Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Dang, I guess I can't use my Ron Artest lunchbox either

Dang, I guess I can't use my Ron Artest lunchbox either

I'd not be shocked if this turns out to be a hoax, but then I'd not be shocked if it turned out to be real

Wonder Woman Lunchbox banned

due to violence
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Re: Dang, I guess I can't use my Ron Artest lunchbox either

Wouldn't surprise me a bit. The educational system is now completely overrun by extremist leftist zealots who, among other things, are devout pacifists. It's also ironic to have pacifist totalitarianism but they've managed.

Every kids program, every message is about cooperation and understanding and tolerance, so long as it's tolerance of things they support. I'm sure one of the things NOT on the tolerance list is people who fight back against evil and crime and such rather than just accepting it and asking the government for help. Wonder woman and other superheroes definitely fall into that category.

FWIW Wonder Woman has to my knowledge never killed anyone, even bad guys. She subdues them and turns them over to the justice system. The only "violence" she uses to solve problems is defensive in nature, using her strength, speed and wit to catch bad guys. Blocking bullets and putting a rope of truth on someone is "solving problems with violence"?

Were I them I'd dispute that her image even violates the code, as well as tell them to take their code and shove it up their ass.

Lastly, violence is a perfectly acceptable way to solve some problems, and in fact the only way to solve many of them. There was no way to sit down and build bridges to the Nazis or the rapist down the block. You use physical force to bring them back into conformance with society or to remove them from society.

We need violence, we rely on violence and the threat of such violence to keep us safe. That's what superheros are all about, the use of physical force (not necessarily violent btw, like wonder woman) to dispatch wrongdoing.

When I was a kid people were happy a young boy or girl looked up to Captain America or Superman or Wonder Woman. Now those are bad people who don't conform to the leftist mantra of replacing individualism and personal responsibility with state dependence. It's all interwoven with things like the laws in liberal states that when a criminal comes into your house you're supposed to leave rather than harm him. Same principle.

May be a hoax, but the logic certainly fits. I can absolutely see them seeing such characters as a bad thing. Beyond violence, they are about individual action, taking responsibility outside the realm of the government. They are vigilantes, dispensing justice when the government fails. That has to be a big basic issue with the leftists, b/c they love government and control and conformance above all else.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 08-29-2015 at 09:51 PM.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I don't care a bit! I watched something called "The Justice league" with the grand kids and in an episode where Superman was out of control and using his strength for no good...WW kicked his Kryptonian arse by matching him blow by blow and then just overpowering him.

No offense girls, but that's just silliness. WW can take her rosey red lesbian shtick back to the Amazon and live with her sisters for all I care. Get real!

She's banned from my house too.
    Last edited by kingcat; 08-30-2015 at 09:44 AM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

I believe it's real. And spectacular. Wait, wrong thought.

Some doofus idiot, when you read the letter, has no common sense. The problem isn't the policy, it's an idiot that can't connect the dots. Somebody that is amazed when light appears after a light switch is turned on.

The letter says that school dress code (presumably covering lunchboxes) bans violent images.

Fine. Not sure that's the biggest issue in the school system, but it's overall part of discipline, and I'm for that.

Then the writer can't connect dots. Claims super heros must fall in that category, obviously. How stupid.

I'm not sure I'd extend the violence to Batman, Superman, the Green Hornet, etc. but for dang sure the one you can't make that erroneous arbitrary conclusion is Wonder Woman.

Hopefully nobody on the planet other than the person that wrote the letter would make that kind of egregious error. I know no red-blooded American male would .

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Where one idiot goes, others will follow.

..see what they are doing here?

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

I seems to recall her as non violent. She used a golden lasso that forced you to tell the truth (boy, that's something you don't want to promote, truth telling), an invisible plane, magic bracelets that block bullets, and giant titons with a big caboose.

Wonder if they would object to an Obama lunch box? Or any other president for that matter. "Send in the drones!"
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Doc, that's a great point. Surely they can't allow an Obama lunchbox if they ban Wonder Woman. Obama has ordered the deaths of actual people, including American citizens (not that it matters, I think if you order people killed it's violent even if they're foreigners, lol).

That definitely needs to be on this parent's list of questions at the next school board meeting. Along with other questions like "is your head up your ass for the warmth?"
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.