Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flashlight deal - 1600 lumen flashlight for $25

Re: Flashlight deal - 1600 lumen flashlight for $25

Thanks again. I had not gotten to turbo mode when trying it out before, and once again the retinal patterns will go away soon. Dude this thing is insanely bright and being the guinea pig that I am, I just had to see what the tactical strobe would do to my vision. In full daylight, albeit a cloudy day, not only is it blinding, the strobe really messes with one's vision.

My name is Dan and I am a flashlightaholic.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

My last post about the flashlight

I stopped there, as I did not order, waiting on Dan to try it out first .
    Go ahead and order it.
    seeya
    dan

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Thanks again. I had not gotten to turbo mode when trying it out before, and once again the retinal patterns will go away soon. Dude this thing is insanely bright and being the guinea pig that I am, I just had to see what the tactical strobe would do to my vision. In full daylight, albeit a cloudy day, not only is it blinding, the strobe really messes with one's vision.

My name is Dan and I am a flashlightaholic.
    Haha, Dan join the club. I am getting this for a flashlightaholic BIL of mine for x-mas. I think he will very much enjoy it.

I lied about it being my last post.

Darrell, just a couple of more observations about the light. It is somewhat of a power hog, but you do get a lot during the battery life. I played with it in all different modes I could get to for a little over 2 hours and 15 minutes before the battery died. The power source is like most lithium ion sources in that it goes full bore and then just dies with no warning. I recharged the battery to 100% and it took a little over 4 hours. Wondering how I got the charger so fast? We have a Batteries Plus brick and mortar store in town, and I visited them yesterday. I bought a charger and 2 more batteries for a good price. The charger is not the D2 that Pedro recommended, but it fit the need and was a good deal.

I was showing my new toy to Judy last night in the den and she said that it is bright, (click) that is really bright, (click) Wow that is really bright, (click) would you turn that thing off? ;-) I did, then turned the strobe feature on and she said turn that damn thing off, that is insane and it is messing with my eyes. I apologized, turned it off and went back to the shop knowing that I had a dangerous toy in my hand.
    seeya
    dan

Thanks, Dan. I appreciate you guinea pigging it for me. I'll probably join soon.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Soon I'll be reading about one bright enough to start fires.

My SOP is to buy four " One AA battery" size lights at black friday and give each family member one each year. And if there is a sale in the spring a couple more for me. I got about ten now, almost enough to be able to find one if I need one.

Check out the pre Christmas deals at your local Home Depot, if there is one near by. They generally have some great deals in store on their Defiant (Cree) brand lights. I have not counted lately, but I think I have 5 of them now.
    seeya
    dan

Check out the pre Christmas deals at your local Home Depot, if there is one near by. They generally have some great deals in store on their Defiant (Cree) brand lights. I have not counted lately, but I think I have 5 of them now.
    That is the kind I buy, mostly. My truck has a couple of higher end ones. My idea is I always have some AAs and "one battery" allows a spare in the tackle box or fishing creel or truck jockey box. Triple A a devices take too many batteries.

So another consequence of LEDs is that my Coleman gas lantern with mantles whose light and smell I've loved-- taking me back to the cabin long drowned by Lake Barkley-is left behind in favor of a D-cell powered LED lantern. On low those lanterns burn forever, night after night.

Do you use AA rechargables? If you do not, I really recommend the Sanyo Eneloop batteries. Duracel rechargeables are supposed to be the same battery just with a different label on them. You can put them in a light and never worry about leakage, and they stay charged a long, long, long, long time between charges if the light does not get much use.

I am like you, I absolutely love my Coleman twin mantle lantern. A gallon of gas and some mantles will last a long long time
    seeya
    dan

Bombino

Do you use AA rechargables? If you do not, I really recommend the Sanyo Eneloop batteries. Duracel rechargeables are supposed to be the same battery just with a different label on them. You can put them in a light and never worry about leakage, and they stay charged a long, long, long, long time between charges if the light does not get much use.

I am like you, I absolutely love my Coleman twin mantle lantern. A gallon of gas and some mantles will last a long long time
    Only some Duracells are, you have to pay attention to the COA. Additionally, it is specifically they pre-charged rechargables that are possibly eneloops. If it is Made In China it is another brand of rechargeable (I think Ray O Vac) and not nearly as good, if it is Made in Japan then it is rebadged eneloops. Honestly, the Costco deal I posted is a killer deal if you are in the market for rechargables. Since I go to Costco regularly, I can pick up a pack for anyone that wants one.
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 10-24-2015 at 12:29 PM.

I read recently that Panasonic had bought the Eneloop brand. Sure hope they do not screw it up. Report I read said manufacturing would remain in Japan in same factory, but I do not know how long that will last.

btw Pedro, thanks for adding the tid bit about the China vs Japan Duracells, as I forgot to mention that detail.
    seeya
    dan

Bombino

Flashlight deal - 1600 lumen flashlight for $25

I read recently that Panasonic had bought the Eneloop brand. Sure hope they do not screw it up. Report I read said manufacturing would remain in Japan in same factory, but I do not know how long that will last.

btw Pedro, thanks for adding the tid bit about the China vs Japan Duracells, as I forgot to mention that detail.
    Panasonic has owned Sanyo for a long time, Sanyo became a fully owned subsidiary in 2010. They are just changing the branding.

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

Well, I will be darned. Had no idea that was the case. Article I read, and yes it had a current Oct. 2015 publish date on it, talked like it had just happened.

Thanks
    seeya
    dan

Bombino

Flashlight deal - 1600 lumen flashlight for $25

Saw this comic today and had to laugh:

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

Bombino

Just a heads up for the MAG Light Fans:

3-D Cell "Skullbuster-style" maglights on sale $20
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...99a8f008280000

Not near the lumens of the Defiant flashlights from HD but the solid build that some people love.

Sale ends in 6 hours. That is a great deal for a rugged beast of a light. I have had one for years and it has never let me down. With the batteries loaded, it is a formidable club style weapon.
    seeya
    dan