Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

2015 SURVIVOR GAME THREAD

Elimination (or Survival) game: This is a new one so pay attention here. Each week you pick ONE SEC team to win. Its that simple. There are no points, no spreads. Just pick the winner. HOWEVER in the following weeks you can not re-use a team. So if you pick FL to win in week 1 then you can not use FL in week 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 etc. If you pick Alabama in week 2 you can not use FL or Bama in weeks 3 or 4 or 5 or 6. Note that you are not required to pick intraconference games so you can pick UK to beat LA-Laf but you can't pick LA-Laf to beat UK as your pick must be an SEC school. If the team you pick loses then you get a strike. Two strikes and you are out of the game. This game requires you to play from week one (and if you miss a week you get an automatic strike) or take a strike. The last person standing wins. As we get later in the year I might modify the game a bit to get to a single overall winner but fear not, after about 5 weeks it gets hard and by week 10 I don't expect too many to be surviving. We may do a redux midway thru the year if we get lots of folks flunking out early.

Edit: addendum-midway thru we will have a double play week where you will pick TWO teams for that week. However one of those two teams will be able to be reused later so if you plan your entire year out it won't mess you up. In that week you will pick 2 of your remaining teams, your main pick plus one extra pick. One of those teams will be eligible to be recycled and picked again in a future week. You don't need to specify which team but you can only re-use one of the two.

LA-Laf @ UK
    UNC-CH @ S. Caro
    W KY @ Vandy
    UT-Martin @ MISS
    LA-Monroe @ GA
    UL @ Auburn (Atlanta)
    UTEP @ Arkansas
    Bowling Green @ TN
    SE MO ST @ MO
    AZ ST @ aTm
    McNeese ST @ LSU
    New Mexico ST @ FL
    Wisconsin @ Alabama
    MSU @ SO MS
    Last edited by Doc; 08-24-2015 at 12:34 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Re: 2015 SURVIVOR GAME THREAD

Week 1 picks

KEY: Alabama (AL) ...................... Georga (GA)
    ...... Auburn (AU)......................... Florida (FL)
    ...... Arkansas (AR)...................... Kentucky (UK)
    ...... LSU (LSU)............................ Tennessee (TN)
    ...... Mississippi ST (MSU).............. S. Carolina (SC)
    ...... OL Miss (MS)......................... Texas AM (aTm)
    ...... Missouri (MO)........................ Vandy (VU)

CGWildcat: VU
    CatinIL: UK
    Darrel: LSU
    Doc: UK
    Donnie: LSU
    Flounder: VU
    Kingcat: UK
    LFBJ: AR
    MITH: MS
    Salsa: MO
    Scout: AU
    Stinger: FL
    Truecatfan: MSU
    Virginia: AR
    Yeager: FL
    Last edited by Doc; 09-04-2015 at 07:25 AM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Vandy

Vanderbilt
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

LSU

Florida

Fab Five

Mississippi

So let me clarify this:

-There's 13 weeks in the season, but we can re-use one of our double-pick teams, so that means that there is one of the 14 teams we don't have to use at all if we don't want?
    -Do we know which week is the double-pick week or will it be a surprise?
    Follow my insane ramblings on UK sports and this crazy world we live in: @UKSalsaKat

Quote Originally Posted by SalsaKat View Post
    So let me clarify this:

-There's 13 weeks in the season, but we can re-use one of our double-pick teams, so that means that there is one of the 14 teams we don't have to use at all if we don't want? Yes, 14 teams, 13 weeks, means the last week you will have 2 unplayed teams. It means you have a decision the last week. It also means you don't have to use Vandy if you don't want to
    -Do we know which week is the double-pick week or will it be a surprise? It will be a mid season, around week 6-9. It allows you to have a bonus team to be reused. I see it as a life line per se. Some don't see it that way but I do. Encourages me to hold onto the better teams so I can double play them, thats my strategy. If we want we can declare the double play ahead of time. Thats fine with me.
    I
    Last edited by Doc; 08-31-2015 at 03:44 PM.

