Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Solid State Drives

I've been using a Surface Pro 3 "tablet" as my principal computer at my home office for a couple of years now. When I get frustrated with my spinning hard drives on my brand new computer at work, I go home. SSDs rule.

My Dell 6600 laptop is basically a 2012 computer, so it's not a current machine.

But put a honking SSD drive in it, 16GB of Ram and the fastest i7 they made at the time, and it still screams on my most recent apps.

I'm about to upgrade Visual Studio so we'll see, but this thing still flies with Office and such, and it's largely b/c of the SSD. I bought it refurb, paid way under workstation prices, put a $150 SSD upgrade in it and it flies.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Just ordered a 275 GB Crucial for $99 to replace a failed 120GB Kingston.

I hope it really was a failed SSD. Just got back my daughter's Lenovo laptop from the company and what my son diagnosed as a failing hard drive was instead a bad motherboard they replaced. So I hope we don't have a similar situation here.

By the way, very high regard for Lenovo service department. Although I had to ship it in at my expense, they received it Wednesday late afternoon at their Louisville service center, repaired it yesterday by replacing the motherboard after they diagnosed it, and shipped it back to me where we received it this afternoon. It is working flawlessly. Great service. 48 hours after they received it, it was as back in my hands properly repaired.

U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Prices on SSDs finally starting to come down--here's a deal on a 480 GB for $100:

https://deals.kinja.com/1823028681
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

So we started this thread a few years ago--I thought of it when I saw 500gb Crucial SSDs are on sale for $58:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...adeals-20&th=1

While that's an incredibly low price, what really surprises me is the regular price is only $68. So prices have finally come down on these SSDs.