Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kentucky football...welcome to rock bottom

Re: Kentucky football...welcome to rock bottom

Pregame....Mitch said fans complaining about football have a personal agenda .... or something like that. Heard a little bit of it, but I never got the context.

Quote Originally Posted by TacosMcGee View Post
    Pregame....Mitch said fans complaining about football have a personal agenda .... or something like that. Heard a little bit of it, but I never got the context.
    Oh yeah I forgot about that...that didnt sink in...oh yeah, he needs to go too

Larry Glover ‏@larrygloverlive

I've been told the actual attendance was 19,688.

Whoo-wee. If there is silence come Monday, then Mitch can go with him.

Well we are back to being a W on the calendar of other teams...

Comeback Cat

You would be surprised at how many, long time, die hard UK football fans I talked to yesterday, myself included, who wanted a Vandy blowout win. Sad, but we feel that is what it would take to eliminate the insanity of MB possibly bring Joker back next year. Now you can all tell me how you could never root against UK. but for the good of this program what happened yesterday is a blessing, assuming Joker is fired NLT tomorrow.

LakeCat, I couldn't root against UK; just not in my nature. But once the game was going to be lost, I can easily see a "who cares, pile on" attitude if it resulted in a better hiring/firing decision.

Let's look on the bright side. . . . Next year we'll have no place to go but up!
    changing my signature to change our luck.

If Joker could have had a Hoosier's moment and turned it all around, ripping off wins the rest of this year and 8 or 9 wins next year, I think everyone would have been happy. No way do I pull for a blow-out in the pregame, but once you know you aren't winning, you just stop caring.

I'm glad the young guys are seeing the field. Some coach has got some talent to start with next year....certainly more talented than your average 1-9 team.

Comeback Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    LakeCat, I couldn't root against UK; just not in my nature. But once the game was going to be lost, I can easily see a "who cares, pile on" attitude if it resulted in a better hiring/firing decision.
    Darrell, I certainly understand, but when you got a AD not in touch with reality, if we had pulled off a win in front of 19,000 against Vandy and finished 3-9, do you have any doubt Joker would have been retained by MB? The debacle Saturday, IMO gave UK football a decent chance of a resurrection.

I think Joker was going before the Vandy game. But, all of this speculation about what might of or would have or could have happened just is in denial of what actually did happen. Let's move on.