I'll take UK also Doc

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

LSU

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Arky....

Thanks, Doc. I mostly needed to know if it was better to not play the weakest team or to not play the strongest team and keep it in my pocket for the double shock week.

I will take Missouri.
    Follow my insane ramblings on UK sports and this crazy world we live in: @UKSalsaKat

Quote Originally Posted by SalsaKat View Post
    Thanks, Doc. I mostly needed to know if it was better to not play the weakest team or to not play the strongest team and keep it in my pocket for the double shock week.

I will take Missouri.
    Oh, if I were you I'd play all my good teams right away. No sense in not playing them early.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Oh, if I were you I'd play all my good teams right away. No sense in not playing them early.
    You raise some valid points. I believe I will try to play Vandy twice as well.

Florida

MSU

Auburn

Arkansas
    "It's a mere moment in a man's life between an All-Star Game and an Old-Timers Game." - Vin Scully

UK

Doc was smart to get UK out of the way, huh? That's why I followed his lead.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

Week on got us two strikes as two picked the commodores. Tsk, Tsk. Vandy was the only SEC team to lose so everybody else is safe.

Here are week 2 games:

UK @ SC
    JAX ST @ AU
    Fresno ST @ MS
    GA @ VU
    Middle TM @AL
    Toledo @ AR
    Oklahoma @ TN
    MO @ Arkansas ST
    E. Carolina @ FL
    Ball ST @ aTM
    LSU @ MSU
    Week 2 picks

KEY: Alabama (AL) ...................... Georga (GA)
    ...... Auburn (AU)......................... Florida (FL)
    ...... Arkansas (AR)...................... Kentucky (UK)
    ...... LSU (LSU)............................ Tennessee (TN)
    ...... Mississippi ST (MSU).............. S. Carolina (SC)
    ...... OL Miss (MS)......................... Texas AM (aTm)
    ...... Missouri (MO)........................ Vandy (VU)

CGWildcat: VU
    CatinIL: UK
    *Darrel: needs double play week 2-see post #29, AU
    *Doc: UK, FL
    *Donnie: needs double play week 2-see post 29, FL
    *Flounder: VU, aTm
    *Kingcat: UK, AR
    LFBJ: AR
    *MITH: MS, aTm
    *Salsa: MO, AU
    Scout: AU
    *Stinger: FL, AU
    Truecatfan: MSU
    Virginia: AR
    Yeager: FL

Red is incorrect pick. An * indicates you have picked this weeks game (it will help as we move on, trust me)
    Last edited by Doc; 09-08-2015 at 12:25 PM.

aTm

FL

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

AU

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Week on got us two strikes as two picked the commodores. Tsk, Tsk. Vandy was the only SEC team to lose so everybody else is safe.
    )
    Doc I understand this is your game. However the first sentence of your instructions state: each week you pick ONE SEC team to win. LSU did not win. I am lodging an official protest against letting that fella who picked LSU to WIN off the hook!

Fab Five

aTm

Ark. (Not sold on the "hogs" this season)

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Doc I understand this is your game. However the first sentence of your instructions state: each week you pick ONE SEC team to win. LSU did not win. I am lodging an official protest against letting that fella who picked LSU to WIN off the hook!

This is correct. I was in a similar situation with a tie in an NFL league and was force to take a loss. Felt it was unfair and see better ways to resolve it so in an attempt to be fair, those who played LSU will need to double play week 2 (because they are not making up the game-that is not the participants fault)
    Last edited by Doc; 09-07-2015 at 07:45 AM.

I was radioactive the first week. 0-5 in BTO, and couldn't even win an LSU game v McNeese State.

Stay away, stay far away.

I appreciate the accommodation, but will accept any interpretation. Just run of the green.

If I'm picking two this week, I'll include LSU to carry over. I really don't like them on the road against Miss. State, but with my picking, that's probably a positive.

I'll add the other later.

Nashville and Bowling Green were fun this weekend. Otherwise, it was a near football nightmare for my predictions.