season..

Have we interviewed anyone, talked to anyones reps or anything like that?
    Matt Jones wrote a blog yesterday saying yes, that people in the athletic department was shocked by the response, said Mitch does have a list and after this little episode with Mike Leach, Leach was more than likely off the list...IDK