Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Things that make you realize you're getting old

Things that make you realize you're getting old

I'm attending an engagement party tonight for a young lady. She has graduated from Auburn, and is in her master's program at UAB, and will be graduating soon. She is getting married in 2016.

She's a former basketball (and volleyball) player I coached.

In YMCA, pre-school ball.

Wow.

Coached her through the 8th grade, but have coached her since before she started school.

Re: Things that make you realize you're getting old

That is not old. I helped my granddaughter with her math homework night before last.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

My next to the youngest grand daughter saw me changing shirts and asked "what is wrong with your belly Paw paw?"
    i told her I had just ate too much...which is true over time.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

My great grandson is one year and five months old.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    That is not old. I helped my granddaughter with her math homework night before last.
    Common Core's got you stumped too?
    MOLON LABE!

- I've been at my job for 28 years
    - I take multiple daily medications
    - my beard is entirely white
    - for 12 years I was the youngest person in my 180 man org. Now I'm in top ten oldest and hired 90% of our staff.
    - I can remember last time we beat Florida in football.
    - some women in their 60's now look hot.

Quote Originally Posted by ETWNAPPEL View Post
    - I've been at my job for 28 years - I take multiple daily medications - my beard is entirely white - for 12 years I was the youngest person in my 180 man org. Now I'm in top ten oldest and hired 90% of our staff. - I can remember last time we beat Florida in football. - some women in their 60's now look hot.
    All that seems familiar.

Based on the descriptions so far I'm old, so you guys need to change your descriptions. Now.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

For the most part I'm in really good shape for my age, but...... watching the Tony Perez statue unveiling and the Big Red Machine this weekend and seeing my hero's are Old, Joe Morgan walking with a cane.... and most of them are only 10-15 years older than me!! At my job 36-years where for 20+ I was one of the youngest in the plant, now I'm in the top 30 of over 700!! Work with young guys in my shop that are younger than my daughter and I'm older than their parents. But the great thing about it is, I'm about to be a Grandpa for the 1st time!! Really excited about that part of getting old!

Quote Originally Posted by AshCat View Post
    I'm older than their parents. But the great thing about it is, I'm about to be a Grandpa for the 1st time!! Really excited about that part of getting old!
    Rightfully so, and for good reason. Congrats!

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.