Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Congrats to D Allen

Unforgettable

Congrats to D Allen

Congratulations to David Allen, Dean of Pharmacy School of Ole Miss for putting his school into the top ten nationally for total extramural funding, the only SEC pharmacy school in the top ten. His school ranks number 7. They received $15.6 million in 2014.

David has been there a few years but from all I have read and heard from pharmacy friends is doing an outstanding job. As I understand from friends in the business the alumni were very fractured when he took over but he pretty quickly began bringing them together.

If you ever get the chance to spend time with David it won't take you long to understand why he is successful. Quality person, strong faith, great guy. To give you one example, I was told he stopped one day to tell the landscape workers how much he appreciated the work they did around his school area and how good it looked. From what I was told they were stunned but highly appreciative. They don't hear that from a school Dean. He also sat down with retail pharmacist at the beginning to listen

Congratulations again David, ole Miss needs to work hard to keep you in the fold

David is good people.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Rupp's Runt

Re: Congrats to D Allen

Wow! I was VERY humbled to open up KSR and see this post. Thanks, Skip, for the very kind words. I am blessed to work with amazing people who make my job easy and are the example of what teamwork is and should be in a School of Pharmacy. It really is the work of others that deserve the kudos. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by KSRdallen View Post
    Wow! I was VERY humbled to open up KSR and see this post. Thanks, Skip, for the very kind words. I am blessed to work with amazing people who make my job easy and are the example of what teamwork is and should be in a School of Pharmacy. It really is the work of others that deserve the kudos. Thank you!
    The mark of a great man, giving credit to others. I never do. That speaks volumes!

Rupp's Runt

Congratulations!
    MOLON LABE!

Way to go, dallen!
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Bombino

Very damn impressive! I love to see a southern school on the up and up intellectually!

Unforgettable

David, have you applied for the chancellors job yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
    David, have you applied for the chancellors job yet ?
    Not interested in that job, Skip. I've got the best job on campus.

Thanks again for the kind words, gang. I'm grateful.

Unforgettable

Not interested in that job, Skip. I've got the best job on campus.

Thanks again for the kind words, gang. I'm grateful.
    Well I had planned on calling the committee

So how much is David paying you guys?

J/K, David is one of the top in his profession nationally, and has been for a while. Wish he were being a rock star in lexington so we could have a beer once in a while but definitely a rock star.

(I don't need a check D, but if you guys develop a pill that gives you X men superpowers just get me in the test program. Any of them are fine, move metal or manipulate the weather, but given the choice the Professor X pill will be my preference. Thanks in advance.)
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    So how much is David paying you guys?

J/K, David is one of the top in his profession nationally, and has been for a while. Wish he were being a rock star in lexington so we could have a beer once in a while but definitely a rock star.

(I don't need a check D, but if you guys develop a pill that gives you X men superpowers just get me in the test program. Any of them are fine, move metal or manipulate the weather, but given the choice the Professor X pill will be my preference. Thanks in advance.)
    Noted. You're first on the list.

David deserves all these accolades and more. When I hear the term gentleman and a scholar, he comes to mind. Proud to know you my friend.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    David deserves all these accolades and more. When I hear the term gentleman and a scholar, he comes to mind. Proud to know you my friend.
    Very nice words coming from a class individual and great friend. Thanks, Dave.

Bombino

Very nice words coming from a class individual and great friend. Thanks, Dave.
    I just realized, the SEC has THREE (and possibly four) pharmacy programs in the top 25 overall nationally (according to USNEWS)!

#5 UK
    #14 Florida
    #24 Ole Miss

Plus
    #17 Univ of Tenn Health Sciences (memphis). Not sure if that counts or if it is independent of UT.

UT is indeed counted as SEC. When the SEC deans meet, UT participates. I believe that the last time US News ranked pharmacy schools was back in 2012, so another update of those numbers should be forthcoming.
    Last edited by KSRdallen; 09-23-2015 at 05:59 PM.

Ole Miss has been and will continue to fly up those rankings.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Unforgettable

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Ole Miss has been and will continue to fly up those rankings.
    Trust me, they will...that last list was right before or right after David got there. So he graduated from a top ten school and is pushing his current school toward that top spot.

David is not only very intelligent, guard worker, appreciative of those that work with and around him, humble in his accomplishments, wonderful wife, but IMO he has all this because he is a man of great faith and has been truly blessed in so many ways.

He does have one fault that I gave noticed, he has become a darn Ole Miss football fan.

Not much to add but it's all true. Congrats!
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
    Trust me, they will...that last list was right before or right after David got there. So he graduated from a top ten school and is pushing his current school toward that top spot.

David is not only very intelligent, guard worker, appreciative of those that work with and around him, humble in his accomplishments, wonderful wife, but IMO he has all this because he is a man of great faith and has been truly blessed in so many ways.

He does have one fault that I gave noticed, he has become a darn Ole Miss football fan.
    Guilty as charged. The people associated with UM athletics are the reason. Ross Bjork and Hugh Freeze are both amazing folks, talented, men of faith and just all around great guys. The School of Pharmacy is partnering with Athletics in several ways, so it's win-win. My next door neighbor is Dave Wommack, the defensive coordinator. Same attributes as Ross and Hugh. All quality people.

That said, I am STILL a UK football fan!

Thanks, John! I appreciate it.