Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Any random good thoughts and prayers you may have?

Any random good thoughts and prayers you may have?

My son's soccer coach is a terrific person, and a terrific coach. I had the chance to talk to UK's women's soccer coach about him before we agreed to play for his club, and the UK coach said, "he's a great coach, but a better person. He'd be outstanding for your son."

He's right. Great, uplifting, guy. I can see why he has been highly successful in his profession and in life.

His wife has cervical cancer. The players are all wearing teal wristbands (cervical cancer color) to remind them that there are more important things than soccer, and also to play with the tenacity and intensity that this terrific family is fighting this dreaded disease. The prognosis is very bad. The family has two children, including a 14-year old son who plays on the same team, and an older daughter, and any spare good thoughts and prayers you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Any random good thoughts and prayers you may have?

Done.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Rupp's Runt

Prayers for her and her family.
    MOLON LABE!

Heartbreaking. Done.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Fab Five

Very sad Darrell. Does your son play for BUSA? While it is good for the kids to be rallying around this woman, I hope they understand the realities. All the parents should be proud of the kids.

Done

Prayers sent

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Update. Yesterday the coach sent an email asking for prayers. Her health has declined further.

There is a new experimental drug being used in Augusta. The family was denied yesterday and he asked for prayers.

Three hours later, they overturned their decision and they are headed to Augusta today for the two day treatment, which will be repeated every two weeks. Prayers were answered just to allow her to receive this treatment.

The outlook has not changed, however. The realities are still where they've been. But there is always hope, and prayer. This is a very good woman, and family, strong in faith and conviction. They need all of it now.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Prayers, please.

Here's a short Youtube video that his women's soccer team put together. The coach is Todd Yelton, and his wife is Shauna. Amazing people.

Last edited by Darrell KSR; 11-01-2015 at 10:13 PM.

Fab Five

Hard to watch that and not tear up. May Shauna be lifted up on eagles' wings.

Please keep the family in your prayers. Shauna passed away this afternoon.

Friends,

It is with a very heavy heart that I share with you the news that Todd Yelton’s beautiful wife Shauna passed away this afternoon and is now present with the Lord. **There are not adequate words to express the sadness we feel for Todd.* There also are no words sufficient to express our gratitude for Shauna’s life. *

Please join me in praying for Todd, their daughter MacKenzie, their son Colin, his brother Jay, extended family, and our Women’s Soccer Team.*

Details will be forthcoming as the family sets the time and place for the memorial service.

Romans 8:28

Martin

Martin Newton

Director of Athletics

Todd Yelton was named the Southern Conference Coach of the Year yesterday. That's his 7th overall Coach of the Year award, 5 in college and 2 Georgia state high school.

Bombino

Damn, horrible for someone to have to go through. May God have mercy on her soul. I hope she is in a better place now and I hope the family has the strength to make it through this holiday season without her.

Not that it means much, but root for Samford this weekend. Todd will not be traveling with the team, as his wife's service is Saturday. Todd's younger brother, Jay, is his chief assistant coach and he will be coaching the team.

They play Mercer Friday at 4 p.m. CT.

Fab Five

Very sorry to hear the news.

Unforgettable

Just too young but God has His reasons and we have to respect that even though we don't understand

Years back, maybe 18, a young man in our youth group died from cancer, his parents were fellow teachers like we were. Good looking blonde boy, great baseball and football player, all American kid that everyone loved. The high school baseball field is named after him. A few months before his death the lesson I taught that Sunday to my senior boys was the Spirit carried out Gods plans and we needed to understand that the future may have held something even worse for the person so God calls them home rather than have them find a worse death. While we as friends or family suffer from the death, it is better for that person than the future

That has always stuck with me dealing with the death of someone that is not well into their senior years

I had a golf buddy die last Saturday from cancer at age 58. Never gave up and battled to the end.

Classy act by Furman University, hosting the Southern Conference championship this weekend.

Before the game, rather than putting Samford and Mercer on the scoreboard, they put "Shauna Strong," which was the hashtag and rallying cry for her during her illness.

uploadfromtaptalk1446849948522.jpg

Baylor's soccer team sent this video today.

http://twitter.com/SamfordSoccer/sta...733890/video/1

Samford loses. Game was tied 1-1, scoreless in 1st and 2nd OT, and did not advance, losing penalty kick shootout, 4-3.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Samford loses. Game was tied 1-1, scoreless in 1st and 2nd OT, and did not advance, losing penalty kick shootout, 4-3.

It wasn't meant to be. Those women had to be emotionally drained.

Memorial service today at 11. It's a depressing, sad, rainy day. I'm guessing the girls will be back for this, too. You know their minds had to be on it.